You can argue with man, but you cannot argue with God

Even if God wants an unjust decision, who can question him? If his judgment was thought to be unfair, who can question him.

Then you may say we can’t question God, because there is no God.
Let say it is the highest authority, the one who control your life acts like God. Who can question them? You cannot question just by one person.

And some will even think, and ignore your complaint, because you are not qualified to argued with me, because you do not have a doctoral degree nor came from a great school or a high GPA.

So I will give you a question, is God’s judgments justifed?

Even if God wants an unjust decision, who can question him? If his judgment was thought to be unfair, who can question him.

Then you may say we can’t question God, because there is no God.
Let say it is the highest authority, the one who control your life acts like God. Who can question them? You cannot question just by one person.

And some will even think, and ignore your complaint, because you are not qualified to argued with me, because you do not have a doctoral degree nor came from a great school or a high GPA.

Does God judge people? or people judge other people. Does God has human-like traits. If we assign human traits to God, aren’t we underestimating his powers. We reap what we sow. If you drink and drink and drink alcohol all the time, then you will have liver problems. Steve Irwin knew the dangers of his occupation. He was a crocodile hunter, what was he doing underwater with the stringray? He shouldn’t have pulled it out, he had a better chance of survival if they just chopped off that tail. He reaped what he sowed.

Why would an all-powerful being make anything unjust? :wink:

But seriously we all can question him. It is all mankind can do in the face of nature aka God to many. Will they get an answer? Prolly not.
[/quote]
[/quote]

If there is a God, there would have to be some modus operandi for his decisions. Then again that is from the perspective of how we are raised of God being a caring being. But as far as his judgements being justified you would find once again you return to relativity. Subjectivity often reigns supreme when people are involved.

Well, if you challenge the J/C God he’ll bust a beer bottle off in yer ass, or so I’ve heard. He doesn’t take kindly to that sort of thing.

He should learn to take some constructive criticism a bit better…it may help him grow as a God…LOL :sunglasses:

Noone is just or unjust.

Don’t continue these delusions.

Better that than a burning bush.

Well from a theistic perspective (I try to sometimes play the opposite perspective) We may not know what is best for us. From our limited, non-all-knowing perspective it would seem that unjustice is a bad thing. But from the all-knowing perspective unjustice is a good thing.

“it seperates the wheat from the chaff.”

The god of the bible assigns human traits to himself. “My name is jealous, for I am a jealous god.” (Ex 34:14)

I agree that we reap what we sow, but so do most cultures. The idea probably came from the near east, and the hindu/persian idea of “Karma”.

That’s a low blow man… Steve did know the dangers of his occupation and always took precautions. The manta ray was a freak accident. Rays don’t often sting people in the chest because they are so low to the ocean floor… Sometimes karma is a bitch, and sometimes the bitch bites you ir-regardless.

As an example, you can take all the right precautions while driving, never drive drunk, always wear your seat belt, but you can go on a green light, then some drunk asshole comes screaming through the light while it’s red and side swipes your car hitting you and paralyzing you for life.

Is that Karma?

Hmm, what if we are actually supposed to question this supreme being. Look, parents tell their kids all the time not to do things because they are not old enough . Well what if we are old enough now? It is just waiting for us to figure that out, like a parent does. What parent comes out and says directly here you can question me about this now, no, they let you figure it out in order to help you.

Is God God, or isn’t He? The thread begins by tossing that word out there, and then procedes as though he’s some ignorant, barely literate lout like the rest of us, who just happens to be the top of the heap. Can God even make an unjust decision in the first place? What is this ‘fair’, and how does it apply to a cosmos in which we grant the existence of an omni-everything Being that isn’t us? Think about it. Is there anything that could possibly be more unfair than the fact that there’s a God, and it isn’t you?

They are questioning the “false God” of Isreal.

You see: Dogma hides behind things such as an “unquestionable” “God”, so that actual thought gets “dumbed-down”.

Example:

God:
“I’m God, and what I say/do is unquestionably, divinely perfect. The only one who questions or defies me is Satan & his fallowers. You are a mortal man, you are in no position to ever question my perfect justice. Obey, love me, or die.”

Satan:
“That’s no way to live. It’d be torture to submit to that anyways. Might as well enjoy liberation, instead…”

Dan~

No kidding, that’s the only God what gets questioned 'round these parts. Anyways, they aren’t doing it very well.

What do you know about Christian thought, to make a judgement like that?

Science versus christianity

empirical over rational ? Metaphysics lose.

why is metaphysics a science and haven’t made any progress thus far, yet its ground principle, if it has any, still lives?

What is faith and hope? What does it get you?
What is practical reason? What does it get you?

I most definetly agree that dogmas hide behind an unquestionable God to further the delusion.

Honestly the creators of the bible thought of every trick in the book to supress human thought. To keep them close minded and incapable of using simple logic to determine COMPLEX outcomes.

In other words i’m saying that the bible is a method of mass manipulation (MMM). Boy oh boy do they have the world fooled. Quotes from the bible like “Do not rely on your own underststanding and the evil that decievers of men preach”, not only advocate disregarding reason but also imply that anyone who shows a different path or has a different opinion is automatically the devil’s advocate. This is not so. But with quotes like this NO argument is strong enough to break a christian from thier delusion. Only they can do that.

