Chinese is the Language of God

Chinese is the language of God … fact? … or … fiction?

noahs-ark.tv/chinese/bible-e … enesis.htm

I tried to translate “garden” into Chinese and I didn’t get the character in the picture with google translate nor another site.

So what should I think? :-k

Phyllo … I’m tickled pink that you took some time to poke around. Thank you!!

I posed your question to my Chinese wife … and I tried … though perhaps I failed … to remain unbiased.

I should also explain that my wife and I have developed a new language … Chinglis :slight_smile: … her English is limited.

Here’s what she told me … the character … in modern Chinese … which may not correlate 100% with ancient Chinese … yet would be expected to have some overlap.

The character is translated as “land” … land where something can be grown … eg vegetables.

Not exactly synonymous with the image of the Garden of Eden in the Western Psyche … yet ???

So that link translates the word “garden” in a misleading or outright dishonest way.

How many of the other translations are ‘questionable’? :-k

How many people who read it will just accept it as true without checking into it at all?

The internet and the media keep spreading that kind of stuff. :imp:

This is why you have monks and scholars educated in what is meant. Once you have a good English translation simple issues like this are no more, and then you can get onto the deeper more important issues of meaning I.e. those aside from translation issues.

As to the language of God, well they all say that don’t they. My guess is that God nor divinity et al, wont be speaking in any particular language. At least I’ve never read or heard anyone saying that they had a vision but it was in a different language so they didn’t understand it.

The thing is that such things are interpreted in the individuals mind, so they will naturally be in the language they think in.

This too is the language of God.

不要动

不要动

BE STILL!

Exactly! God speaks in the language of existence, of being. Everything he speaks is necessarily true.

God doesn’t “speak”, but rather displays.

Well, when you get right down to it, he creates; but creation to me is a language.

Word of mouth, the Danish Unking visiting China.

"

Hi Jimmy, :mrgreen:

Does art "speak to you?

Hi gib,

Don’t you think, gib, that there is the possibility that that way of thinking can lead to a very slippery slope?

1 Corinthians 2:16 ►
“Who has known the mind of the Lord…”

We silly humans have a way of attributing and equating our thoughts/beliefs/feelings with those of a god.
These projections create God into our own image and likeness.

All you need to do is to look around you and what is happening in the world. If what you say IS true, then the God of the Jews and the christians is a very fickle god, indeed.

Arc, this comes from a theory of mine. You know I have a theory of consciousness, right? I believe we’ve talked about it at length several times before.

My theory is a theory of substance. I reject Descartes and his theory of dualism (mind is one substance, matter is another), I reject Berkeley and his theory of monism (all is mind), and I put in their place a whole new theory of substance.

The fundamental substance of the universe is:

1. quality
  2. being
  3. meaning

It’s these 3 elements rolled into one thing, one substance. And this is also the formula for subjective experience (i.e. consciousness). You can’t have meaning without the apprehension of meaning, you can’t have quality unless there is the perception of that quality. And being–we can only be acquainted with being by experience. ← So what else is being to us than what we experience?

Anyway, it’s #3 by which I can say that God speaks in the language of existence, of being. #3 says that everything is information at base. The universe is an ongoing exchange of information between God and himself, an ongoing dialog the contents of which sustain existence. But unlike humans who speak in symbols (oral, written, etc.), God speaks using this very substance which I’m defining (and this is only possible because it is, at base, information). He speaks with being. ← Therefore, whatever is said has to be true.

And yes, all this is just theory. Who am I to claim to know the mind of God? But if I’m right, then I’ve got a little sample of God within me. So do you. So does everyone. Why can’t we extrapolate on the nature of God using what we know about ourselves?