Philosophy For Us Dummies

No, little reptile, it means no such thing. All it means I think is that you’ve reserved your mind for other things. You perceive things differently.
At the same time, if the Judeo-Christian god does exist in the mind of others, it also doesn’t make them all of those things which you mentioned above. I think that if our beliefs serve us and others in a ‘real’ (and that is important) and good way, those beliefs can be looked at as healthy and acceptable. After all, who are we to judge? And of course, that then begs the question - what is real? :laughing:

I could never reveal everything about myself. The monsters are part of me, they couldn’t leave.

maybe those monsters inside of you are monsters that are inside arc and the other dummies…

Okay, so then, what do you do in order to live in harmony with your monsters?

Thats a good question. I guess I would say, acceptance of yourself and through understanding yourself.

WW_III_ANGRY

Well, I did mention in ‘harmony with your monsters’. But when do we know when it’s time to send a particular monster 'packing" - so to speak?

turtle,

Well, being that we all share the same humanity - though not all of the same experiences, we can more or less figure that we share many of the same monsters. But really, perhaps it’s actually just ‘one’ monster - with different kinds of tentacles which grab hold of us, choke us and at times leave us gasping for breath. But it is up to us to take that sword (metaphor) and as many times as is necessary, to bear down with it and cut that tentacle off, and as many times as it grows back, cut it again and again. I wonder what the name of that ‘one’ monster might be?

Depends on the situation :slight_smile:

and how is that situation to be judged?

Your values + intelligence :slight_smile:

attention dummies-----i would like to mention some of the profound posts for this week…

attention dummies-------

calrid is back…things should pick up now…

where is arc?

You give me far too much credit.

to answer your OP:

1. How did matter and energy come about?? please define the words how, did, matter,and, energy, come, about.

1. eternity is probably the only rational idea that I as a human can encompass, or rather can’t but you get the point. If something just always was and always will be then you don’t have to worry about first cause arguments.

2. How did life originate???

1. Life originated because God stretched forth his hand upon the void and well you know the rest.

3. What the fuck is it all about???

1. People are not wearing enough hats.

how are you defining hats…do you mean tits?

I think with this metaphysical treatise the definition a pro po hats at least peri persu will all become clear…?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2QJvc_SxFQ[/youtube]

:laughing: Too much laying out in the sun, little reptile, or perhaps not enough! :wink:

WW_III_ANGRY

But what do you do if something holds you back from utilizing these tools?

there you go arc…what is holding you back…

you dummies are all sick…

You mean Sic right? :wink: