Strange Gut-Wrenching Longing

Yes dear, you’re right. I’m ashamed. :blush: I just remember another website far far away where you scared the living hell out of me. It made no difference what I said, you one-upped me every time. But maybe you’ve turned a new leaf? It was a long time ago…

Hope there is peace and joy at your house this day.

O Anita, I would quit you if only you weren’t so addictive. Don’t get me wrong, I see the flame, but I just stop flying towards it.

I don’t blame you for blocking it out. It’s probably for the best. I mean, who would want to hold on to memories of imprisonment in a mental asylum with tentative? Didn’t know you guys went to such a tough high school. Was the Christmas part a reunion of sorts? Innocent person’s reputation my… Oh, sorry, I almost forgot my manners. Hanging around Tent can do that to you. It’s just that under that petite, unassuming, exterior - by the way, I’m talking about you, Anita, not Tent - lies a dangerous firecracker (have you met rainey? Did you guys go to high school together?). Anyway, thanks for, yet again, gracing us with your presence. You classed up the joint (why are you snickering, Tent?). Now I can rest easy … with one eye open, while standing, with my back against the wall, whistling Dixie, just in case.

Sax? What sax? Who said anything about a Sax? Ohhhh, that’s what this thread is all about. Why do you guys keep doing that, yeah, I’m looking at you, Tent.

I think I’ll just excuse myself from this campy romp. I can only imagine poor Blurred checking in on Monday only to, yet again, find this. Shameful.

Twist.

Hmmmm, I don’t know… I’d probably be willing to do a few years in a mental institution with Anita. We could learn to play the sax. They do have those in mental institutions don’t they, Sandy? You never said much about those years…

Blurred, just remember who started this. It wasn’t me. Anita and I are just innocent bystanders, victims of of a twisted mind. We don’t care what you play, just play.

Nah, just curious, how many different instruments do you play?

:-s

I have NO idea what you could be referring to. The day I’m capable of one-upping you, well, I’ve yet to see anyone accomplish that, I’m certainly in no position to manage it. I can barely even keep up with you guys, and that’s on a good day. 8-[

Sangrain, I’d say you are the indisputable master of the backhanded compliment, except “compliment” isn’t quite the right word, is it? I’m thinking “sarcastic dig” may better fit the bill. Not to mention, what the-? “Petite and unassuming?” Who me? Oh, now I get it, more of the sarcasm stuff - gotcha. [size=75][See JT, I’m so slow on the uptake, I just wait for gravity to drop the obvious in my lap. And even then sometimes I miss. :blush: ] [/size]

Now if only we could get sangrain to upload that vid of him whistling Dixie, maybe Blurred and/or Nah could be persuaded to accompany him…? [-o<

I just can’t get past the dixie thing. It isn’t right. It ought to be something like: youtube.com/watch?v=kPgFnRdTcKE [size=50]He isn’t the only one with back handed compliments[/size]

And the imagery is wrong… slithering alond the path and hiding in the grass waiting for the next victim… yeah, that’s more like it.

Blurred, we really aren’t as bad as we appear. I’m much worse and Sandy is worser.

I always look forward to coming to work Monday mornings, for this reason (and a few others). I always find myself in a fit of giggles at my desk when I look to see what everyone has posted throughout the weekend. Of course, this will be the last Monday morning this happens, as I’ll FINALLY be receiving my new laptop tomorrow sometime. Yay :smiley:

One more thing –

Anita, it’s nice to see you again :slight_smile:

You nailed it - that is sangrain to a ‘T’. As for you, it’s more like the seemingly kind stranger with the disarming smile who just needs help looking for his adorable little lost puppy, and oh, how about a piece of candy while we go looking?

That’s up for debate. [size=85]hehe[/size]

Thanks Blurred, I definitely stop in on a regular basis to check on my favorites, those who are still here. Always educational and entertaining.

I like learning what’s new with you, I love your forthright and humorous take on life, so it’s always fun to see what you’re up to. :slight_smile:[size=50]
[hey, don’t blame me, I’m pretty sure it was sangrain-The-Instigator who started this love-fest. I know, typical, right?][/size]

Me??? That’s not me at all. Besides, I tried that line on you and it didn’t work. But eventually, I’ll come up with something… :sunglasses:

That’s really kinda creepy, tent…

Maybe try something like, “Is that a mirror in your pocket, cuz I can see myself in your pants…”

But then again, that may be a little too cliche for Anita.

