Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

imageshack.us/

You should be able to figure it out from there.

i’ll second that on the case of trop here :evilfun:

Alright, I think I got it.

uploadyourimages.com/img/095 … 1_0004.jpg

Nice picture, Detrop

I bet you can’t guess what’s growing behind that towel hanging in the closet.

I’ll give you a hint.

What makes it grow is like salt but is not a spice.

Okay I’m lying.

The hint was “sodium,” as in a sodium light, and I don’t have a pot plant in my closet.

I missed this years cycle and its too late now to get anything worth while done. I could germinate and harvest in October (I’d transplant them outside anyway) but I’d be missing three months growth time. The buds would be mediocre and I don’t tolerate mediocrity.

Maybe I could set up a drug cartel with the monkey boy, Gobbo, and exchange over the boarder…

“Gobbo, its detrop. The time is going to be two o’clock at Preston’s Bridge. It has been suggested by my informants that…”

“Prank caller! Prank caller! I’m hanging up.”

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i can see that happening… hey if you guys ever need a middle man for the transport … :smiley: :wink:

Worse yet is the fact that the opportunity was completely missed to say something witty like: “then how do you live with yourself” as a direct response to the quote: "I don’t tolerate mediocrity.

Its a sad day when a man has to come up with his own…uh, what’s that word? It has to do with making a parody out of an anecdote I think. Damit. Its on the tip of my tongue…

I heard it once before I swear.

You know actually this brings up a decent question. How, if mental constructs are formed from word images, are the ideas of words ever “on the tip of the tongue?” I know that there is a word and that it represents the idea I have here in mind…but without the word I shouldn’t be asking for a definition of the idea I have.

A bit of a paradox, it seems.

Ah!

Anti-climatic.

Is that it?

edit: or is it “climactic?”

I don’t have a dictionary and I dropped out of kindergarten so I could work for a living.

Now I couldn’t tell a pot plant, even if it grew under my bed.

However, I am intrigued about the metal object in the right of the picture, an indicator of your sporty habits. I think it is either a bycicle or an exercise apparatus thingy.

Indeed. I have a “Diamond Back Link 2” system, or, for the laymen, a bad-ass mountain bike. (Notice how I called it a “system.” This is to give it a greater semiotic value, and therefore win you over easily.)

It has full suspension (front and rear shocks), xt components, butted aluminum frame, and is a twenty-one speed.

It weighs less than a cheesburger.

However it is ugly. It is a combination of laser-blue, orange, black and white. This is because of its custom construction, where certain hardware didn’t match in color. That is a small price to pay for performance.

:laughing:

seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/h … ios01.html

soren poulsen

actually that did come first to mind :stuck_out_tongue: but i’m not one to start with the ad homs ASSHOLE!!! :evilfun:

And I’m sure is a much sounder investment of your time and money…

detrop

You look like that singer Frank Zapa.

I hope that aint an insult.

thanks for the photo detrop, I can’t remember when my request came but nice eyebrow arching manoeuvre… not as spectacular as mine obviously :smiley: but fab all the same

My problem is I never smile. Its always a smirk. I can’t help it. Maybe its because I think that if I smile, I won’t look tough, and therefore my reputation as a Power Philosopher and existential strong-arm might be compromised. I cannot afford to have you people believe that I am not a very significant person, and therefore I have to try to look and sound intense.

My e-mails are flooded with letters from people who believe I am the second Jesus.

Just kidding…but wouldn’t that be cool?

The truth is I can be quite boring and dull sometimes.

Contrary to popular belief, Zappa actually made quite a parody out of the “modern rock lyricist.” If he sang a song, it was only to “stay occupied on stage,” as he put it, and often the lyrics were silly and blatantly so.

The integrity of Frank Zappa is certainly not found in his singing, although there is a funny story about how he aquired the ability to sing in such a low key. He was assaulted by a guy in the audience, who thought Frank was “making eyes” at his girlfriend, and was thrown into the orchestra pit, crushing his larynex(sp?), which later healed inappropriately, causing his voice range to change.

Cool, eh?

But I don’t think I look like him at all. The angle of the shot makes my nose look more pointed than it is, if anything.

Frank had a nose that only the Gods could reckon with.

Now check this out…since we’re into Zappa trivia at the moment.

That same fall into the pit put him into a wheel-chair for two years. During that two years he produced “Over-nite Sensation” and “One Size Fits All,” two albums which showcased his guitar work extremely well, and unlike the preceding and following albums which tended toward other instrumental compositions, these two emphasized his lead playing the most.

My theory?

He spent more time playing the guitar because he was in a wheel-chair.

[thank you, thank you]