Is love the answer to the world's problems? (story)

:laughing: 24 thousand? Is that all, One Liner?
Fascinating? Your statement almost read like and reminded me of something which “Spock” (Star Trek) might have said.

Actually, I’m trying to come more to an “uncommon” agreement of what love is.
Do you think that it is unreasonable and a waste of time to investigate “love” considering how much pain, heartache, chaos et cetera might be avoided if we could identify what it is and what it isn’t before we take that sometimes precarious journey into it? If we are able to walk away from something which is only an illusion and not the “real” thing (although we can’t always know that at first or second glance) and see beforehand how following that illusion can lead to pain and chaos, why not take the shortcut to sanity rather than diving into insanity where eventually at some point, we come to realize that it had all been such a terrible waste of time. It really wasn’t love at all - just our neuroses, loneliness, desires, ego…

Yes, love is a single emotion that is felt within relationships together with many other emotions (positive and negative).

Arc, it’s always a waste of time searching for something that has been right under your nose from the very beginning but I guess there is no other way.

I’d say that the type of love most people exhibit is love for familiar, particular persons, places or things. If these relationships are taken care of, there might be hope for a universal love; but, for now that is an abstraction, which sounds pretty, but remedies nothing.

Love can only be the remedy for our own hearts but love-in-action (grace) has the power to be the remedy for the hearts of others.

So, first and foremost, it has to come from the “I”, and then from the “we” too.

Without others to love, it doesn’t come at all (a co-dependant related phenomena).

Agree. What would the Golden Rule amount to without its emphasis on You.

Yes.

Good old Protestant values are hard to divorce from.

Are you a protestant?

(I am not, as I already said.)

I am not but we are immersed in a Global-Protestant society and influenced by it regardless of how we identify ourselves.

Depends on the context of the word “universe”.

He meant it physically, astronomically, cosmologically, but religiously, theologically, philosophically too.

Take it from a troll, Plato was right. Love is a ladder out of the vestiges of the power motive of fornicating animal desire, leading to the primal scream over the bloodshed accompanying the great wars over such , as jealousy, vanity, aggression and the blind application of the will to power!

It takes humility, gentleness and kindness to understand the power of love. Other than that, to kill with kindness exposes the selfish forms of human love.

Are you saying that Plato was a troll?

Then I don’t know what he is talking about as neither identify as a Protestant nor a Buddhist.

Yes,perhaps, and again, even if there was a defining entity as such, it may have had positive, not negative connotations as it seems now.

Oh, the need to identify: the crux of it.