Open Invitation.

I feel the need to debate something. I’ll happily take on anyone, concerning anything. :smiley:

OK. It will have to be slow and leisurely, but how about the coming pandemic die back? We’ve discussed it at length, so we know each other’s tricks. :wink: I’ll argue either side - your choice. But be careful! Remember the limb and the saw…

Too doomy-gloomy, I get enough of the 2012 schtick from the people at work. And anyway, we’ve both crippled our fingers over it before. Novelty, newness, not-done-before-ness. Watchwords for the day. O:)

Look - Anita wants to discuss popcorn. Okay - I’ll take not-popcorn, you take popcorn.

Are you talking to Anita or me?

I dunno, how’d you feel about popcorn…?

I think popcorn is disrespectful to corn, and that the peruvians got it right by geting it to inflate but not pop.

Lol.

Anyway, let me amend to “everything but apocalyptic scenarios”.

Where do you stand on universalism; the Topus Uranus and all that. Is there a perfect chair?

I have a related view - inevitabilism. The existance of eh… solutions outside of time.

I’m going to bow out of this discussion. There isn’t a whole bunch we haven’t already beat to death one way or another. Besides, there are just too many “platonic” uranus jokes to do that with a straight face. I know, I know. Too cheap and easy, but I have to get 'em in wherever I can… :laughing:

Lol, yep, can’t beat a good ass-tral body like Uranus.

Yeah I know, but you’ve already debated that. Plus, i kind of agree with you after reading it.

Damn, looks like we’re stuck with Uranus again. :laughing:

Send a PM to Mas and yo. :laughing: That will get you off the hook gracefully.

What about coercion and repression? Does it work / not work? The world seems full of that right now, and I’ve been chewin’ on it the last month or so. I don’t think we’ve ever covered that ground. If we have, I’ve forgotten. Pick a side - any side…

Sounds interesting - but aren’t repression and coercion a bit samey…?

No you don’t. No debate without accepting the challenge and declaring your position. [-X

Screw it, I haven’t had my ass handed to me on a plate recently so erm…

I’m gonna say “Coercion and repression work because etc…” And you take the “don’t work” side. Is this acceptable my homourable competitor…?

Dat’s just peachy wif me! :smiley: How about a couple of back and forths and a summation? A three day time limit between the back and forths? And we’ll need a judge or judges. Anita is following this BS, so she should be able to muster the energy to pass judgement. I don’t think either of us has pissed her off lately. Is there anyone else that wouldn’t like to get even with one or both of us? :-k This might be the hard part. Anyway, i await your opening statement. You have till Friday 11:59PM. Good luck! I’m off to sharpen my saw…

Okay, damn, I’m starting huh…? Ouch. Thinking cap on.

Friday it is then.