Who is the Ubermensch (Nietzsche's Superman)?

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Who is the Ubermensch (Nietzsche's Superman)?

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:37 pm

promethean75 wrote:
I find it tends to be much more accurate to couch such trends in scientific theory than to accuse sickness and corruption. Are pair-bonding, pseudo-kinship cooperative strategies necessarily a degeneration? Nietzsche would class such a thing as "décadence" and the emergence of "the Last Man" or Untermensch.

but he'd also admit that a degree of baseness and mediocrity is necessary to sustain a civilization, so such instructions are not meant to be prescriptive for everyone. had he the scientific knowledge we now have in modern evolutionary biology, he'd probably not object to this relatively new evolutionarily stable strategy as being an indication of degeneracy. and there again, he'd not judge one kind of morality by the standards of the other. so the 'last man' contra 'ubermench' debate should be about dividing those who recognize and accept what is necessary in evolutionary process, and those who simply are that evolutionary process (material to be worked on).

today, the classification of the 'last man' is reversed; those perennial conservatives and romantic sentimentalists who are afraid to allow evolution to take risks, to experiment, to move freely and unhindered by history. in short, those who hold on to 'old ideals'... these are the last men. formerly, though, these types were the ubermenschen; once upon a time the great risk and experiment was to attempt to establish a foundation for conservative values among a wanton and disorganized society (e.g., the origination of the monogamous family unit for the purposes of passing on wealth through inheritance [engels]). another example... 20th century german ideology... well fascism in general, this was the last great expression of the ubermensch. and with this failed attempt also died any notion that would justify the authority and privilege of a ruling class over the masses. in other words, there are no more noble and spiritually evolved ubermenschen above and beyond the majority that act to give society direction, goals and substance... something that was possible only while countries were economically and culturally isolated (the 20th century pre-globalism stage).

only the bourgeois exist now, a gross embarrassment to the concept of the ubermensch. in turn, the concept of the last man has lost its certainty and become just as obscure. today, most who'd like to think of themselves as ubermensch are in fact just rogue last men, so to speak, who believe they stand above the mediocre simply because of their purposeful disassociation with them.

to be the ubermensch today would require someone to be so radical, so unique, of such an exceptional nature as to not possibly be mistaken as neither a version of all the former failed attempts at it, or its current farcical incarnation as the bourgeois, that it would almost be incommunicable and unidentifiable by ordinary eyes. only the ubermensch can know the ubermensch... and when talking of the ubermensch, speak only to the ubermensch.

yes, may i speak to the ubermensch, please? hello?

fuck i musta dialed the wrong number.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=195039#p2732819

The above post by promethean75 (taken from the thread "Erasing The Perceived Difference Of Identity" - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=195039 ) makes Me wonder who the best, most prime, elite, and exalted example of an individual from historic achievement we can take to personify the Ubermensch ideal set out in Nietzsche's Zarathustra.

Is he (or she) indomitable, valiant, holy, and wise? Besides those qualities, what are other virtues that we should be looking for in such a man set apart from all the rest in his council, understanding, heart, and soul?
RaptorWizard ~ The Gale Force Tyranny Cosmos viewtopic.php?f=10&t=195061
RaptorWizard - Secret Garden of Rare Quotes viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194124
I'm Lugia in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, the Ultimate Weapon, the Star Forge Lugia firing AeroBlasts, surging with SuperHolographic Propylon antechamber Polarities, and the SuperUnknown mysteries of the Ruins of Alph in Pokemon Crystal. I'm the Final Annihilator. The door to My Heart was closed in 2002, but as Eldes in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, I return from Pokemon Crystal Elite 4 as Will, Me as a kid/Jason Kidd in 1993-2002, til Fall 3rd Grade. Misdreavus came for My Soul in 2002, revealing I'm Lugia. Wartortle wisdom with age turns Me from fool Meganium, to wise Lugia. Banette ghost doll makes Me Red with Pikachu, Sabrina. I beat Gold on the Victory Road Rainbow bridge to Infinity in Mt Silver as RaptorWizard/Tyranitar/Tyronn Lue. Lugia's Virtues are My chest Diamond.
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Re: Who is the Ubermensch (Nietzsche's Superman)?

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:47 pm

this is an exclusive conversation that not just anybody can have. before i open the door and let you in... what's the password?
promethean75
Philosopher

Re: Who is the Ubermensch (Nietzsche's Superman)?

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:17 pm

Exuberant Teleportation wrote:
Jakob wrote:Did they really Terminate Marx though?

"Who is the Ubermensch (Nietzsche's Superman)?"

Trixie asks.

Nietzsche would have us think of Napoleon, Caesar, Alexander, primarily.

Of these, Gaius Julius Caesar is the most solid, because of the tricks he pulled. He was, as the Superman is supposed to be, entirely beyond good and evil and able to deify his own interests and make the whole world attribute and appendix of his will.

Alexander the Great was radically a mammas boy - he was almost "poisoned into power" by her crooning his supposed divinity. And then he made a triviality out of Aristotle.

Napoleon Bonaparte unfolded as a Superman on horseback. His presence was so electrifying and his valuing so sweeping that he was able to make endless legions of men eager to meet their destinies.

Adolf Hitler has been named by eager nazis as the fourth in this series, but well, he lost, and that is not very Supermanly. It is easy to see other reasons for his disqualification.

The whole logos of the Superman is to be the purpose of existence. To be such a person worthy of being interpreted as the aim of billions of years of evolution. Whether or not these men I mentioned live up to that standard for you is the ultimate issue. Who can be said to be the triumphant product of all of evolution so far? If you have an answer to that, that is your Superman.

So these inconquerable, mighty, supreme victors and arbiters over the battlefield show the courage and bravery that such an esteemed, hero of old should demonstrate to qualify as godly or uber like. The aim is of course to grow in stature from the clays of primitive earth, to the towering canopy of the jungle, brilliant, and everlasting in valor.

So the key is to be the ultimate overseer of the strategic and mobilizing chessboard - where is the Love, the mania of the Ubermensch. In essence, where is the Power of Forever that catapults Nietzsche to romantic vistas of everlasting pleasure and golden twilight?
RaptorWizard ~ The Gale Force Tyranny Cosmos viewtopic.php?f=10&t=195061
RaptorWizard - Secret Garden of Rare Quotes viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194124
I'm Lugia in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, the Ultimate Weapon, the Star Forge Lugia firing AeroBlasts, surging with SuperHolographic Propylon antechamber Polarities, and the SuperUnknown mysteries of the Ruins of Alph in Pokemon Crystal. I'm the Final Annihilator. The door to My Heart was closed in 2002, but as Eldes in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, I return from Pokemon Crystal Elite 4 as Will, Me as a kid/Jason Kidd in 1993-2002, til Fall 3rd Grade. Misdreavus came for My Soul in 2002, revealing I'm Lugia. Wartortle wisdom with age turns Me from fool Meganium, to wise Lugia. Banette ghost doll makes Me Red with Pikachu, Sabrina. I beat Gold on the Victory Road Rainbow bridge to Infinity in Mt Silver as RaptorWizard/Tyranitar/Tyronn Lue. Lugia's Virtues are My chest Diamond.
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Return to Religion and Spirituality