Will we get a syncretistic religion?

What did the Romans do when they got their syncretism? Did they unify all inhabitants of the Roman empire? No. But nevertheless: their religion became a syncretistic religion, a syncretistic religion with a minority that did not want a syncretistic religion.

The question is whether we will get a syncretistic religion, and the answers can be “yes”, “no”, or “i don’t know” (see above).

Let’s have an interim result for the question: „Will we get a syncretistic religion?"

We have 64% for „yes“, 27% for „no“, and 9% for „I don’t know“.

For comparison:

Please vote!

but earlier you said this?

The topic is a question: Will we get a syncretistic religion?

A syncretistic religion does not require an unification of all humans. But nevertheless: if we all get a syncretistic religion, then those who don’t want this syncretistic religion will also get a syncretistic religion (that’s logical, even tautological!), although they do not want it, although they are not religiously (but for example: economically or politically) unified.

Then we already have many of such religions.

Yes, and many of them are former syncretistic religions. But the question is: Will we get a syncretistic religion? This syncretistic religion would be more syncretistic than all other syncretistic religions before it.

Probably a syncretistic religion for all humans (the minority is included) is already in the making but not a complete reality yet, because those who are against it are still a majority.

We are going around in circles. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Once again, my fault not yours.

What is your problem here?

A minority of students who do not study are nevertheless students - because they are as matriculated as the majority of students who study.

Replace the word “students” by the word “syncretistic humans” and the word “study” by the word “believe in a syncretistic religion”.

There is reality on the one side and ideality on the other side.

Will we get “one and only one” syncretistic education system?

No.

Will we get “many” syncretistic education systems?

Yes.

Education? Primarily we are talking about religion, although religion has much to do with education.

So you are saying that we will not get merely “one syncretistic education system” but “many syncretistic education systems”. Please tell me: why?

Your logic is hard to follow… you raised the student and study (education) not me.

Why will we get many… because that is already what is happening and has happened since the dawn of man.

That was just an example in order to explain what is meant - because you did not understand it.

Yes. But that does not necessarily exclude that we will get merely one …

I understand.

Disagreeing is not the same as not understanding.

Will we evolve into 19 foot giants with four arms?
This too is possible.
Do I think it will happen?
No.

You said two times:

That is not understanding - of course.

And because of that fact I gave you one more example (**).

Why not?

Perhaps you know the following two thread titles (topics) which are also questions:

I say It is possible, and the probability that it will happen is about 80% (see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here).

Don’t underestimate the changes!

The assumption is that because I do not agree with you that I do not understand you.

When these things happen, then the probably of them having happened will be 100%.

Sorry, I am not going to read other threads.
If I needed to read other threads then I do not see why you made this one.
… I would have responded to those.

I think in our case there is no disagreement which can’t be solved.

According to the mathematical and logical definition of probability and thus to the probability calculation itself it is not possible to know what would or will happen - otherwise the mathematical and logical definition of probability and thus to the probability calculation itself would be superfluous, redundant.

So you read only this thread! Great! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Tweet from a local church:

Most London churches are near all now non-denominational.

Sorry to hear that you are from London. Immigration is an option for you.

The second sentence annihilates the first sentence. So why is there the first sentence? The writers of this two sentences make themselves untrustworthy and attackable. :-k

What does that exactly mean? “Non–denominational” does not mean the same in every country. So is it possible in the UK that even members of Non-Christian religions can join a Christian church by keeping / maintaining their Non-Christian religions?

Thanks for the tip :confused:

I’m currently very happy in London.

All are welcome