How about, “Do you have any raisins? No? How about a date?”

Cute lines, but I’m an equal opportunity whatever works at the moment sort. I’m old enough to have tried most of 'em, and now it is just variations on a theme. Trouble is, a beautiful woman like Anita has heard every possible man-lie out there and she is (justifiably) suspicious. But a challenge is a challenge! In truth, I’m like most men and fail 99.9% of the time, but as my grandfather once observed: You ask 'em all. Some will, some won’t."

My favorite is an old Groucho Marx line: “Do you know the difference between sex and a ham sandwich?” (answer no) “Then how about having lunch with me today?”

:laughing: A friend of mine, who happens to be an older male (somewhere in his late 50’s, early 60’s, I believe) once told me that back in his partying days, he sat outside the women’s bathroom in a bar and asked every woman who walked by, “You wanna fuck?”

He said he got slapped six times, and the seventh woman said, “Let me finish my beer.”

I have to admit, that is one line I never tried - not because it eventually wouldn’t work, I just wouldn’t think very much of a woman who said “yes”. It is the pursuit that’s half the fun. Hell, more than half. But I’m old with quaint ways.

Actually, Blurred, with Tent it’s more like; "Do you have any raisins? No? Would you like one?

But back to my original point: Well, Blurred, now that we’re standing here in the middle, with Tent on one side and Anita on another, I’d like you to really get acquainted with these two fine individuals, study them, learn from them, and whenever you’re in a crisis of conscience, reach out to them. As you can clearly see, these are serious people who choose not to take themselves too seriously (that’s important). They are obviously of good humor, and very accommodating. I just wanted to really introduce them into your life (Rainey is a backup plan). Get acquainted.

As for xzc; he is a nice young man and I don’t know if you ever got around to communicating with him. To be fair, he may get on your nerves by trying to take himself way too seriously. He’s just trying to impress you. Just imagine yourself being a cat and he a ball of yarn. He’s quite funny once he’s comfortable and less defensive. And if you’re too busy with your artisan pursuits to engage him, that’s cool, just let him know.

LoL, well, my friend Bob used to be quite a drunk. He’s changed his ways, but drunk people don’t generally look for quality, they just want someone willing, you know?

xzc and I are in contact, I’ve enjoyed talking to him. A couple weeks ago we got into a heated little debate, it was quite fun. I find him to be an intelligent and altogether worthwhile person to converse with.

Oh Oh,

[size=150]WARNING![/size]

Be careful Anita! He’s trying to be nice! Do you hear slithering and see the grass waving? C’mon over here. I’ll protect you… :sunglasses:

:laughing:
I think I’ve gotta go with “hacked account.” Some prankster apparently doesn’t realize that part of sangrain’s inimitable charm is his utter lack of – hmm, how can I put this delicately? – benevolence and sincerity. And on top of that, this hacker actually brought the thread back on topic [sort of] – clearly a poseur who has not studied sangrain’s signature style nearly well enough.

[size=50][Now now sangrain, you know we’re just giving you a hard time – we love all of your many different facets, even the sweet, helpful ones.][/size]

Ha! [-X JT, I trust you about as far as I can throw you.

And besides, aren’t you the one who told me he gives away the best apples?
:angelic-halofell:

You don’t trust me? I’m crushed. Still, I had to give it a try. [size=50]looks at potential list[/size]
I didn’t say anything about apples! I didn’t even go near that tree till you gave me that come hither look. I didn’t even know what an apple was till the first bite and then everything went to hell in a hand basket. It was you succumbing to the wiles of that… that…

Ummm,your fig leaf has slipped a little… Where was I? Oh yeah, now I remember… uhhh… Will you PLEASE fix the fig leaf? This is tough enough without any primal distractions. Oh hell. Forget it. I have to go weed the friggin garden.

Weeding the garden behind Anita’s fig leaf? Why, Tentative, you dirty dog, you.

Oh, Blurred, I forgot to mention; they’re modest, too, as evidenced by their inability to take compliments (I guess I don’t blame them).

But yeah, you’re in good hands (and don’t waste too much personal emotional investment with doomnaysayer, or doomsnaysayer, or whatever he’s calling himself now, unless you’re working on your argumentation skills, or treating that engagement as pure mental exercise. The kid’s very bright but It’s possible he’s stuck in cyclical loop).

LoL thanks for the advice, Sandy. I’ll try to not to get too involved.