The Order of March 17

An outlet for my religion. As far as I know I have… one affiliate and two or three friendlies. But the fruits of the religion have already been eaten by others.

I will here introduce a seemingly random law. As I am a philosopher of great skepsis, I will not even attempt to justify it. I will however justify that decision, using an anecdote figuring Faust and Raphael.
Raphael is an advocate of religion, of Christianity in particular. He is known for his dogmatic approach. Faust is a skeptic. Raphael is in discussion with a couple of miscellaneous rationalists, about the existence of god. Some of the rationalists are in favor. Others aren’t. It all depends on their definitions.

Faust says: the rationalists go about it the wrong way. They argue: blah blah blah blah, therefore god does or doesnt exist. Raphael is the only one who understands how to talk about god: god exists, therefore blah blah blah blah.

That is the only rational discourse about god.
You assume their existence. You conspire with people that understand why.

A god is a projection of values. These values exist, and as soon as they are apprehended they are projected. The two way mirror, that is slightly skewed, the universal ‘logos’, why everything is just not quite as any one part would have it, and yet unfathomably more beautiful.

So here is my law.

Girls born on March 17 are Muses of the Jupiterian order.

Whosoever is apt to magic and sympathetic to us,
Three days from now, look to the Sun and draw in the light the ♃ while acknowledging the planet, which is right behind the star.

Magic was once only this.

Boys born on September 20th are some special kind of warriors, I have to figure out what they are.

The first year of The Order of March 17th was not 7, but 8 years ago.

A year is a cycle, the time between the suns transits across Jupiter.
Jupiters orbit is 12 years. The Sun crosses its light once ever 13 months, roughly.
Each time, Jupiter has shifted to the next segment of the tropical Zodiac. That is our measure;

the 13 month year.

I forgot how many moons we ended up counting… I hope it was 15. The devils number.

Moon worship plays a fundamental role in Jupiterial ethics; Jupiter is curious and lustful and the moon is the goddess of everything hidden and forbidden - valuing between gods is a violent affair, the world is the dust they kick up.

A Saturnian cycle can be derived.
The Saturnian cycle ‘as such’ is already operative in the minds of astrologers since before writing was an issue, the “Saturn Return” happening for the first time in peoples 29th year counting as the main life-defining cycle in non-progressive astrology. But I am going to use the mathematical mechanism that Jupiter allows for with its speed, which is so finely tuned to the ratio between the suns orbit and the number 12 (a connection perhaps even drawn from the same source as mans reverence for the number), to prescribe for Saturn its “years” (or ‘years’) by taking also the conjunctions as they happen in each sign - but only for the first time. Saturn needs to move to a new sign before he can have another festival. Life is tough, daddyo.