Feast Day "Our Lady of the Rosary"

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Feast Day "Our Lady of the Rosary"

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:45 am

Few people are aware of the genesis of the Feast Day ... "Our Lady of the Rosary".

It is the fruit of a Clash of Civilizations ... West vs East ... the Battle of Lepanto fought off the shores of Greece. Some argue it triggered a seismic shift in the flow of history ... leading to the world we know today.

Begs the question ... are we witnessing the same Clash of Civilizations today? ... Will the outcome be the same? ... a seismic shift in the flow of human history?
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Re: Feast Day "Our Lady of the Rosary"

Postby MagsJ » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:30 pm

These cultural 'shifts' have happened periodically throughout history, and yes.. I do also feel it is happening again.

Knowledge is power.. even if we have to buy or steal it.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Re: Feast Day "Our Lady of the Rosary"

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:21 am

These cultural 'shifts' have happened periodically throughout history, and yes.. I do also feel it is happening again.

Agreed ... the generation of people who witness a seismic shift have no idea how long such shift was in gestation ... nor any knowledge of underlying connections between these seismic shifts across time and space.

Knowledge is power.. even if we have to buy or steal it.

Reminds me of a few words I heard many years ago ... knowledge is power until someone else learns it ... at which point your perceived power is !@#$%^.
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Return to Religion and Spirituality