Proving That God Exists

It is not possible to prove or disprove God. That is why he was “created” by humans (or did he “create” the humans?). :slight_smile:

God was defined by humans, not “created by”. The social god types who demand absolute authority over all things, the Godwannabes, constantly attempt to create themselves into God. With technology, they are really excited about how supreme they are and how much more they will become (even so as to now cherish the word “becoming”). That is why they will not change their course - too much PHT blinding them.

I’m afraid it’s all too possible. I can understand your reluctance to accept that you’ve written a load of rambling nonsense but denial isn’t going to help. Maybe you could try thinking before you put down the words, some people find this a very useful strategy. Good luck with your next attempt.

Well, I understood him. So it can’t be all that bad.

All that proves is that it’s not only great minds that think alike.

I have put the word “created” in quotation marks, because I have meant “defined”, yes. We both have had many conversations about that without any misunderstanding.

How about showing us the “greatness” of your mind then? It’s easy to say that something is nonsense, but so far you didn’t provide a single constructive contribution to the subject.

Are you implying that I couldn’t?

What it proves is that when great minds understand each other, they don’t really care what you think.

Or any topic as far as I can tell.

What puzzles me is why you took any notice of me in the first place.

Oh no, I’m sure your time merely hasn’t come yet,… I’m looking forward to the forthcoming event.

Yes, Harbal did not provide a single constructive contribution but a lot of nonsense. He is just a peckish troll.

The question is … why you haven’t.

OK but I’m warning you, when my time does come you’ll be disappointed.

Well I’m quite new here and I’m still finding my feet so I thought I’d just drop in on one or two threads, get to know the people, make a few friends etc…

I’m guessing you’re not from the UK. Here, peckish means slightly hungry, sort of feeling like a snack, which, funnily enough, is actually the case. I am actually a little peckish. So, although I’m sure that is not what you meant when you used the word “peckish”, you really have, albeit inadvertently, hit the nail right on the head. As far as the troll thing is concerned, I’m not sure what is meant by that but I think I can safely assume it isn’t a compliment. Am I right?

You seem to have a very negative, somewhat self-defeating, way of “making friends”.

And Arminius is German, quite educated (especially in European history). But he is still learning English (in its various forms). He meant “pickish”, even though that isn’t a “proper” English word, so he used “peckish”, which looks like it should mean the same thing. The Brits merely smeared the word into a special case meaning (“pecking like a bird”).

His avatar kind of looks peckish, and birdlike, tho.

Well it is our language so I think we are entitled to mess about with it.

I’ll have you know that the avatar was carefully chosen to project the air of mature authority befitting my personality and character.

James, your hurt feelings aside, none of your arguments actually were necessary here. This is my thread; I wanted to talk about this subject along the lines provided and if you felt that you had something to add to the conversation, which you obviously did; all that I had asked was that you form them (your additions) to fit the conversation instead of conflicting with it.

You felt, however, that you had something to prove aside from the conversation itself, which had nothing to do with proving that God existed and was mostly to do with proving that you had substance and people should listen to what you say. I have not read any of the replies since my last response here and I will continue to refuse to do so based on the facts out-lined in this post; facts that I am ousting right now.

Based on what you experience in life and what you have experienced, and based in what the OP has stated and posed, I expect somewhat of a working together instead of working against each other, since both of us claim to believe in God and the Devil and therefore should not be opposing each other in such a manner, unless of course you do not do the work of God and instead perform the work of the Devil; which is a faulty dichotomy at present in light of emotional logic which states that whether you do work for one or the other, the work is slightly unsatisfactory all around and thus is lumped somewhere off to the side. For, I have full-on claimed that I perform the work of God and in like manner have provided corresponding data to support such a claim, whereas you run around much like a chicken with its head cut off making assertions based in strong emotion due to repression of your self with me as the unwilling recipient for daring to call you on your shit.

Which is nothing less than justification of Christ’s analysis that if you are to follow his path that you shall be persecuted and dogged; which I have been; since his path was to cast out demons into the light to be seen clearly and to call them out and thus suffered in due course because of such.

I am getting tired of the bastardization of our work and of God’s work, which you seemingly claim to support and when I ask you for clarification and point out the faults of what you bring to the table, all I get is more faulty justification from you instead of actual learning, which again is supplied with answers by the bible: that a wise man will take such counsel in stride and accept such correction while the unwise will have it pass them by. Now, you claim to be wise, and yet act unwisely and without actual understanding of what I say or what is being said in these contexts. Either you are or you are not, but the time for pretenses and idle conjectures has passed and it is now time for straightforward answers.

Will you participate in this conversation; this thread that I started; along the lines provided, or are you going to continue being asinine?

And, my biggest problem with your responses is that you took my lack of response as a sign of your ‘victory’ of self whether over me or over something else, and in such a taking of ‘victory’, have thus paraded your ass through two more pages of my thread in bare fashion, rubbing fecal matter all over my OP and subsequent posts of meaning and merit. You have degraded me and my post and thus God’s work as I claim to do it. You ran rampant like a child in the mind with such trivial assumptions as you have made and asserted. After lifting your mind up for a chaotic posting which I did not even deign to reply to; at least right away; you continued to post doggerel and bullshit in response to the doggerel and bullshit of others and have thus muddied and muddled up my thread against my wishes and with a lack of respect when respect should be given.

Why should it be given? Because instead of simply tearing you down, I gave you things to help build you up alongside of it all and did not tear you down at all, but your arguments. I gave you a small taste of what you wanted: attention and beyond that, similar attention as given to so many others that have engaged me in conversation and in doing so, also saluted the balls you finally mustered to stand your ground against such responses as I might be able to give in return.

But, that is little more than a pat on the head. You failed to actually substantiate your arguments or any philosophical findings that may have actually backed up what you said in any concrete or legible manner and instead attacked blindly with your emotion instead of absoluteness. I am impressed in part by your gaining of strength of spirit and will and yet I remain unimpressed by what you actually brought to the table with it. Try again.