Bahá'í Faith

I recently stumbled across the Bahá'í Faith and found it quite interesting; not only for the amount of followers, but also for the apparent influences it has on various organisations around the world.

I thought I might post some information on the Bahá'í here as at least record so that others can view and comment on it if they please.

Cheers.

Interesting, but people like Buddha never claimed to be a manifestation of “God”. He was just a human being.

Yeah, I know. Apparently these guys believe that the manifestations adapted themselves to the region and time in which they appeared. I would suppose to serve some kind of purpose, but then, I havn’t yet read their book.

I have had several friends who were Baha’i. In the Occident it is a beautiful, non-threatening faith, but in Asia they are as convert hungry as Jehova’s witnesses.

It is actually a pretty cool religion.

Once all of these religious leaders amalgumate, many of their ideas will contradict eachother, and who is the person who will do the job of sorting out which of two contradicting statements are “correct”? Also, there will be so many statements/ideas that only a percentage of these ideas will be focused upon & fallowed, so who will select these?

Whoever started this religion – just used other religious leaders as fuel for his or her own ideas. As usual, this is about what people say. God is what they believe ‘Him’ to be.

Well, since the Baha’i faith has a leader (I forget the title and name), that person works out the conflicts.

Though there are remarkably few conflicts between religions in terms of what constitutes a good person, ect. As for the specifics, you can explain a lot of those away as, “right idea at the right time, but now . . . .” Similar to why Christians don’t keep kosher.

So, their morals are liberalistic?

As compared to Islam, which it branched off from, very much so.

Plus the Unity of Faith and the extreme humanitarian bent of the religion really sets itself up for that.

Interesting. Someone make that a state-religion and see what happens…