Do we need to understand the numbers to know or be able to do anything useful, helpful?

It’s in the Bible.

\m/ \m/ =D> =D> =D>

WHAT WE WATCH AND LISTEN TO!?!?!?

Dont yell at me.
I already told you ignorant that 666 is in the Bible.

I was told that the ancient Hebrews used the same symbols for both their alphabet and their number system. 666 is a word, the name of the beast. It could be something like Bob.

Hey I tried it, it’s true. The sum of all numbers up to 36 is 666, which is cool because 36 is 6 x 6.

Maybe Satan is our friend.

666 is man claiming to be god because 6 is one less than perfect 7 and 3 is the trinity, so three sixes = a claim of being god.

I here answer my own question. Numbers are the real archetypes.

I recall, from Theological Studies, that 666 was the ‘mark’ of the beast… the piece on it in the bible is scary stuff for a teen to be reading. :open_mouth:

Pretty weird shit yeah haha

I just read it

“11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.”

But check this out:

“18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.”

It says you need to calculate it, which I guess Destiny did, and it says it is the number of man.
Now unless you’re a pound me too member thats a good thing.

My phosphorus is lacking :-k

3 helium nuclei are pressed together to make carbon. Helium is made by the fusion of hydrogen. So, three twos makes carbon. 2x3 = 2+2+2 = carbon

4 helium nuclei makes oxygen. 2^3 = 2x2x2 = oxygen.

I don’t know what it means lol

Lucid.

Elucidate.

All beasts are carnal and having the mark of it is following the ways of the flesh rather than the way of god.

666 is man claiming to be god through his knowledge of the world. It’s the metaphorical building of a tower of Babel to heaven.

Lucifer is god of this world. It was given to Adam, but he fell from grace and apparently Lucifer took ownership.

They get that from Job 1:

[i]6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.[/i]

Some posit that there are other worlds with representatives. Satan represented this world at the meeting with the Lord.

A response to your post coming soon, Serendipper…

Maybe he was afraid of getting converted too.

The draft for my reply is still in my drafts folder, from way back then… January the 3rd, but Serendipper left the ILP building… along with a few others, for Philosophy-pastures new.

If I reply, perhaps he will come (back).

An aversion to conversion. perhaps. Shall we test that out? :smiley:

Did the approaching of Halloween draw you back to this thread? That chapter in the bible on the meaning behind 666 sent chills down our spines, when we read it at school… to declare that it should only ever be read once, so never to be read again… perhaps my mind doesn’t want to revisit that moment/go back there. :open_mouth:

You could try that :character-jestercolor:

Actually I had to go cut trees, but didn’t quite make a pasture. :character-jason:

I figured I’d be MIA only a week, but then once time was under my belt I decided just to take my normal summertime vacation from forum activity, which became exaggerated due to the primaries. And I tend to practice procrastination perhaps a little too diligently. :stuck_out_tongue:

So what’s new? Heard you guys got out of the EU… or something.

You gotta do, what you gotta do… I’ve been (enforced) procrastinating for the last few years, so trying to get off that bandwagon and onto the productivity train.

We have finally gotten divorced from the EU, but I heard that they’re looking for a massive divorce bill settlement, to fill the huge deficit left by our departure.

Anyway… thanks for the reply, as one had now become the furthest thing from my mind, due to the length of time passed. What was the original question again? :-s

:smiley:

wut