The Matrix. A term with some goofy connotations but it directly applies to the world we live in. This world,…is not like we think it is. Most people who think they understand life (usually through the bible or some other religious belief) are usually way off. You see, the world we live in is complex in the sense that there are things going on "behind the curtains’ that we can not even fathom. Presidents have been caught doing illegal/corrupt things, yet the ones who have not been caught are not innocent…just slick. It’s all orchestrated. I can’t go into detail but i must stress the idea of freeing your mind and thinking outside the box. I must stress to you to break the way your brain has been conditioned to think in. Your thought have been influenced from BIRTH, to think a certain way. No matter who you are. It’s all conditioning. Which in turn is more or less brain wash.

Christians really think that they understand life simply through the bible when the subject of life is so much deeper then that. Is it really that hard to fathom that what you believe is a mere creation of man?

“A lie told enough times eventually becomes the truth.”
-Stalin

I most definetly agree that dogmas hide behind an unquestionable God to further the delusion.

Honestly the creators of the bible thought of every trick in the book to supress human thought. To keep them close minded and incapable of using simple logic to determine COMPLEX outcomes.

In other words i’m saying that the bible is a method of mass manipulation (MMM). Boy oh boy do they have the world fooled. Quotes from the bible like “Do not rely on your own underststanding and the evil that decievers of men preach”, not only advocate disregarding reason but also imply that anyone who shows a different path or has a different opinion is automatically the devil’s advocate. This is not so. But with quotes like this NO argument is strong enough to break a christian from thier delusion. Only they can do that.

The Matrix. A term with some goofy connotations but it directly applies to the world we live in. This world,…is not like we think it is. Most people who think they understand life (usually through the bible or some other religious belief) are usually way off. You see, the world we live in is complex in the sense that there are things going on "behind the curtains’ that we can not even fathom. Presidents have been caught doing illegal/corrupt things, yet the ones who have not been caught are not innocent…just slick. It’s all orchestrated. I can’t go into detail but i must stress the idea of freeing your mind and thinking outside the box. I must stress to you to break the way your brain has been conditioned to think in. Your thought have been influenced from BIRTH, to think a certain way. No matter who you are. It’s all conditioning. Which in turn is more or less brain wash.

Christians really think that they understand life simply through the bible when the subject of life is so much deeper then that. Is it really that hard to fathom that what you believe is a mere creation of man?

“A lie told enough times eventually becomes the truth.”
-Stalin

In order to break this cycle, someone must put their life on the line.

If what you are saying is true, and your prinicples are true, will you put your life on the line? Will someone die for their beliefs and principles, as much of the chistiains did?

Who has the courage to die what they believe in?

Hey, look, another person who doesn’t know anything about Christianity telling the world how Christians apparently think. So, Powdered Water, I invite you to come out of your cave and look around. You’ll notice a few things:

Christians on both sides of every imaginable political issue.
Christians on both sides of nearly every imaginable philosophical issue- free will, nominalism, ethics, so on and so forth.
Christians who don’t think the Bible is infallible. Christians who do.
Examples of all of this going back a thousand years or more- this is not a recent phenomenon.

So…if Christianity in general and the Bible in particular is this manipulative tool designed to keep people from thinking, it’s doing a terribly bad job. Here’s a question- in order for you to change your mind, and to acknowledge that people can be and historically have been open-minded deep thinkers and religious at the same time, what would you have to be shown? Beyond all of the above, I mean.

Oh, wait. I bet I know the answers. Christians won’t earn the title of independant thinkers until they disavow Christianity. How open-minded of you.

Justice is not the same thing as fairness. It is more likely that God is hidden, often, behind dogma than that dogma is hiding behind God.

To ask if God’s judgements are (or “is,” I suppose) justified presupposes a justifier - either a person or a principle. Without this, the formulation is meaningless. Dan - you seem to be speaking for yourself. If you are, then only you can be the justifier. So the answer is up to you, notwithstanding an apparent aversion to answers on your part. If some principle is the justifier, then please state it. “Fairness” is a notoriously vague word. If that is the principle, please expand. Normally, in philosophy, we will not take justice and fariness as synonyms. John Rawls, notably, would have had no career, or no fame, if we did.

My understanding of the Christian God, while doubtless flawed, is that he makes the rules, and therefore defines justice. That being the case, there is nothing to do but obey.

Faust: I do think Christianity invites people to ‘judge’ God, because we are taught that God is good.

I do not understand that, Ucci. Again, I am no expert. But it invites people to make the judgement that God is weak, or stupid, or bad as well? Are we invited to make any judgement?

What I mean is, we aren’t just told that God is “in charge” or God is “gonna getcha”…we’re told that God is good. People already have an idea of what ‘good’ is before they are told this, and so therefore, being told that God is good is an invitation to the person to look at God, the claims about Him and His works, and see what is meant. This further invites the person to see things in the world and think to themselves “Why would a good God do that?” I agree with you that it’s not ultimately our place, sure. But there must be some room for judgement or discernment if “God is good” is to be meaningful.