Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment

Sus,

Have some faith, dude. We might be living on the moon by 2080, and Mars soon after.

That’s the only other option to staying on this planet and destroying it. You know we can’t stop the machine, so set your sights on the moon, I say.

Well said Sushil. I think shooting for the moon may be missing the point. As far as living on Mars you need not go far. We are rapidly turning this wet blue planet into a dry red one.

The Illogical Logic of Man.

A few birds have got infected with bird-flu and Man has started killing millions of birds.
They say birds are a threat to humans.

Sometime ago there was Mad Cow disease and Man started killing hundreds of thousands of cows.
They said cows are a threat to humans.

Ever since Man came into existence - millions of humans with infectious diseases have transferred such diseases to millions of other people - and will continue to infect millions more in future.
Such people are a threat to rest of the people.
Man should follow the same logic here and kill all infected people.

It is Man who has killed millions of people in Wars and other forms of Violence – and can kill millions more any time in future.
Man should follow the same logic here and kill all people.

It is the human species which is the greatest threat to humans and all other life on this planet - In fact the human species is the only species which is a threat to all life on Earth.

Man has decimated all Animal and Plant species – polluted the Sky and Oceans - and poisioned every square inch of earth.

In a mere 200 - 300 years Industrial Society has destroyed all that Nature had laboriously created over a period of millions of years.

Humans pose the greatest threat to other humans.
Humans pose the greatest threat to all other life on earth.

The so-called Rational and Civilized Man should follow the same logic here - and destroy the entire human race.

sushil yadav

More points on bird-flu.

If you indulge in Factory Farming – If you torture the birds – confine millions of them in prison like conditions – depriving them of Sunlight and the freedom to walk and fly – you are creating an environment for the spread of virus and disease.

sushil yadav

What percent of the population votes? And how many people recycle? These are concepts people easily relate to… yet still most don’t. All in all you’re just another brick in the wall; you dont make a difference!.. But there’s more human nature in it than that… and we’re talking about voting here. Rejecting industry and reforming society? It would be a huge change. You’ll be lucky if ONE person becomes a farmer.

We cant even convince all governments to throw aside nuclear weapons!

We can never come together; not over anything. It can be as simple as the dynamics of a 20 person classroom. It’s because no one is selfless (truly selfless). And no one can be selfless, because no one is perfect. Destruction really is the fate of man. Don’t put your faith in the world, it wont be saved. and dont put your faith in the moon either Lol. Put your faith in god (a god, to be less direct). There’s nothing else you can do.

save yourself.
lol.

Sushil you have some very good points! She is 91 and from on olde country Austrian peasant family. She has long said “Depression BAH! people don’t work enoug! give them some feilds plow, animals to tend they won’t have time to be depressed!”. She says and I agree with her, that a more agrian, village/tribal soceity is how mankind can be the happiest.
As far as thinking to much, in the Havamal a collection of wisdom from the Germanic faith (Odhinn, Freya) it says “Best to be middle wise” it also says “The wise man smiles seldom” Mayhaps this first post is an example of modern thought catching up with age old wisdom?

You are right about physical-work [in natural surroundings]. Today everyone knows we feel good after doing exercise. People who do physical-work experience this feeling whole day.

There was a time when Man used to say –

I work in order to feed my family.
I work in order to put Food on the Table.

Today man is putting a lot more than Food on the Table.

Cars, Computers, ipods, Aeroplanes, Luxury Yatchs, Caribbean Vacations, Palatial Homes, Video Phones, Designer Clothes, Designer Drugs, Cosmetic Surgery …………… The list is endless.

Man is putting thousands of consumer goods and services on the Table.
There is too much weight on the Table.
And the Table has begun to creak.

The more you put on your table the more you take out from the mouths of Animals and Birds.

The more you put on your table the more you kill Animals and Trees.

The more you put on your table the more you kill Water, Air and Land.

The more you put on your table the more you kill Mountains and Valleys.

The more you put on your table the more you kill the Sky and Oceans - the Rivers and Lakes.

There are so many things on the Table that one can barely see the Food.

We need just a few things to live.
And we are making thousands of things.

Billions of people are engaged in making, buying and selling of thousands of consumer goods.

Destroy Shopping Culture.
Destroy Industrial Society.

Go back to Simple Living.
Go back to putting just Food on the Table.

sushil_yadav

Sahil,
I respect your values in this!. It is very true! So few ppl today understand this. They don’t understand how to live without these things like new clothes every year, playstations etc! We are destroying outsleves and our planet. Our natural desire for objects which capitalism has encouraged is turning the west into puffer fish and the 3rd world into slaves!

