Iambiguous won - Im out.

Foe a person and report the offending post in future please.

Magsj, just take an hour and scroll through his posts. He’s been copying and pasting the same shit for a year at least and the only apparent purposes it serves are to disrupt threads and irritate everyone. Look for examples of people saying things like, “this isn’t about your dasein thing”, or “we would like to stay on topic”, or “maybe you could start another thread to discuss dasein”. He doesn’t give a shit. It’s not the fact that he’s got some intellectual contraption that people can’t deal with, it’s that each and every member has dealt with it and he just pretends that he can’t read and starts over from the beginning again. He has horrible manners, nothing to say, disrupts conversations about any and everything, stalks certain users with the intent to derail any conversation that they may participate in and is generally unintelligent and rude.

Just my 2 cents.

Conflicting goods !

That’s iambs neurosis …

What iamb is trying to do is please everyone by stating everything is good …

But then, via conflicting goods, the statement; not everything is a conflicting good, is good, and thus, contradiction occurs…

For example… If you conflict with conflict … It nullifies conflict, and renders dasein a moot point…

Iamb has never dared debate me on this,

I offer that to iamb. To debate me.

Why on earth should I [would I] sing a different tune when, philosophically, my interests have come to revolve around the relationship between…

1] identity [dasein]
2] value judgments [conflicting goods]
3] power [political economy]

…as this relates to the question, “how ought one to live?”

In other words, being entangled as I am in my dilemma, I have come to spend a lot of time thinking about this. And I have managed to chisel my thoughts down to particular arguments. These “Groots” as zinnat called them, succinctly express those things that are now most important to me. Why in the world would I then waste time trying to express them in different words? They already work effectively [for me] now in expressing my understanding of human interactions that come into conflict.

Instead, I am far more interested in exploring the moral narratives/political agendas of those who not entangled in any dilemma when their own values are challenged by others.

After all, if there is any possibility of yanking myself up out of it, it will come about in exchanges of this sort.

Right?

So, how about you?

Indeed.

If someone here is not impressed with my contributions to ILP, they can just foe me. After all, to the best of my knowledge no one is actually required to read my numbingly repetitive posts.

Or, if any particular post offends a member, they can report it and a moderator can bring it to my attention.

Or, sure, as with Fixed Cross you can opt to move on.

Then eventually there will be no one here but the Kids. :wink:

That’s a bit of deflection iamb,

People certainly question your values…

Perhaps then, you should be interested in yourself as well…

The only sentence I like in the entire bible…

Take the plank out of your eye before you criticize me for my splinter…

I can only suggest that this exposes far more about you than it does about me.

So, that’s what I’ll do, suggest it.

And let others decide for themselves.

Mr reasonable has perfectly accurate perception here…

Iamb…

I’m actually not interested in debating you to win, but to clarify…

My intuition, is that once you are clarified, you’ll feel like a troll for discussing it AGAIN…

And that scares you

Okay, choose a moral/political conflagration that we are all familiar with.

Note the manner in which your own values are reflected in a particular point of view. Then note the manner in which your values are not the embodiment of dasein. Or note the manner in which philosophically you are able to transcend dasein.

Then with respect to my dilemma…

If I am always of the opinion that 1] my own values are rooted in dasein and 2] that there are no objective values “I” can reach, then every time I make one particular moral/political leap, I am admitting that I might have gone in the other direction…or that I might just as well have gone in the other direction. Then “I” begins to fracture and fragment to the point there is nothing able to actually keep it all together. At least not with respect to choosing sides morally and politically.

…note how, when your own point of view is challenged by another, you are not entangled in it yourself.

I’m very familiar with this idea…

We could have been born with any desire …

And if desire is merely lottery…

Than there is no reason to hold ours up above others…

I think you should take this into debate with it’s own thread…

Neither of us will be satisfied having it buried here!

That’s an official challenge!

Its own thread? Fine.

Create one, okay?

Then…

1] choose the issue
2] note your own moral/political narrative in regard to it
3] note instances in which others challenged your narrative
4] note the manner in which you were able to convey that your own values reflected that which all reasonable men and women are obligated to share
5] note how you were able to transcend my dilemma in accomplishing this

Indeed, this task/challenge is open to any others reading this in turn.

I like that you set that out so succinctly…

I have no animosity towards you btw…

I was thinking debate forum…

But since we are merely trying to clarify …

I’ll do it in philosophy forum

It’s an unfortunate ingredient of dasein that some people should leave that to other people, less likely to become so confused and confounded by the effort.

No matter how many times you try to explain the TV to your dog, you are likely to get the same response.

Of course the problem with this observation, James, is that you are never really willing to bring your own assessment out into the world that we live in.

How specifically am I confused about dasein? And how have those who are more proficient in capturing it technically/philosophically been able to encompass it more fully?

How do you encompass it in your own TOE: RM/AO.

And how is all of this relatated to your understanding of the Real God — as this pertains to human interactions that come into conflict over particular moral and political values.

After all, I am the first to admit that dasein as I have come to understand it “here and now” is largely an “intellectual contraption” that I have come to believe “in my head”. All I can do then is to try to demonstrate its relevance by situating it “out in the world” in an actual existential trajectory like this:

1] I was raised in the belly of the working class beast. My family/community were very conservative. Abortion was a sin.
2] I was drafted into the Army and while on my “tour of duty” in Vietnam I happened upon politically radical folks who reconfigured my thinking about abortion. And God and lots of other things.
3] after I left the Army, I enrolled in college and became further involved in left wing politics. It was all the rage back then. I became a feminist. I married a feminist. I wholeheartedly embraced a woman’s right to choose.
4] then came the calamity with Mary and John. I loved them both but their engagement was foundering on the rocks that was Mary’s choice to abort their unborn baby.
5] back and forth we all went. I supported Mary but I could understand the points that John was making. I could understand the arguments being made on both sides. John was right from his side and Mary was right from hers.
6] I read William Barrett’s Irrational Man and came upon his conjectures regarding “rival goods”.
7] Then, over time, I abandoned an objectivist frame of mind that revolved around Marxism/feminism. Instead, I became more and more embedded in existentialism. And then as more years passed I became an advocate for moral nihilism.

Now, you and the other objectivists here will either go there or you won’t.

So, what are you going to do, James? Are you going to pursue this with me here; or, perhaps, on a new thread? Or, as has been your wont of late, are you just “popping into” a thread that I participate in, making a “retort” and then just moving on to something else?

Like I said … “The exact same response”.

Like I said, “the exact same lack of response”.

Look, my friend, if you are not embarrassed avoiding the points that I raise, I am not embarrassed pointing it out. :wink:

K: let me be the first to say… CUTE DOG…

Kropotkin

HA!

I was thinking same. Is he/she your dog James?

I only keep two legged pets.
:wink:

What do you do with the other two legs? Sell them as Lucky Rabbits Feet?