Religious Terrorists

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Religious Terrorists

Postby Prismatic567 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:19 am

This discussion cover terrorists who are religious and have been committing terror, evils and violence around the world.
How do we resolve such a problem.

Views?
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: Religious Terrorists

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:19 am

Maybe some people commit acts of terror and are also religious, but their religion isn't what motivates their acts of terror.

Most of the time, violence in the world happens because people want or need certain resources. A lot of times, the media will try and make it into a religious thing because that's easier for the average dumbass to comprehend. But really...you have to realize that it's kind of odd that it just so happens that the people we want to kill happen to be sitting on top of huge amounts of oil.

Don't be naive man. It's not about religion and all the grown ups know that.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25413
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Religious Terrorists

Postby Prismatic567 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:55 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:Maybe some people commit acts of terror and are also religious, but their religion isn't what motivates their acts of terror.

Most of the time, violence in the world happens because people want or need certain resources. A lot of times, the media will try and make it into a religious thing because that's easier for the average dumbass to comprehend. But really...you have to realize that it's kind of odd that it just so happens that the people we want to kill happen to be sitting on top of huge amounts of oil.

Don't be naive man. It's not about religion and all the grown ups know that.
To deal with evils and violence it would be efficient to categories ALL evil acts as follows;

1. Non-religious, i.e. Secular related evil acts
2. Religious associated evil acts

I believe there are two categories of evil acts associated with religions [2], i.e.
2a. Religious related evil acts
2b. Religion-inspired evil acts.

2a would cover your "some people commit acts of terror and are also religious, but their religion isn't what motivates their acts of terror."
This was what happened with SOME Buddhists in Myanmar who went on a rampage to kill Rohingyas who were mainly Muslims. The other are Buddhists in Tibet, Hindus in India, Christians around the world, etc.
These evil prone Buddhists were never inspired by verses from the Buddhist Sutra and the teachings of the Buddha.

Whilst I would not blame the religion directly in the cases of Religious-related-evil-acts, there is definitely a small degree of blame that is due to the existence of that religion with its framework and community.
Note the existence of religious organization and clergy has given opportunity to evil prone perverts to rape children, women and man plus committing other evils.

In the longer run, humanity should wean off all religions and religiosity with its inherent negative baggage.


As for 2b. Religion-inspired evil acts, I argue this is happening prevalently with SOME evil prone Muslims who are influenced and inspire by evil laden verses in the Quran [extended to Ahadith & Sira] to commit terrible evils and violence around the world.
One early clue is there are many evil prone who commit terrible evils and violence upon non-Muslims and other Muslims and justifying their acts as a duty of a Muslim with verses from the Quran.
When one research thoroughly into the Quran and Islam, one will understand the existence of evil laden verses in the Quran that influence and inspire SOME evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence around the world.

There are lots of evil laden elements within the Torah and Judaism and there are many cases of Jews who are inspired by these evil laden elements to kill and commit evil. Note the killing of homosexuals in the streets of Israel and the right wing claims for more of Palestinian land by relying on their holy texts. Humanity should address these evils but the fact is the amounts of evil committed by Jews are not a threatening as the Islamic-inspired-evils committed by Muslims almost on a daily basis, as represented by this rough counter; [29,310]

Image
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: Religious Terrorists

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:19 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:Don't be naive man. It's not about religion and all the grown ups know that.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25413
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Religious Terrorists

Postby Prismatic567 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:58 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:Don't be naive man. It's not about religion and all the grown ups know that.
I don't believe you have covered enough grounds to make the above statement.

Maybe you do?
Have you read the Quran, Ahadith, Sira?
If you have, how much, how deep, and wide on matters related to Islam.
I am hoping there is something I could learn from you [a more detailed and convincing argument] since you are so confident and I presume in contrast to my 'naiveness' you are very wise.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: Religious Terrorists

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:38 am

Reading those texts isn't what I would need to do. I would just need to know the extent to which people generally adhere to them and how closely they do.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25413
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Religious Terrorists

Postby James S Saint » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:39 pm

Prismatic567 wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:Don't be naive man. It's not about religion and all the grown ups know that.
I don't believe you have covered enough grounds to make the above statement.

You are wrong about that too.

Prismatic567 wrote:To deal with evils and violence it would be efficient to categories ALL evil acts as follows;

1. Non-religious, i.e. Secular related evil acts
2. Religious associated evil acts

I believe there are two categories of evil acts associated with religions [2], i.e.
2a. Religious related evil acts
2b. Religion-inspired evil acts.

2a would cover your "some people commit acts of terror and are also religious, but their religion isn't what motivates their acts of terror."
This was what happened with SOME Buddhists in Myanmar who went on a rampage to kill Rohingyas who were mainly Muslims. The other are Buddhists in Tibet, Hindus in India, Christians around the world, etc.
These evil prone Buddhists were never inspired by verses from the Buddhist Sutra and the teachings of the Buddha.

Whilst I would not blame the religion directly in the cases of Religious-related-evil-acts, there is definitely a small degree of blame that is due to the existence of that religion with its framework and community.
Note the existence of religious organization and clergy has given opportunity to evil prone perverts to rape children, women and man plus committing other evils.

In the longer run, humanity should wean off all religions and religiosity with its inherent negative baggage.

Typical presumptuous, non-sequitur, prejudice, overgeneralizing, racist reasoning:

"There are
1) black men
2) white men

Some black men kill people.
We should get rid of all black men."


If you have a complaint concerning the Quran, discuss the Quran, not the people.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Religious Terrorists

Postby Prismatic567 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:19 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:Don't be naive man. It's not about religion and all the grown ups know that.
Prismatic wrote:I don't believe you have covered enough grounds to make the above statement.

James S Saint wrote:You are wrong about that too.
What kind of nonsense is that?
To prove me wrong, all one need is to provide evidence and arguments that one has the necessary grounds.

Prismatic567 wrote:To deal with evils and violence it would be efficient to categories ALL evil acts as follows;

1. Non-religious, i.e. Secular related evil acts
2. Religious associated evil acts

I believe there are two categories of evil acts associated with religions [2], i.e.
2a. Religious related evil acts
2b. Religion-inspired evil acts.

2a would cover your "some people commit acts of terror and are also religious, but their religion isn't what motivates their acts of terror."
This was what happened with SOME Buddhists in Myanmar who went on a rampage to kill Rohingyas who were mainly Muslims. The other are Buddhists in Tibet, Hindus in India, Christians around the world, etc.
These evil prone Buddhists were never inspired by verses from the Buddhist Sutra and the teachings of the Buddha.

Whilst I would not blame the religion directly in the cases of Religious-related-evil-acts, there is definitely a small degree of blame that is due to the existence of that religion with its framework and community.
Note the existence of religious organization and clergy has given opportunity to evil prone perverts to rape children, women and man plus committing other evils.

In the longer run, humanity should wean off all religions and religiosity with its inherent negative baggage.

Typical presumptuous, non-sequitur, prejudice, overgeneralizing, racist reasoning:

"There are
1) black men
2) white men

Some black men kill people.
We should get rid of all black men."


Show me evidence I have arrived as such a hastily-generalized conclusion.

If you have a complaint concerning the Quran, discuss the Quran, not the people.
As usual you are posting very blindly.

Hey, did you read this point I wrote;
"In the longer run, humanity should wean off all religions and religiosity with its inherent negative baggage."

This is obviously referring to religion, i.e. Quran and not the people.
I have written many times, the primary cause in any religious related or inspired evils and violence is the religion not the people who are unfortunately born with active evil tendencies. If we need to consider the people that should be a secondary issue.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am


Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot]

cron