What is your attitude towards theism ...?

What is your attitude towards theism …? … What are you?

• I am a theist.
  • I am an antitheist.
  • I am a syntheist (synthesis of aheist and antitheist).
  • I am an atheist.
  • I am no theist, no antitheist, no syntheist, and no atheist.
  • I do not know.
0 voters

What is your attitude towards theism …? What are you according to your attitude towards theism ?

I not only believe in the gods but know that they exists for sure. To me, it is not an assumption but a hard reality.

Having said that, I am not sure that much about the supreme authority( the God). I have some assumptions about it but they are mere assumptions.

Yet, my knowledge and certainty about lesser gods forces me believe that there must be a highest form of the gods too.

With love,
Sanjay

Can I ask what your justification for such confidence is?

So you are even a so-called “gnostic theist”, because you are saying that you know that gods exist. Would you mind explaining this a little bit?

James,

If you remember, we have been talked about this a bit once or twice in different threads in the past. Though, I do not have any problem in explaining that again.

But, I am willing to write a long post regarding what we left unfinished in Machine thread. I will post that in a day or two. You can question me there whatever you want.

With love,
Sanjay

Arminus,

You may call me what you want. I do not mind that.

In a nutshell, till my late twentieths, like most of the modern youngsters, I was firmly of the opinion that scriptures are fairy tales and created by religions to keep folks under morality. And, science and morality are enough to lead an ideal life.

But, fortunately or unfortunately, circumstances pushed me into completely untapped territory, where I came across and learned a lot of new things, both mentally and physically too. Those experiences compelled me to change my opinion about R&S.

With love,
Sanjay

it really needs to go away. its a source of tardation.

theism can be used in conversation, to illustrate a point. for example, “he has a good spirit, or God be with you, or Why did GOd make this dang world! or god cannot be a good god, my life sux, or perhaps there is some sort of cosmic or supernatural intelligience in the universe”

theism goes too far when it makes people closeminded, fallacy spewin, “i respectfully disagree to believe in the toothfairy because thats hows i was raised” tards.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188110

With love,
Sanjay

I dont see the connection between this thread and that. however, ive met more than my fair share of tards (riley bowen) who are well versed in philosophy books yet are, philosophically speaking, tards.

Well, if you cannot see the connection between what you said and my provided link, it would to useless to go further in details.

You may continue.

With love,
Sanjay

sorry i didnt purchase the mind reading device built by ecmandu on tardcentral.com

i fail to see how someone’s attitude towards theism is some how connected to ones opinion of young ones doing philosophical reading, but i guess i don’t do enough drugs to have all this ‘connection making’ and solving the mystery of the universe as the number 42 and making connections to the illuminati, the number 24, and dewitos.

Thanks for your response. So you just explained a little bit that you changed your opinion about religion and sprituality. But you did not expalin why you know that gods exist and that there must be a highest form of the gods too. It would be very kind of you, if you explained that too.

An infinite reality contains many ‘deity’-like forces and beings.
So, i must be a theist.

An infinite reality would also contain an infinite amount of black holes, and an infinite amount of evil deities who kill all the other good deities.

There are not infinite black holes. There are not an infinite amount of pink bunnies spawning on Earth. Just because some modern scientist parades a theory he popped out his ass (that there are infinite realities) does not make it true.

I bet there are.

That’s not a very good argument.
You’re basically saying only the physical exists.
A lot of people mentally live in a tiny box.
They think less is possible, not more.
No tea pots floating around the moon doesn’t prove any sort of thing about the infinite.
You don’t have two heads on your body, therefor there is no such thing as a person with two heads.
That’s your argument style.

Only the physical exists. If it is in your perception, it exists.

The concept of black holes can exist in your mind. The concept of black holes exist, but they are different from external, measurable black holes.

The idea that the universe is free from causality and the laws of physics, where thousands of pink bunnies, thousands of deities, appearing at any moment, is a reality, is a product of a retards imagination, nothing more. It is not a valid proof of theism.

Have physics randomly broken down for no reason? Have gods randomly appeared from portals from mars? Until that day, you have no evidence for theism, or infinitely spawning gods.

Theism exists, God exists, but only in your mind, your fantasy, the upside down reality.

You seem to have an accumulation of very lowly definitions of the words you are using.
Existence ≡ ?
Black Hole ≡ ?
God ≡ ?
Laws ≡ ?

These simple words are beyond your awareness it seems.

Laws of physics = truths
truths = patterns that remain consistent and steadfast

Ie. reality
Existence = any part of the tangible, which is the steam of consciousness

Black hole = a singularity, a super massive dead star. There are not an infinite amount of these, not even in your imagination.

God = your definition, what ever is impossible.

Since you define whatever as impossible, as God, how then could there be a string of things deemed to be impossible?

Your argument is that there are infinite realities. So why then, are you aware only of a reality which has consistent truths, ie. not in a state of non-causality, random changes popping up for no reason? Its because its the only reality.
By definition, your “infinite realities” would contain a set of realities which interfere with this reality and make it haywire.
But there is no such thing. No such infinite realities.
The set of infinite realities would contain a set of realities which would cancel all them out. It would cancel out all Gods.
No such infinite realities, no such proof of theism, except in fantasy land.

Merely that one, greatly distorts your speech when referring to anything scientific.

A) A Black Hole is NOT a “singularity”. They are rather large.
B) And yes, there almost definitely are an infinity of them.

Well first, I didn’t define God as “whatever is impossible”. I didn’t define God as “whatever”. I defined “God, The Creator” (a specific concept of God) as “Impossibility itself”, not “whatever is impossible”. A square circle is impossible. But a square circle is not God.

Not even close. Very presumptuous of you.
There is but one reality. You seem to be arguing with someone else.