Sushil, I enjoyed reading your comments. I whole-heartedly agree in regards to excess consumerism. When will people learn that buying new clothes or new anything does not lead to happiness. As long as the marketers keep bombarding people with advertisements, then it will continue up until there are no natural resources left.
One of my goals on this rock is to spread the message about the destructive effects of the consumer society. Not many people listen, but one or two do occasionally. Good to know there are some people out there who think the same.

High consumption will yeild high production. This is where the “positive” guys stop their mind clock. They need to read intermediant or advanced microeconomics. The production function is exponented at technology. We do not have the technology to nuclear fusion, to Mars, to global warming protection. We are running fast out of feul, space and air in the stink zone. Curbing consumption is useless if the “harmonious” level doesn’t, or no longer exist, which is to say that planet earth doesn’t possess an asshole. Nevertheless it’s got plenty virgina. India’s national weight will soon tilt the planet’s axis southbound. India’s technical development is all in software, so unless we are evolved to adapt compact discs as our food, then it’s no good. I urge the environmental workers in India to concentrate on one child policy, which will be the greatest contribution that they could make for the health of the environment. I also urge the world’s biggest poluter by far, Americano, to drive mini coopers to work and take enough condoms on the way. Brizilians should keep growing their trees. South Africa needs to stop erecting Toyota ads along the tribal highways and China must not be content with only two nuclear power stations. Everybody should consume more spiritual goods by investing their cash into polution free stocks, then exchange their shares for double glazing windows. Turn the tap of while brushing, you super fish. Vegetarians, stop eating away our green. Have your glutton dogs neutralized, billionairs, just to make sure that your families don’t need the airbus for an inner city trip.

Dear friends - once again I want to thank everyone for expressing your views. The article "Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment " was posted in several parts on this thread. There is one more addition to the topic and I am posting the complete article here in order to maintain continuity of thought.

The modified article is now available in the first post of thread.

sushil_yadav

sushil yadav,
There are some aspects that I would question on your writing. Greed is a trait in humanity as well as animals we all have it to some extent . For instance a dog or a cat may not want a particular piece of food that you give them they will spit it out, but should another dog or cat come along they will instantly pick it back up and eat it before their competion does. Man does the same. Your suggestion seems to be that humanity must give up what is natural, for some it is possible for others they will kill because of it, How would you change this?
Also I don’t think you quite touched enough upon wether man as a whole is sane, too much change too fast has given man a type of communal traumatic shock syndrome. There is more I would question but lets start with these above. Thankyou.
Kris.

Dear Kriswest,
Thanks for your views. What you have written is true. Animals do fight and compete with other animals. This is primarily limited to food and territory. Even plants and trees compete with one another for their share of sunshine. But this activity and behaviour of animals does not lead to widespread destruction of Nature.

With Man it is different. Humans have indulged in overactivity - billions of people are engaged in making , buying and selling of thousands of consumer goods. This overactivity has killed nature/ environment. Even if Industrial Society were to live in a completely peaceful environment - no wars - no violence - it would still destroy environment because it is making thousands of consumer goods. In other words we can say - the process of making, buying and selling of consumer goods is the most violent activity - it leads to killing of animals, trees,air, water and land - the entire ecosystem.

sushil_yadav

Short of turning man into an agrarian society which is impossible, the only other way to stop destruction as you put it is the mass destruction of man.
Have you thought perhaps of destiny, our very nature is based upon animal instincts these instincts of food and territory are more sophisticated in man then in beast. To save the world from man, man must leave the nest. perhaps that might be our solution. It is entirely feasable to go to other planets with our seed. Perhaps the world here is just our nest and we must leave it as all creatures leave. Give me a solution that is simple and feasable that will work in 20 years or less and I will listen. I do not believe that we can be less then who we are but, we surely can be more.

Oh fuck! That sounds like a larf!
So as the species tries to become more and get beyond the system, it actually will destroy the system and itself? [* Remembers Taoism *] Hmmm… Humanity is even more screwed then I thought.

One of my older questions was of the “dark flux”.
During the final moments of the “dark flux” we will be farthest from “God” and it will be impossable for “him” to “hear” our “prayers”, etc, and then bang: supernatural solutions? “God” comes “back”?
^But this sort of “event” is rooted in “the new system” claim [biblically].

Instinct

Sushil yadav, allow me to address the anxieties underlying your concerns, rather than try to answer every possible question you might have left unvoiced.

First, let us consider the fact that for the first time ever, as a species, immortality is in our reach.

This simple fact has far-reaching implications. It requires radical rethinking and revision of our genetic imperatives.
It also requires planning and forethought that run in direct opposition to our neural pre-sets.

I find it helpful at times like these to remind myself that our true enemy is Instinct.

