New Religion?

pezer–you may be damning the true god…watch out for consequences…all of the current religions need an overhaul…

And when you notice how this religion does not catch on, what will you have learned about your ideas about religion?

actually the post was meant to show the silliness of religions…no one KNOWS anything. every religion starts with one person and all you have to do is be a bullshitter like me…

REally? Interesting. So how many followers do you have?

Screw it, let’s all whorship the Turtle, there is no way that it can be anymore damaging than going to a regular church/mosque/etc. :laughing:

[-o<

Ommmmm…

What’s whorshipping look like, sounds very pagan or some form of human trafficking.

That’s easy, it’s just like worshipping, but with more 'h’s.

the turtle is the natural god…the idk god…

you can say you believe in god…no one will ask you about your god…and you can be one of the gang…
there is no god better than the turtle god…
in fact the turtle god makes more sense…

Don’t turtles hold the earth up, or somethin’?

It’s turtles. All the way down…

yes…

the turtle god

we need to get rid of all the old gods…the old gods are boring…

this new religion should be attractive to an atheist…now the atheist can have a natural god and feel superior to the god people…

A new religion needs holidays. I advocate Monday and Tuesday thus a 3-day working week. Sign me up. I also want to be canonised or whatever it is for forwarding this proposal which’ll prove to be the most successful means of expanding our flock.

trevor you and i are in…i like your idea…are you an atheist…we need atheists…we need persons who arent satisfied with present religions…they are dysfunctional…

also we need someone to be in charge of the god complaint department.

I’ll be the treasurer

little reptile…

I don’t think that religions are necessarily silly, turtle. Sometimes our biases don’t allow us to see a larger picture - the beauty and real meaning that may be within a certain religion and that nourish and fulfill us. In our arrogance (I know from myself) we tend to strip down the good with the bad…we pull out the healthy flowering with the weeds, in a sense. As humans, we tend to let ourselves get too carried away - our emotions rule our reasoning, or our reasoning is too rational - instead of there being a steady flow of both - one simply guiding the other depending on the moment. One oftentimes becomes slave to the other…we become slaves to one or the other. Some beliefs may become silly because of our human need. But if our religion does nurture and allows us to grow and expand humanely and spiritually, and if others are touched by that and causes no harm to self or others, well, then, isn’t that what religion is for, ultimately? And I think that religion can do that.

we need a NEW religion…all the current religions are not helping because they have gods that are unbelievable…a new god needs to be proposed…a god that is in tune with nature not some silly fairy story…will you meet with trevor and flannel and me…
we need a wordly woman…

jesus you can be the treasurer if everyone wants you…

atheists are wanted in the new religion…

ithink many atheists are so repelled by the judeo-christian god that they just are revolted by the thought of any god…

there are things out there that we cannot comprehend.
we needto focus on what is going on here on earth…
and the idea of an afterlife is problematic…

just think a natural god and all the jc god people are wrong and you are right…

Sorry my friend I can’t worship any more than I can be a slave or servant out of force. I tend to be a tad stubborn and ornery. I can’t seem to bend my knees to anyone or anything. Gods may exist but if they want me to serve them they have to treat me as an equal otherwise they can kiss my lily white ass. Ok since its winter and down right freezing to me right now it may have a touch of red or blue in it. They can educate me but they cannot threaten me. I would rather cease to exist than serve.

actually what we need is a replacement for the jc god…we dont need another religion…