Banning People

Yeah, funny stuff.

Thanks for unbanning me, MagsJ.

That’s the second time today, Faust, leave me alone already!

How a bout a ‘be a mod for a day’ contest.

Then everyone could experience the pleasure of a damn good permaban.

I think that would be a ‘negatory’.

Can someone ban him for me…?

Make him happy and ban me for 24 hours.

You guys can ban each other? :laughing: Admin fail.

If you prick us do we not bleed?

Prick you? I barely even know you.

Thirty - Eight Ways to Win an Argument from Schopenhauer’s “The Art of Controversy”
searchlores.org/schopeng.htm

:unamused:

That bastard Schopenwhore stole my trick, I’ve been using that one for years.

I prefer the “argument of no argument” technique.

Is self-banning allowed at ILP? I mean, if you feel that your own personal level of argument failure is exceeding logical boundaries for any given day. Or maybe it should just be a community function, a type of voting system function. Have a page where users can vote, and after X number of votes, an offending user is auto-banned for 24-48 hours …

Wait, nevermind, that would end up being a perma-ban for me. “The jury is instructed to disregard the previous remarks.”

Mastriani - as the owner of a successful message board website, you may know about this already - we sometimes use the Ban-O-Matic Random Ban Selector. It randomly selects a member name to ban. Most of the time it will, obviously, select a long-gone, zero-post, just-lookin’-around member from back when stuff like philosophy was discussed here. But it’s something to do.

Ban-O-Matic.com

I was not aware of this functionality addition to message boards. I know I should feel empowered to use it, but for some reason, my sense of self-validation in banning seems reduced to almost imperceptibility …

Apparently, the lack of measureable e-peen drive is now officially an issue. ::sigh::

No intarwebs glory for some of us …

Oh, well, when you apply for modship here, along with your three hundreds dollar application fee, you have to send in a 1000-word essay about why you want to ban people, who you would like to ban and how you plan to accomplish your banning goals for the year.

Then, if you make that cut, you submit a multiple choice test that measures how often you are likely to ban and indicates how banning affects your emotional well-being. If it doesn’t make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to ban someone, you just won’t work out on staff here. The motto here is “I ban, therefore I am”.

You may also know that mods here have a special sig that only other mods can see. Mine is, “A ban a day keeps the voices in my head away”. I’m not going to tell tales, but others here use such gems as:

“I love the smell of banning on the morning. It smells like…victory.”

“I think that I shall never see
Anything lovely as a banning.”

“E=MC banned.”

and…

“What doesn’t destroy me, makes me ban more.”

I wanted that last one, but it was already taken.

I would have figured you for a “Not that I banned you, but that I can ban you no more, has shaken me” type.

Seems more, I don’t know, “Faust like”.

“If you lack the ability to log in, then why should you care what happens after you’re banned?”

faust,

You only had to pay 300? Shit! They made me pay 500. Is the 100.00 yearly renewal fee still in place? Damn! I think I got screwed. :unamused:

Oh, you paid the Old Fart surcharge. I had to pay that one, too. The $100.00 fee is still in place, but you can have it waived if you can demonstrate that at least 51% of your bannings have been patently unfair, or if anyone’s mom calls to complain.

If it was yopele behind you, you know you enjoyed it … LMMFAOROTFL … score!!!

Yeah, today is a good day. :banana-dance:

yo only comes in here looking for you. I’m not his “type” You’re such a cute couple…

I just figured out your avatar. Isn’t that the little shit and shiver from The Dark Chrystal? Like that movie a lot.