The Lion tears up the Child (and eats himself)

Dancing, yes - waltzing, not necessarily. Nietzsche greatly valued dancing, but not bound to a social context.

Exactly. Now the question is: is the Nietzschean drawn to this systematic, “holistic” approach to Nietzsches body of work because of a greater power? I put a questionmark to the idea that this is necessarily the case, but I dont deny that it can be. What I criticize is the attitude that suggests that to approach Nietzsches work as a homogenous system automatically guarantees a superior understanding of the work, or a superior will to power.

In as far as I am influenced by him, Nietzsche is the soil, not the seed.

Even though one cannot overestimate the joys of what you describe, I think that you underestimate the depth and heights of Nietzsches joy, the joy of the solitary creator in general.

If you would slow down, you would be dancing.

Yes, but it was you who brought in de Montaigne in the first place. That doesn’t make sense to me unless his quote is logically connected to Nietzsche. You failed to do adequately that, even though it was a praiseworthy attempt.

As I read it, the Lion of the OP doesn’t have issue with the child, he destroys him as a result of out of a lack of lightness, in very general terms, of health.

Good God, no! Well, sometimes, unfortunately, and that was probably a a bad sentence… but any vision is a reflection of (personal) experiences. Experience is the personal in “personal”, the vision is personal thought.

The Lions striving is very Yang. It destroys in the end the fertile Earth. Strive (also) softly. Yin.

Good one! The burden the camel carries is what ultimately must become the child.

The Child.

If you do not break under love it is not true. -Christ.

Is that a quote from the Bible?

You think the Christ speaks only through the Bible? You ought to read the Bible.

“Stop attributing made-up quotes to me”

• Christ

I can see you’re clever. Probably a mathematician.

I’m an awful dancer tho’ I do enjoy it.

That Nietzsche who wrote ‘without music life would be error’ is the one I’m after!

kp

jonquil absolutely a d o r e s the idea of taking life and philosophy v e r y seriously, to the exponential nth degree so that a life spent without worrying out heavily and gravely the distinctions between the lion, camel and child in Nietzsche’s extremely weighty, extremely significant allegory would hardly be worth living. Most def, Nietzsche stands on a par with my favorite author for heavy, important symbology and absolute truth without irony or ambiguity: Nathaniel Hawthorne.

HTH, jonquil the unsmiling

No… You are Helptheherd?

Never took notice of him but I had the feeling googling this Hawthorne would result in a fitting quote, and surely:

“A pure hand needs no glove to cover it.”

Now, since I have about 5 aliases on this site, what does that say about me?
I guess that Im no fan of Hawthorne either.

But what you may interpret as worry, others refer to as thought. It can be a heady wine, surely.

Drifting way of topic I guess but Hawthorne is a great writer second only to Melville for me!

kp

Okay. Since I don’t know about either of them, I move back to the topic: did or did Nietzsche not eat himself in his own terms?

Dunno - but in the mean time I’m writing a play called ‘waiting for sauwelios’ whilst painting a picture…

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4WM-0ZlgDo[/youtube]

Was krossie’s comment

A. Unhelpful

B. Lazy

C. Not all that funny

D. All of the above

kp

I enjoyed it krossie O:)

Now I think I’m going to revisit “What is Called Thinking?”.

Krossies comment gave me the first laugh of the day… and I love that video.
I don’t think Sauwelios is coming back here, I pissed him off by calling him Talmudic because he didn’t fall for my interpretation and let his analytical method loose on me.

I see he has his own high powered Nietzsche forum - ah well pity though - the debate above was quality!

kp

That forum is like a fortress.

If you ever finish that play, or painting, I must see it.

I’ll bet it is!

If I can churn anything out even philosophy - I’ll put it up here somewhere - chance it’d be a fine thing - maybe over the Summer!

kp

This summer will be a good one.

I like to think that my Buddhist-like approach to life keeps my inner (Nietzschean) child alive and puts aside the angst of the lion. It’s something about believing that nothing really matters that sets one free. The lion still believes things matter - his virtues matter.

This isn’t to say that I’m a Buddhist nor that absolutely nothing matters to me - I think anyone who claims that really nothing matters to them is lying - but it is, as they say, the ‘spirit’ of the philosophy that guides me.