Reformation

Are you in a hurry? Do you need the latest experimental treatment?
Then you need to have money to pay for it and you have to go to the US or Mexico or Cuba, because your state run health insurance won’t pay for it.

Does private cover in the US pay for experimental treatment and also fly you overseas to get it.

It’s not about the insurance coverage in the USA. You got enough money, you can get whatever treatment that you want/need.

That’s everywhere, and with everything, until the money fails to perform its duty.

To sum up. If you have money, then you can go get treatment. If you don’t have money, then you might die while waiting for treatment offered by your state run system.

The persons with the most money will always get preferential treatment (the highest bidder will win) in every aspect of life in our present economical system.

But does that make it moral?

No it doesn’t and that’s why state funded or state subsidised health is required to maintain morality.

Kids , mental and physically handicapped people should be the only ones receiving free healthcare. The rest of us should be held responsible for our own care.

I don’t have a car and so why am I paying taxes to build and maintain roads and bridges (only people who drive cars should be responsible for roads).

Are you paying for that? Or is it paid for by gasoline taxes?

In the area where I live, 90% of the cost of roads is paid for by fuel taxes, registration fees and tolls.

Where does the other 10% come from?

The general tax pot.

But do people who do not drive get no benefit from a transportation infrastructure? Is it too much to ask that they make some contribution?

And instant that they do get a car or rent a car, the roads are in place. That’s worth something to a non-driver … right?

Agree 100%, just like I agree with state funded health where people also have the option for private cover to enhance their health services if they choose to (everyone benefits from a healthy society).

I don’t know what you mean by private cover.

Where I live, a variety of things are not covered by the state system - for example dentistry, glasses, physio, etc. You can get private coverage paid for by your employer or paid for personally for those kinds of things. But the private coverage does not let you just ahead in the surgery queue. The doctors can’t charge more by working outside of the state system.

That’s why I think Australia has a good health system, ‘The Australian health system is world-class in both its effectiveness and efficiency: Australia consistently ranks in the best performing group of countries for healthy life expectancy and health expenditure per person.’ (World Health Organization 2003).

You use the roads through getting rides from others and you actually do want the cops or ambulance to be able to reach you in case you need them. Imagine riding a bicycle down a muddy path or walking down a muddy road with cars zooming down it. Your taxes to maintain the roads benefits you more then you think and more than I mentioned.

For me, it is 200km to the nearest road (no cops or ambulances where I live) and when it rains here it is very muddy.

Well, at least they are there for when you do go to a town or city or neighborhood or whatever. You are paying for future convieniences. You know I seem to recall that mud skis are made. They keep you on the mud not in it. If I am not mistaken they kind of look like little canoes/ boats for your feet. You might look into it. :slight_smile: it might be a fun project for you and maybe students.

But having said that, I am in full support of distributing the expenses (paying taxes) for roads, infrastructure, health and education as a healthy society, an educated society and a developed society benefits everyone.