My morning question.

I woke up this morning with this question on my mind …

menace … verb

“threaten, especially in a malignant or hostile manner.”

If true the next phase would logically be the “unwind” phase … two images come to mind.

1. An elastic wound up real tight and suddenly released.

2. A balloon inflated to the maximum and suddenly released.

May not be a ‘pretty’ phase … perhaps this phase has already started … lots of stuff happening that point to such a reality.

tom wrote

Stuff in regards to the menace?

If the “menace” is waning … stuff in regard to the menace will wane as well … if the phase I labelled “unwind” is starting … stuff in regard to the “unwind” phase is starting … perhaps we are in “liminal space” … the “in between”.

Wendy … if I understand the main theme of your posts correctly … using the balloon metaphor … mankind is continuing to inflate the balloon … at some point the balloon will burst/explode.

I’m suggesting the balloon is approaching bursting point … if you take your fingers that are holding the air inside the balloon off suddenly the balloon will fly in an unusual pattern all over the room … the “unwind”.

Some may view US politics for the past year “unusual”.

Wikipedia

How it Works

How it works[edit]

The menace is manifested in:

1. Out of control individual and sovereign debt.

2. Creation of false perpetual growth … GDP

3. Perpetual war and hostility among nations.

4. Exploding technologies that are rapidly reshaping individual behaviour, thought patterns, relationships and so on.

5. Disintegrating sense of spirituality.

The “unwind” is manifested in:

1. Rapid and unpredictable changes in the politics, economics, social fabric and so on within a nation.

2. Rapid and unpredictable changes in geopolitics, geo-economics, geo-social and so on within the world.

3. (Insert here)

4. (Insert here)

5. (Insert here)

I woke up this morning and it was raining outside. Was it going to rain all day?

Yes… it was.

Pandora … thanks for the post … seems you belong to the philosopher’s guild … those philosophers who spend an enormous amount of energy and time examining … ad infinitum … such a small piece of the pie.

The Pilgrim

BY JOHN BUNYAN
Who would true Valour see
Let him come hither;
One here will Constant be,
Come Wind, come Weather.
There’s no Discouragement,
Shall make him once Relent,
His first avow’d Intent,
To be a Pilgrim.

Who so beset him round,
With dismal Storys,