Did the universe just appear or is there a Creator?

Well that’s a choice. We aren’t forced to do so. If we believe we should, we must!
-AiR

He asked “how?”, aka “by what means or method?”

God [or whatever] wants us to just be, otherwise he would be right there in the sky, visible.

No churches, mosques or temples, nor worship, song singing etc required.

If God were visible, only a fool would doubt his existence.

:laughing: … - … (giggles).

Are you inferring that God isn’t visible such that we should have faith? Bit much to create a universe on the back of, especially one that has been around for nearly 14 billlion years prior to our existence.

Yes, that’s what I was inferring. Existence of the universe and of Nature, of which we are a part, should be sufficient evidence for proof of the existence of a creator, for those of faith. For those who doubt, the creations are seen as fortuitous, with the bleak and sterile idea that they have nothing to do with us, i.e that we are a fluke of nature.

That didn’t answer the point though? The universe was around 14b years before us. however…

I don’t think our manifestation is fortuitous, random, or meaningless, this is a major flaw in atheistic thinking. Whatever manifests universe had a very big [infinite] purpose, but I concur it takes belief to add in that humans were part of the original intent. I say that only because such things are impossible to prove, but if one considers that it takes intelligence and not a lack of it to create the universe, then naturally intelligence is going to occur and was intended.

14 billion years is 14 seconds to a timeless god.
What point needed an answer? Refresh.

not to a God which is experiencing it! if the idea of god here, is to be not present such to experience the world, then that’s not the same god as the one which literally is reality as one - the infinite. everything and every moment is surely equally precious [to it], because nature has said divinity at its roots.

The best way to surrender is to accept that whatever happens in one’s life is because of the divine will. It is to know that there is a power in control and that things are not happening randomly. It means that there are laws of the universe that are playing and that there is a power beyond our understanding to which we must surrender, and we should surrender. The realization of such a power and the total acceptance of whatever happens is a clear mark of surrender.
AiR

I’d say God is both infinite and finite, both temporal and atemporal. We see these as contradictory because we are immersed in limited dimensions, i.e., in experiencing what our senses can fathom and extrapolations of that. We are Earth creatures who dream of the stars. Perhaps the universe needs our perspectives; perhaps not.

God seems very feminine to me. I wonder why they associate him as a masculine entity. Because he creates and dominates? Seems a bit erroneous.

What does that mean in a practical sense?

If I get bitten by a tick which infects me with Lyme disease, I get the antibiotic to get rid of it. Right?

I get vaccinated so I don’t get TB, smallpox, etc. Right?

But doing that could be considered non-acceptance of whatever happens.

There are religious persons who would allow a child to die of a disease, which they believe is God’s will, rather than seek professional help.

Yeah. That’s why I don’t know what he means by acceptance.

Stuff will happen. Is acceptance just your thoughts about what happened or is acceptance your (re)actions to what happened?

God doesen’t allow evil, it’s simply thatCreation is tantamount to it’s appearance. Appearance it’s self is evil.

If the pain of being born were to be remembered, then this would become obvious. Therefore, birth is the other side of death, and the difference between the reality of the universe and it’s appearance are merely illusiory.

The Universe and God are pantheistically identical, to their appearance, depending on how superimposed that appearance is to the Creator. At the very tangent, where they barely touch, as in the famous Michalangelo painting of two hands touching, there, at that point, and that point only, can God’s appearance and disappearance be felt.

“Appearance it’s self is evil”. Itself? What could this mean? It reads–Appearance it is self is evil.
And what is meant by “pantheistically identical?”

Then he does experience the universe! That’s the point I was making. We could also say natural [=temporal] and humane [or whatever the divine opposite would be][=atemporal].

An universal entity would utilise and be all perspectives, no?! Otherwise we are describing something else.

Hmm maybe God could be in metaposition to the whole cosmic blender thing – universe [so it goes, metaposition [divinity] > superposition > micro/macroscopic], which is not universal but something beyond that. However, as the thing which created the universe, it will be of similar ilk surely? …so, as like nature.

Back to your point upon perspectives though, the meta-meta-entity ~ God, I concur it would have singular perspective, perhaps not unlike his children. I’d take that right out into nature and cast it to the wind, then all life is imbued in this way. The gently way is to be sympathetic with it, i’d say.

God experiences the universe because he is the universe.