New Religion?

Well, religions can’t really know anything, but religious people may have learned things about God via their practices.

what have “religious” people learned about god via their practices?

They may have discovered something in their practices, but putting that something together with a rational definition of what that something is, can prove problematic. If I experience a tangible feeling of receiving love after praying to God to ask for forgiveness for some sin, does that mean there is an all-knowing, all-powerful, all-good being in heaven? Typically the religious believe that to be the case, while the anti-religious don’t believe the experience itself is possible. But those aren’t the only two options.

is it anti-religious to believe in a new god?

Not sure what you mean. At first glance I’d say no.

anon are you wanting a new god? a natural god that is realistic…

No.

anyone here on ILP want a new god?

When there is already so much in the universe to stand in awe of? Naw!

arc for god sake that is what the new god is-----

For many, it is against organized religion to believe in a new god though I daresay that there are those in the church (any denomination) who see the beauty and the power in destroying and reconstructing the god they ‘see’…going beyond …

But it’s of the utmost importance I think for us to lose our pre-conceptions and the way in which we view a deity. With too much automatic belief and knowing, I think we sacrifice and lose the beauty and the meaning which can be found - by not letting go of our juvenile/dogmatic god and going in search of one who becomes far greater as we lose the god we’ve held in our view. Whether or not there is a god, what may come to us is one which is far greater and numinous and transcendent than any god which we’ve ever believed in. But sadly enough, we don’t want to walk out of that tunnel. Walking into the light is far too uncomfortable for us to bear.

BEAUTIFULLY SAID!!!

Turtle what about humanity as the God

Kriswest—that could be something…

actually as i think more on this we dont need a new religion or a new god…

what we need is christian morality without all the supernatural stuff…
religion seems to destroy the good part of christianity…

lets not say Christian morality how about plain morality. Many religions have the same or similar morals. That is pretty much why we all are not rising up and taking pot shots at our different neighbors.

sounds good kriswest-----

So now we have PLAIN MORALITY…
what would be rule #1

#1 You must have good manners and actually have good intentions towards others

Merry Christmas Kristy - and a Happy New Year to you too.

And what and who is to determine what those ‘good intentions’ are? And once we are clear on those good intentions, what then? :slight_smile:

If we are to make ‘humanity’ to be god - wouldn’t that mean that god is also a ‘continuing’ process of evolution, which I sort of intuit that if there IS something real there, then through us and because of us, that something is an incomplete ongoing process.

At this stage of our evolution, I would not want humanity to be god. :laughing:

Hey! And a Happy New year to you! I would say we can use a majority vote on who decides. this internet is in most countries and a good many humans /civilians have access to it. So why not use this tool as a tool to better our comraderie?
To make humanity as God is not literal it is just putting humanity in the higher bracket of thought, where Gods are right now. Instead of praying to gods on sunday help humanity. Instead of reading a bible , get educated. See?