Soul Debate.

In here I will try to argue the existence of souls, people shall try to argue me down.

1. Souls exist because of cultural genius. All men are mechanics, whereas 500 years ago only Leonardo Da Vinci could do it. Now everyone is the same as Leonardo Da Vinci. This refers to a soul evolution, not just memetic evolution, because back then, people knew of catapults, still weren’t DaVinci. Nowadays, even violent men desire world peace, due to their soulular evolution.
  2. Souls exist because of feminization. Feminine souls entering the wrong bodies, spiritual mismatchups.
  3. Souls exist because of the interactions between Lord of fluids (only higher minds know what I’m talking about.)
  4. Souls exist because of NDE’s (near death experiences.)
  5. Souls exist because systems cannot be conscious of themself, there must be an other watching them.
  6. Souls exist due to temporal interactions in the brain, the brain to only be conscious of certain parts of itself and is conscious of itself in present past and future.
  7. Souls exist because qualia is an information set outside of materialism.
  8. The paradox of qualias, is that if there are multiple qualias, instead of just One qualia reincarnating as hundreds of bodies, if there are multiple qualias that is a paradox implying non-existent information sets that exist.
  9. Souls exist because psychic powers exist.

You forgot the part about the twenty one grams: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_(doctor

On the other hand, if someone were actually able to produce this soul [their own for example], the whole argument might be considerably more persuasive.

Humanity has primitive technology, we cannot selectively disable neurons yet. What we can do with this technology, when it comes out, is disable neurons corresponding to certain areas, and if the type of phenomenon and qualia professed by the subject still appears when there is no corresponding material generating it’s presence, it means there is phenomenon correlating to no material presence.

Well, when that technology finally comes out, we shall see. In the interim, the human soul becomes pretty much what any particular one of us claims to believe that it is.

In fact, that’s true of lots of claims here.

And not just from the Kids. :wink:

Mathematically, the brain is not the mind.
F(brain)=mind.
What is F? The soul.

People know we have a soul deep in their bones.

It’s like, I say to them use the DNA machine, DNA machine will save society. They say, “What’s in it for me?” I tell them DNA machine will make them wealthy beyond their wildest dreams. They say “How will DNA machine make me wealthy beyond my wildest dreams?” I tell them this, “DNA machine will turn your brain and your body into the mind of a CEO.”

Deep in their bones, they know that even if they had the brain and body of a CEO, it will not help, because they are spiritually not motivated to be rich. This proves the soul.

It’s like, if I turn a homosexual into a straight dude, and masculinize his brain, he will still deep down need the D, because his soul is homo. Only thing that can stop homosexuality is this song. youtube.com/watch?v=UoMgS04Umt0
It has a side effect of Autism though.

Only one of those that could possibly be evidence for the soul is number 9
But first you would have to actually prove the existence of psychic powers

Number 9 is the weakest proof actually, psychic powers could be possible with neurons detecting aether or magnetic fields. Upgrade your logic to the highest level

I would rule out number 4 because that can be explained by neuroscience. And number 1 and 2 have nothing to
do with souls. But number 5 is interesting although as with number 9 some proof or evidence would be required