What works better?

Just out of curiosity, has a reliable study ever been done to determine what works best, psychoanalysis, humanism or cognitivism?

This is simply out of curiosity because I know each has his strengths and weaknesses.

I’m sorry that I cannot answer this specific question. However I will say…

This is the biggest problem with mainstream psychology. There is never one end all solution the unlocking the depths of the human psyche. All of these methods, as you have stated, carry with them their own faults and advantages. If you are asking what is the best method of practicing psychology, I would say that there is no answer to that question, nor will there ever be. In the individual you are analyzing, you must find yourself. You must discuss and not analyze. The rest is up to your intuition.

Schizoanalysis. Psychical Nomadism. These should be addressed. Psychical Nomadism arguably works best for the individual.

Works best at what?

Hmm. I should have asked that…well, at least I posited who I proposed a certain practice works for.

Good point.
In terms of results.
But I guess even that could be subjective.

Maybe someone should a study on this 3 approaches regarding a specific issue like depression or anxiety.

And just disregard Schizoanalysis and Psychical Nomadism? Perhaps one of these is the result of the inquiry you are making?

oh! i had to read about such a study for my class!

Actually, it was slightly different from what you asked,

Smith and Glass published a “meta-analysis of psychotherapy outcome studies” in the American Psychologist in 1977.

Basically what they found was that no matter the type of therapy was 75% of patients improved on average.

Mostly they compared a behavioral therapy superclass and a non-behavioral superclass with 73% and 75% improvement respectively.

If you think this may answer your question, i recommend looking it up (my summary is probably fairly inaccurate)

I would have to say that a complete thought, in a complete sentence might be a start.Then I would try some animal training to see about civilizing the anthropomorphism. Of course, you could always refer to the definition of a thing, but then you would have none of the above.

It’s generally understood that cognitive psychology is proven more effective through studies, although psychoanalysts will say that it’s only the result of the fact that much more studies are done with cognitive therapy… another aspect to consider is the fact that cognitive therapy probably lends itself much more naturally to being worked with in clinical settings because it’s essentially more scientific, as it is based on cognitive models of the mind which have a lot of hard science support.

I don’t really have anything to cite, as this is just the general perspective on the matter that I’ve developed over time. I’d like to add that it’s more intuitive to me that cognitive-based therapy would be more effective in resolving specific problems because of the way in which is focuses squarely on this purpose, not to mention that the cognitive model of the mind has a lot of scientific basis.

The other thing is that cognitive therapy is very capable of extending itself in the sense that it can incorporate aspects of all sorts of other therapies and use them effectively towards cognitive goals.

Mainstream clinical psychology today uses a psychodynamic approach, taking elements from psychoanalysis, cognitive-behavioural (cognitive by itself is pretty much obsolete) and psychiatry. I think. I’m not a psychologist, but I have been told this by a couple of different psychologists.

This may not answer which one works best, but it answers something.