Osama bin Laden is Dead.

[tab][/tab]

ok so how about now the government gives us our freedoms back (via repealing Patriot Act, among other things) and brings the troops home?

NOT, you guys thought this would make a difference BUAHAHAHA.

Also, Osama more than likely died in 2001.

You guys are SUCH unbelievable suckers… :unamused: [-(

They dropped his body in the Ocean??? …geeezzz

when Che Guevera was killed, they flaunted that mother fucker’s body around for EVERYONE to see. Not really sensible to keep evidence of this guy’s death a secret…unless there isn’t any evidence.

If there were no more sin, what would be the purpose of priests? If there were no more disease, what would be the purpose of doctors? If there were no more enemies, what would be the purpose of army? People need to be afraid of something - in such a way that they need saviours and champions all the time… Can there be better form of control? The US goverment knew that killing Osama won’t change the overall picture, and that it will probably make things worse - which will result in more terrorist attacks - which leads to stricter laws and greater invasion of privacy, loss of more civil rights, semi-military state and The Patriot Act 2.0… Over 99% possible…

Fo’ shizzle. I’ve read that the US conducted this operation without informing the Pakistan government, quite a brazen move but they (US) obviously don’t trust them (Pakistan).

@XZC: :laughing: :sunglasses:

so, let’s assume it’s all true for a second anyway: it just came out that he was UNARMED when he was shot (if he was shot). they shot this mother fucker in cold blood. no trial for his crimes?

there’s not too many reasons to shoot an unarmed man. maybe he had information they didn’t want to leak? i don’t know, i can’t really think of any other good reasons to shoot an unarmed man. it’s a bit suspicious if you ask me. when they caught Charles Manson, they didn’t just shoot him. they gave him a trial. they didn’t just shoot the guy who allegedly killed JFK, they caught him, arrested him (and then somebody else shot him lol). they didn’t shoot Saddam when he was caught. why the change of procedure? what’s goin on here?

fuck, if they had caught hitler before he committed suicide, i’m sure they would have tried him

After 9/11 does the blood really get cold here?

I hear you, Humpty. Now, if they U.S. government is making this elaborate story up, why wouldn’t they have said bin Laden was armed and on the offensive? That would have been a less questionable scenario. ALSO, they reported that bin Laden’s wife, who stood in between him and the Seals, moved toward them in a potentially threatening manner (whatever that means).

I would have no problem believing the whole thing except for this: why did we conduct a “muslim burial” for him and drop him at sea? That makes no sense.

If OBL would have given himself up, he might have gotten a trial. :slight_smile:

I mean before he was approached by the Navy Seals. :slight_smile:

i was expecting a response like this.

that’s why i provided examples of people who have committed heinous crimes and were arrested and tried.

So we must follow precedence because we must follow precedence? Or… what is the reasoning?

well, the fact is that with the state, there is no reasoning…or if there is, the reason’s gotta be kept secret.

I really don’t think Bin Laden was viewed as worthy of a trial… In the states eyes. Our nations ideology only looks good on paper. But then again, that ideology only can go so far… When push comes to shove. I applaud cutting through the red tape that so many times has binded us, harmed us, and defeated us.

i think a televised trial would have been pretty cool, i think it would have been very worth-while. the money the government could have made from televising the trial would have massively outweighed the cost of the trial, so to say it’s not “worth while”…well you certainly don’t mean it’s not worth while economically. i think it would have been a much bigger historical event: the trial of a terrorist. the murder of a terrorist…i don’t know, that doesn’t really have the level of significance that a trial would. a trial would have been nice.

I think a trial for that reason (money) makes it become a huge joke. I even think that to come up with that idea to begin with leads me to question your state of mind on the matter as a hole as well as your entire world view, even if it is not serious.

Next issue: Was the “Muslim ceremony” the right thing to do? Apparently his burial took place aboard an aircraft carrier in which a naval officer read traditional muslim burial rites that were translated into Arabic, with bin laden wrapped in white sheets in a ceremony that took approximately 45 minutes?

it is a huge fucking joke, are you outta ur mind?

I agree that it would be a joke but not in the same sense or severity of the term as if it was done for money as opposed to ideology, which could be seen as virtuous. I personally think virtue has it’s time and place, but it wasn’t nor should it have been the time or place with this raid on bin laden