Why is my Problem of Evil thread in The Rant House?

I know it’s been there quite a long time but I just now remembered to ask… why? Is there any good reason why a serious thread like that, with so many replies, is in The Rant House?

Is it because it gained too many too long replies too fast and I’ve heard that the moderator of the religious section has been inactive so it’s been moved there just out of laziness so mods wouldn’t have to keep up with the content? I know it’s a silly question to ask since you’d probably never really admit that’s the case, but I think it’s a possibility…

With its 562 replies it would be among top 10 threads in the religious subforum according to replies, it’s also the youngest in the top 10 (2014). I think that it’s plainly obvious to anybody who reads the OP that some serious effort has been put into it, even if it’s not perfect.

I just don’t see a good reason for somebody to move such a decent, serious thread in The Rant House…

Bumpity bump.

I’d like a decent explanation please?

Those replies were telling you that it was a moronic OP that doesn’t belong on a serious forum for the variety of reasons they gave. You might want to note them and perhaps consider reading them while maintaining the idea that other people are not as blindly dumb as you think they are.

What if they are right?

When the thread was moved, it was just page after page of you, Lev, Simms and Idioticon or whatever their names are screeching about how much you hate each other over and over again. That’s why it was moved.

What replies? Yours is the first reply from a person other than me in this thread.

Actually, I don’t recall Simms writing that much at all. I do remember that I argued with Idioticidioms but he soon started going ad hominem on me, I did say multiple times that I would like to stay on topic and want to discuss the idea, not the person, but he insisted on derailing my thread and insulting, which reached its peak when he started to threaten me with murder. Lev and I mostly just tried to reason with Idioticidioms and make him stay on topic. It’s not my fault that an idiot like idiotic derailed my thread. I tried to reason with him and I’m not the only one either, many of us did, but he doesn’t listen and most of his post content is completely offtopic and consists of ad hominem insults, threats and preaching. It was the duty of the religious subforum moderator to deal with him, my thread shouldn’t be sent to The Rant House and degraded because of an idiot derailing it…

Bump.

I don’t think punishing my thread because of somebody else derailing it is fair so I’d appreciate a decent explanation and ask you to reconsider.

It’s fairly standard practice, although unfortunate for the OP.

So if somebody makes a great OP and I dislike it I can just derail that thread and have the thread be sent to The Rant House while I go more or less unpunished (all idiotic received was one warning)? And that is standard practice here? Shouldn’t the one derailing the thread be warned and then banned if he doesn’t stop it? Isn’t that more fair? Why should the thread suffer because of a person derailing it?

If this really is the standard practice, it saddens me :frowning: . And no, I’m not joking, it really does sadden me to see an OP I put quite some effort into (I’m aware that it’s far from perfect and looking back I can find some flaws myself) and which sparked a great amount of discussion is being thrown away and degraded because of one person derailing it…

Hm. It seems to interest you a lot, and the discussion on it has turned back to semi-serious, if a not very good exploration of the concepts involved, so I’ll move it back.

I sincerely thank you for that and I appreciate that you looked past our major disagreements and did the right thing.

No prob. Make sure that thread continues to deserve being in Religion.