Progressive Christianity

The most common mistake theists tend to do is that believe the message more than the messenger, though it’s opposite should be done. You cannot believe the message unless you believe the messenger in the first place.

Philosophically or logically, a Christian has no right to believe in whatever said in the Bible, if he does not believe Christ. The Bibilcal God did not take Avatar to spread Christianity, Christ did that.

Means, the cornerstone of the Christianity is Christ, neither Bible nor the God. If, one wants to be a Christian, he has to believe and follow the Christ. Cherry pickers cannot be Christians.

Having said that, there is no harm in following only social premises of Christianity, but that would not change anything on the ground. People will find other reasons for confrontations.

People blame Prophet Muhammad and Islam for Jihad. But, who is culprit for those Crucades, which are done in the name of Christianity? Did Christ ask for any such thing?

With love,
Sanjay

what the world needs now-------is love sweet love

actually what our own homes need------- is love sweet love

I have to disagree with that. Although it is true that if one is to be called a “Christian”, then he, by definition, must believe in Christ, Jesus.

It is very important at times to simply believe the messenger (religious faith). But that is never true of everyone at the same time. The message itself must be examined, verified.

From where did the messenger get the message? Did he simply believe in a higher messenger? And is that an infinite chain always higher and higher?

Of course, you are speaking from the position of someone believing Jesus to be merely a messenger. That isn’t exactly the whole truth of it, but more the Islamic assertion.

what a bunch of crap…who is the messenger…where is god…how do we know…
the message is what is important…what is the message…who cares where it came from…
even if it comes out of your rear end…follow it and see what happens…if it works use it

Sorry, but I was not referring to your post.

Yes. I know. Do you now know that I was not referring to your post? See above.

Again: I was not referring to your post. The post I was referring to was a black and white statement. So I responded accordingly. … Hello? … Wake up!

Do you now understand?

progressive Christianity is trying to save jesus…
which jesus are they talking about…

The Jesus with the message of love.

that’s the way I see it also…but the fundies want a jesus that rose from the dead…

Perhaps someone knows more about it than you.

maybe that person is you…tell us about it

I seem to have overseen a post. Sorry.

But you overlooked a statement that would truly fit your answer:

I think progressive Christianity is trying to get rid of the heaven/hell thingy…

So what is the basic difference between progressive Christianity and secular humanism?

good question…I don’t really know…maybe secular humanism doesn’t follow just jesus…

But it can without the labels.

So what is the basic difference between progressive Christianity and secular humanism?
[/quote]
good question…I don’t really know…maybe secular humanism doesn’t follow just jesus…
[/quote]
But it can without the labels.
[/quote]
yes…and Christianity still wants to hold on to the authority of jesus…its like a club over your head…instead of love…

Morality always holds a club over your head. But it’s for your own good. :smiley:

morality maybe doesnt come from some father god

It makes you feel better if it comes from some senile old guys instead? Or philosopher kings? Or warlords?