Religious Terrorists

This discussion cover terrorists who are religious and have been committing terror, evils and violence around the world.
How do we resolve such a problem.

Views?

Maybe some people commit acts of terror and are also religious, but their religion isn’t what motivates their acts of terror.

Most of the time, violence in the world happens because people want or need certain resources. A lot of times, the media will try and make it into a religious thing because that’s easier for the average dumbass to comprehend. But really…you have to realize that it’s kind of odd that it just so happens that the people we want to kill happen to be sitting on top of huge amounts of oil.

Don’t be naive man. It’s not about religion and all the grown ups know that.

To deal with evils and violence it would be efficient to categories ALL evil acts as follows;

1. Non-religious, i.e. Secular related evil acts
  2. Religious associated evil acts

I believe there are two categories of evil acts associated with religions [2], i.e.
2a. Religious related evil acts
2b. Religion-inspired evil acts.

2a would cover your “some people commit acts of terror and are also religious, but their religion isn’t what motivates their acts of terror.”
This was what happened with SOME Buddhists in Myanmar who went on a rampage to kill Rohingyas who were mainly Muslims. The other are Buddhists in Tibet, Hindus in India, Christians around the world, etc.
These evil prone Buddhists were never inspired by verses from the Buddhist Sutra and the teachings of the Buddha.

Whilst I would not blame the religion directly in the cases of Religious-related-evil-acts, there is definitely a small degree of blame that is due to the existence of that religion with its framework and community.
Note the existence of religious organization and clergy has given opportunity to evil prone perverts to rape children, women and man plus committing other evils.

In the longer run, humanity should wean off all religions and religiosity with its inherent negative baggage.

As for 2b. Religion-inspired evil acts, I argue this is happening prevalently with SOME evil prone Muslims who are influenced and inspire by evil laden verses in the Quran [extended to Ahadith & Sira] to commit terrible evils and violence around the world.
One early clue is there are many evil prone who commit terrible evils and violence upon non-Muslims and other Muslims and justifying their acts as a duty of a Muslim with verses from the Quran.
When one research thoroughly into the Quran and Islam, one will understand the existence of evil laden verses in the Quran that influence and inspire SOME evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence around the world.

There are lots of evil laden elements within the Torah and Judaism and there are many cases of Jews who are inspired by these evil laden elements to kill and commit evil. Note the killing of homosexuals in the streets of Israel and the right wing claims for more of Palestinian land by relying on their holy texts. Humanity should address these evils but the fact is the amounts of evil committed by Jews are not a threatening as the Islamic-inspired-evils committed by Muslims almost on a daily basis, as represented by this rough counter; [29,310]

I don’t believe you have covered enough grounds to make the above statement.

Maybe you do?
Have you read the Quran, Ahadith, Sira?
If you have, how much, how deep, and wide on matters related to Islam.
I am hoping there is something I could learn from you [a more detailed and convincing argument] since you are so confident and I presume in contrast to my ‘naiveness’ you are very wise.

Reading those texts isn’t what I would need to do. I would just need to know the extent to which people generally adhere to them and how closely they do.

You are wrong about that too.

Typical presumptuous, non-sequitur, prejudice, overgeneralizing, racist reasoning:

[i]"There are

1. black men
  2. white men

Some black men kill people.
We should get rid of all black men."[/i]

If you have a complaint concerning the Quran, discuss the Quran, not the people.

What kind of nonsense is that?
To prove me wrong, all one need is to provide evidence and arguments that one has the necessary grounds.

Show me evidence I have arrived as such a hastily-generalized conclusion.

As usual you are posting very blindly.

Hey, did you read this point I wrote;
“In the longer run, humanity should wean off all religions and religiosity with its inherent negative baggage.”

This is obviously referring to religion, i.e. Quran and not the people.
I have written many times, the primary cause in any religious related or inspired evils and violence is the religion not the people who are unfortunately born with active evil tendencies. If we need to consider the people that should be a secondary issue.