Scientology

Can anyone tell me about Scientology…I have vague understandings of their rantings, it would be nice to have a few facts so i can say i know what I am talking about. What are their beliefs?..how do they worship?..how much does it cost?..etc

p.s. is it the same thing as Christian science?

I know they were started by L Ron Hubbard and they see themselves as a “self-help philosophy” rather than a religion. And everyone knows that Mr Cruise and a few others are members. I think they are banned in Germany and France because they are a cult, or were at one time. But I’m pretty sure “Christian Science” is a different group started by somebody else. They both have some weird beliefs but then again so do most religions…

Well there is always…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

I didn’t read the article, but from what I understand…
L Ron Hubbard discovered negative energy waves or something and he called it…well I can’t remember so we will call them ‘widgets’.
So they hook you up to a machine (this is called auditing) that detects these ‘widgets’ and they ask you a series of questions, then based on the readings of the machine they give you a score and the goal is to get your ‘widgets’ down to the lowest level possible, basically less negative energy means happiness.
You have to pay more and more money to learn more about the religion and for more ‘auditing sessions’.
They don’t worship any supernatural God, although I think they do believe that human life was put here by aliens, not completely improbable but still not backed up with any legitimate evidence.

Scientology is really not a religion, its actually bullshit. L Ron Hubbard was a science fiction writer, he came up with a fantastic business idea though.
He is not a scientist, there is no real scientific evidence to prove that these devices he created detect anything at all.
L Ron Hubbard is a deusche. A clever deusche but still a deusche.

Where do you draw the line for a bull shit…

and for “true” religious belief? Is it based upon time? Is it based upon how ridiculous the story of origin is not?

I’m curious.

Ol’ Phil,

scientomogy.com/southpark_scientology.php

Scientology in a nutshell.