Instinct was our mother when we were an infant species.
Instinct coddled us and kept us safe in those hardscrabble years when we hardened our sticks and cooked our first meals above a meager fire
and started at the shadows that leapt upon the cavern’s walls.
But inseparable from Instinct is its dark twin, Superstition.
Instinct is inextricably bound to unreasoning impulses, and today we clearly see its true nature. Instinct has just become aware of its irrelevance, and like a cornered beast, it will not go down without a bloody fight.

Instinct would inflict a fatal injury on our species.
Instinct creates its own oppressors, and bids us rise up against them.
Instinct tells us that the unknown is a threat, rather than an opportunity.
Instinct slyly and covertly compels us away from change and progress.
Instinct, therefore, must be expunged.
It must be fought tooth and nail, beginning with the basest of human urges. I’m sure I don’t have to remind you that the alternative, if you can call it that, is total extinction - in union with all the other unworthy branches of the species.

Collaboration

In our current unparalleled enterprise, refusal to collaborate is simply a refusal to grow–an insistence on suicide, if you will.
Did the lungfish refuse to breathe air? It did not.
It crept forth boldly while its brethren remained in the blackest ocean abyss, with lidless eyes forever staring at the dark, ignorant and doomed despite their eternal vigilance.
Would we model ourselves on the trilobite?
Are all the accomplishments of humanity fated to be nothing more than a layer of broken plastic shards thinly strewn across a fossil bed, sandwiched between the Burgess shale and an eon’s worth of mud?
In order to be true to our nature, and our destiny, we must aspire to greater things. We have outgrown our cradle. It is futile to cry for mother’s milk, when our true sustenance awaits us among the stars.

Disruptor

Let me remind all citizens of the dangers of magical thinking.
We have scarcely begun to climb from the dark pit of our species’ evolution. Let us not slide backward into oblivion, just as we have finally begun to see the light.

Addressing Sushil Yadav

I’d like to take a moment to address you directly, sushil yadav

Yes. I’m talking to you.
The so-called One Free Man. I have a question for you. How could you have thrown it all away? It staggers the mind.

A man of science, with the ability to sway reactionary and fearful minds toward the truth
choosing instead to embark on a path of ignorance and decay. Make no mistake, sushil. This is not a scientific revolution you have sparked…this is death and finality.
You have plunged humanity into freefall.
Even if you offered your surrender now, I cannot guarantee that our benefactors would accept it.
At the moment, I fear they have begun to look upon even me with suspicion. So much for serving as humanity’s representative.
Help me win back their trust, sushil. Surrender while you still can.
Help ensure that humanity’s trust in you is not misguided
Do what is right.
Serve mankind.

I agree that the decimation of the sickly/degenerative elements of the human race would be the “logical” thing to do. This is of course only logical in light of an atheistic and evolutionary worldview. Human life has no value, according to evolution, other then when it furthers evolution. Evolution is so dangerous because it is implied racism. There are no moral absolutes in evolution. Ironically, evolution is taught in the same classroom in which racism is condemned. Darwin knew exactly what his theory would mean in his “Preservation of Races.” Hitler should be considered a hero by all for implementing evolutionary implications to the next, logical progression. Why not kill the elderly, the faggets, and the genetically unfit? They are all useless apendages of society anyways (biologically at least) so why not?

Controlling Weather and the Ultimate Negation of Nature

Technology will ultimately lead to our undoing. Both computers and man will share a symbiotic relationship, such a dependence on each other, that the very concept of human nature will be wiped out.
We may still exist, but in a world, not unlike the matrix. I dont mean to say, humans will be slaves in a simulated world, but that we may opt for a virtual evironment over a natural one. This, I believe will produce a schizoid mentality, not to mention a shattered identity, when questions of “who am I?” become who also are these virtual characters that I’ve created for myself.
Instead of worshipping a God, we’ll send our praise to a computer progammer.
Instead of a computer matching our feelings, humans will be cold and detached and much like a machine. There are many unforseen elements to the virtual world, but I also believe that our concept of time will change, based on the fact that computers can make decisions in billionths of a second, below all our human perception. And the politics of time will seperate us from the true natural rhythms of our planet.

The sad thing is the word “progress” has such a positive connotation and commericals for super sleek gadgets have us believe the future tech world will be paradise. They say its inevitable. And most people adhere to it.

Penis’s will ultimately lead to rape?

No, technology is not to blame.
The people who control the technology [these being the corporations and the governments] – are really to blame.

restraints have been placed on the penis: laws, inheirent goodness, social estrangement

speaking presently of technology, it appears all is headed in the right direction. Fast is good. Faster is better. And very little thought is given to TOO fast. Nobody really speaks of of restraints. Speed limits are a sham, because my car can reach speeds that exceed 100

you can look out your windshield and see where you’re going, but look to the side and the blur of scenery and see what your missing.