Catholic-Related-Evils?

Arising from this thread,
viewtopic.php?p=2632754#p2632754

Notes:
From one perspective, ALL evils in the world can be categorized as

[list]1. Secular Evils
2. Religion related evils.

For 2. Religion related evils, we can further analyze them into 2 categories, i.e.

2a - Religion Associated evils - by believers not by doctrines
2b - Religion Inspired evils - by the holy text and doctrines.

The most notable religion inspired evils are those Islam-inspired-evils when SOME evil prone Muslims are influenced by the doctrine from the Quran.

As for Catholicism the associated evil are not directly from the Gospels of Jesus. I classify them as religion-associated evils.[/list:u]

I believe Islamic-Inspired-Evils are more of a threat to humanity than Catholic-Related-Evil based on this one type of evil, [29,411] besides many other types of evils inspired by evil elements from the Quran and its other holy texts.

I understand the Catholic Church is heavily criticized. However in the absence of popular statistics like the above, I believe the threat by Catholic-Related-Evils is not that serious in comparison to Islamic-Inspired-Evils as evident above and reports elsewhere.

I admit I have not researched into the negatives attributable to Catholicism as they have not caught my attention.

Can anyone show me why the evils emanating from the Catholic-Church is a greater threat at present and future as compared to Islamic-Inspired-Evils?

I had predicted that your next diatribe was going to be about the Christians. And I suspect that the Jews are not on your list, despite the OT and activities since.

James, please don’t make it personal.

Yeah, this “research” thing with you, that you think your doing, your not exactly pulling it off in any of your endeavors. Medieval witch trials had a better grasp on fact checking and testing the validity of hypothesis. Your not a historian in any sense of the word, just a shameful Canadian bigot pushing mindless hate on broken facts. You really just need to study for a few years the methodology available in historycraft before you start asserting your blunders as fact. Nobody who knows anything about good history will take you seriously, ever.

Turd Ferguson has received a board warning for this post.

A note to any students in school, or historians. I was falsely banned by Carleas, who is acting highly irrationally. If you use anything from Prismatic, or certainly if you source it, you’ll get a F and will be ridiculed by your peers. I have given a more in depth explanation here, if Carleas doesn’t hide it, he doesn’t take criticism very well.

viewtopic.php?f=7&p=2633493#p2633493

Historians take the view that “all people if thus religion or country are evil or good” as very bad history making. We have a long history in developing the principled ideas of the Philosophy of History, and are very quick to weed out charlatans like Prismatic, usually more vocally than I bother to do. We have a process called “Peer Review” developed by Descartes, a important western philosopher. Prismatic has refused thus process, preferring to degnigrate any criticism and manipulate people offering it.

I encourage anyone to look up the history of Islamic philosophers as well as Catholic philosophers. You’ll find that, as with any other great people they have the diversity of good and bad writers, but we must not loose site of the good. Obviously, you should try to balance both kinds of thinkers out in the balance of a people. You should see how they pursued Ethics, how they dealt with brutal excesses of opinion. Canon law dumps a great many excesses, and in Islam, Fat was don’t have binding force anymore than the legal advice of a paid lawyer, they are experts, but fallible, and not the law themselves, they can get it wrong. Muslims were touched by greet philosophy just as much as Christians and Jews we’re, and share more in common.

This is a religious section of the website. Prismatic has announced himself as a atheist. He isnt deserving there for of the protections we offer to religious writers here, as he is writing in the topic of history and ethics, NOT religious thought.

Some Muslims are undoubtedly evil, recommend if your doing a school project, look up ISIS. However, I also recommend you look up the Muslim thinkers like Gulen or Rumi, or how Islam invented Sociology and Comparative religion, or the scope of destruction Islam actually had attributable to it, compared to Social Nationalism or Communism for Atheists, British Empire and French Empire, or the Lord’s Liberation Army for Christianity. Prismatic is wild in his assertions, flees any criticism or call to responsible and reasoned thinking. It’s our ethical responsibility to call this out and let Prismatic know there is no place for such clear bigotry in modern historical writings, and that it is the duty of every philosopher to denounce and resist this trend.

When Muslims do something twisted, denounce it, by all means. Don’t accuse every Muslim of being responsible for things they possibly can’t know about or realize has been once said in remote time.

As for Catholics, we’ve long since learned methods for dealing with these negative drives to pogroms.

I encourage everyone to look up good theorists on the craft of writing history. Tonybee, Vico, Ibn Khaldun, Cottonwood, and learn to think critically. I don’t want anyone making the terrible mistake off following bigots blindly because no one had the courage to denounce them. I will likely be banned for speaking truth and honoring justice here, given the rapid decay of this site, but I encourage everyone else reviewing these posts of prismatic in the future to take a critical eye to him, and font be afraid to point out flaws in his approach. We would still be a very cruel and barbaric people if we never learned to think critically of ourselves and others, in pursuit of a higher standard of the truth. Don’t be cowers, it isn’t the place of a philosopher to bow to malicious and ignorant discontent, when a greater evil would be perpetuated. Only two evils exist in thus case, Prismatic’s attacks against billions for being evil- how could anyone within reason state this, neither Catholicism nir Islam makes such foolish, bold statements about all men, leaving judgment to God. The other evil is the moderator evil in repressing forum members from pointing out his extreme, excessive bigotry. It encourages hate against the clearer voice of reason. It isn’t their place to molest philosophy, but to encourage philosophy. In thus thread, Carleas gas given a clear example to the worst traits of authority. Whatever happens as a result, I ask you all to remain critical in your approach to reading, consider what bias is in relation to reasoning, and do the better research, and denounce such fools as Prismatic. We can’t let society become dominated by them as the Weirmar Republic was by Anti-Semitism. It isn’t good to disregard any human on such a shallow, all encompassing basis, where all are equally guilty and complicit for statements stated in remote, forgotten times. This isn’t the case for any living people today. It us absurd to make these accusations.