This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does no

This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
DL

How golden is the rule if such a being as God hits the point where he feels the necessity to break It?

Why do you assume that breaking it makes you evil?

Why do you assume it to be so easy to Cure? Just because he can make it look easy, or easier in some than in Others? Do you attribute deaths of some to him in fallibility as he works in them the same as in others and is fought off, or has never worked in some, relying on faith in the abilities of others who can not rise to a task.

And what then are you doing but expecting too god damn much.

I do not think I am expecting too much when thinking that one who develops a law should be able to live by it, and if he cannot, then he should not offer punishment to those who, like God, cannot live by that rule.

God having a double standard of morality, one for him and a different one for us would be quite immoral and evil.

Regards
DL

Again, I do not assume but am looking at the view that theists say that their God is all powerful, and that would mean he has the power to either kill or cure the afflicted.

I do agree that any talk of biblical and Godly things are speculative and mostly nonsense.

Regards
DL

While I do not follow a god or religion, it does seem to me that a god can do what we should not. Would you hand a loaded gun to a preschooler? How about a bottle of whiskey or a car? We know things children do not. We have rules that they do not. They have rules that we do not. So why would a god have to follow our rules?? That is like saying because a kid cannot handle adult equipment, adults should not have them either.

Those that never follow laws hunt and trick and trap people into breaking the black and white version of the law. Like superman and zod. Zod made him kill him. Made it necessary. Some would take that as proof that laws are fallible entirely rather than see the necessity of it to preserve goodness.

There are those that would do whatever it took to do whatever they want and claim to allow everyone else to do the same, but woukd systematically move themselves into a position to rule over everyone else, putting in place their own whimsical rules and laws that they fully intend to break.

This is the irrationality of their thinking. They question so much and see so many different answers and hate the situational nuances of it all that they force good into a stalemate of making simple binding laws because to describe the mass vastness of it all per individual and situation is impossible. They know to a vast degree a right and wrong but force good to be criminals for it, too.

And what can you do about those things exercising their free will, their freedom to hide, to cause mass disturbances, to conquer and rule and force good to break every single rule they ever made and be forced to learn what it means to be good and evil as good forces them to break every single rule they ever made in the same breath, knowing and noting that they have their system, too, and that it vastly mocks and Mimics good and knows good so much better than most good people.

It’s tired of winning. Put that in perspective for yourself.

The Golden Rule is not our rule. To Christians, it is God’s rule.

God is thus not living by his own laws and if we are to emulate him, then we also should ignore the Golden Rule and the laws we create.

Regards
DL

Ok.

Regards
DL

Not all Christians. The majority see it as a rule set by their God for them not for anyone else especially as god is the parental figure, it would naturally have its own rules for itself and others. The golden rule was given to the Jewish that fled Egypt. The god claimed them as its own. Rules for parent or owner will be different from child or slave.

Scriptures say that the rules below are to be the same as the rules above.
Or God is to bring his rules and apply them to us next time he shows up.

A leader does not make rules just for the ruled. He, if moral, will also live by his own laws.

Regards
DL

Show me the scripture not taken out of context and in the Old Testament. You cannot take a verse and declare it the whole. Your kids live in your house, are they going to follow the same rules as you? A leader is not a parent and God is looked upon as a parental figure.

This is so typical when people bash God/Religion. Build up the weakest straw man you can think of, tear it up, and then claim victory.

God is not a personality floating around in the sky judging people. God is whatever the most fundamental pattern of the cosmos is. God is the way, the force, the law that everything must abide by because that’s just the way it IS.

When we act in ways that are not in accordance with the fundamental laws of existence, we suffer for it. If we get drunk, we’ll have a hang over. If we fall off of a ten story building, we die. None of this is “Gods” fault. We have the choice to see things as clearly as we can and act as best as we can. If we choose to close our eyes and act out of blindness, then we’ll trip over our own feet.

Just because some people have a lousy view of what God is doesn’t mean that’s how God actually is. God simply IS. Causation IS. And that’s THAT.

And that is your belief, nothing wrong with it but, it is a belief.

Very well said. =D>

Not very well said

Some do for sure but they also ignore that God murdered Adam & Eve by neglect and locking away what would have kept them alive. The tree of life.

The end game of scriptures is that God will return and rule us with his rules and make those rules our own. If you want bible quotes, here are a few.

google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=Hb_ … +my+people

If God cannot make his laws age related then he is not much of a law writer.

Regards
DL

The issue was the bible God, not the God you have created in your own mind.

Regards
DL

I agree.

Regards
DL

Adam and Eve went against what they were told. God said leave it alone, they disobeyed and so were booted out but, not deserted. Your kids disobey you in a major way would just say “Bad child, bad” or would you take more action?
The one thing they were told not to eat and they did. Sounds like it needed a punishment to me and time to teach about life. Which is what happened. Hell dude they lived hundreds of years, we are the screwed ones :wink:

I did not ask for quotes, I asked for the particular scripture,that you brought up, and to not take it out of context. Old Testament is closest to original next to Jewish works.

The person that must or follows the laws does not necessarily need to know why. Your toddlers can’t grasp why they must follow law, they just do as you tell them. Pretty certain if this God does exist, it may have valid teaching reasons, not ego related. This would be a shit load of time and work just to have one planet for ego. An egotistical god would have produced more life in this system.

Golden rule is turn thy cheeks

If it’s a hot dominatrix, I’ll obey it