The origin of the rape fantasy.

Hilarious and true.

Evolution has slowed down but by no means has it stopped.

Interesting that the responders to this OP are all male and that no one objects to the title, Origin if the rape fantasy. There’s no ‘fantasy’ in rape, which can now legally include, M/F, M/M, F/F, and F/M rape episodes.

To try to exonerate M/F rape by showing what the film showed, is rather dumb-ass, as far as I’m concerned. If you’re going to use examples from the primate world, show how the primate world exhibits the other types of rape humans can, and do, exhibit.

Oh–welcome to ilp.

f/f rape is just awesome. Sry couldn’t resist. :-" :confused:

Isn’t the fantasy much about the passion, excitement and danger [like most crime], and also of letting go [the freedom] not having to make all the decisions involved in lovemaking [for women] and wearing condoms ect [for the men].

I’ve had an ex-girl who had such fantasies, liked being taken ~ seen as deeply passionate. Another girl I met liked to tinker on the edge - so to say, in the sense of wanting but is not allowed because she had a boyfriend she loved. When I met her I don’t know why I just kissed her and she responded sheepishly, we went outside and, …to cut it short I took her through a series of erotic approaches which ended with her being totally drunk with passion. From then onwards when ever we met I just waited for the occasion to arise and she collapsed into my arms ~ though stating that she really didn’t want to be doing this. She wanted the decision to be taken away from her and with someone she wanted ~ which is also what the first girl liked. Its not anything like rape but I am looking for reasons that build up to it ~ aspects of the feminine sexuality?

Some girls don’t even want it to be with someone they wanted.

I knew a friend who went back to the same place she was raped, continuously until it happened again 3 times. Another who was always walking home alone at night through parks, I wasn’t sure if she was looking for something bad to happen but it just kinda seemed that way. …maybe I got it all totally wrong tho.
_

In terms of genetics resultant death doesn’t carry on into the next generation and so is lost, I assume that as only the survivors continue the genetic memory - so to speak, is partly concerned with excitement or conversely the detrimental experience of the act of violence in terms of its living effects. The only genetic memory of the ultimate negative outcome [death] would be that of the onlooker, family and friends experience of what happens.

Actual rape has nothing to do with sex. To assume that a woman wants to be ‘swept off her feet’ by her ‘knight in shining armor’ has anything to do with rape is to assume erroneously. No woman wants to be raped.

I have always found such discourses rather lewd. The reason being that, as Confucius and Plato noted, a person is mind, and therefore superior or inferior related to mind. Now, a superior mind, even noted by Kohlberg, abstracts concepts from the environment, while the inferior are want to parrot. A superior person lives by standards.

Since definition determines predication, a superior discourse on any topic would start with a definition.

An environmental acquisition system of a living organism is that system of an organism which must acquire something from the environment, process that which it has acquired, for a product that maintains and promotes the life of that organism.

the reproductive system is in that class, and so is the human mind.

the human mind, functions in accordance with the principles of language, both branches, analogics and logics. Now if one is completely ignorant of language, of both branches, how can one speak of any import on any topic? How does one know if what they say or think, on any topic, is significant or not, if they do not even know the convention of names they are attempting to manipulate?

How is one pile of trash better or worse than another?

So, lewd.

I think I got lost at the assumption of superior or inferior genes. Genes function or they don’t. The social issue of rape fantasy has nothing to do with that.

Some do though, I’m not talking theory here. I understand how you feel though, but I think these subjects have to be taken for what they are, it’s a curious topic which goes deep into the subconscious and may have its roots in e.g. abuse [for both parties].

Naturally they are lewd ~ that’s the topic matter, and I doubt if Confucius and Plato found a cure or understanding of such matters! If we ever want to resolve them we have to understand their causal tree [so as to nip it in the bud].

I agree with Lizbethrose; I think the problem is that “rape fantasy” is really a misnomer.

It comes down to control - in a “rape fantasy” the “victim” (male or female) is in control throughout the experience, which is obviously not the case in the real thing.

See also: http://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=172699&start=25#p2162529

The rape fantasy exists because mediocre women, or ugly women, want the alpha male to fuck them, hard. No woman wants disgusting, weak, lowly men. But 99.9% of men are just that, weak and scrawny and stupid. All women want the alpha and only the alpha. But the truth is, realistically, women “settle” for less than best. So while women pretend to “love” and become infatuated with lesser men, they still, secretly, especially as they grow older, want the alpha male, their “dream man” to rape them.

The problem is that they’re not beautiful enough women for an alpha male to divest his interest in them. Rape is risky. It’s like stepping on a lot of toes. Alpha males are rapists, yes, but there are risks. And alpha males must battle against other alpha males. So an alpha male isn’t going to risk raping just any female. This is why beautiful women are “raped” more, but uglier women wish they were. It’s about value. Beautiful women have more value, and so men are willing to take much more risks, like rape, for them. Uglier women are not valued as much, and so don’t have to worry about getting raped by anybody, let alone an alpha male.

Basically, ugly women have rape fantasies most often, because they’re not attractive enough for an alpha male to take risks for them.

Beautiful women have rape fantasies too, but, usually theirs comes to life more often than the uglier women.

I know I just offended many people. But the truth doesn’t give a shit about hurt feelings. If you want the truth, then accept the hardness.

Women want to get “raped” because they want to belong to an alpha male. Alpha males offer women protection and security. Of course women want this. That’s why beautiful women demand alpha males are violent, mean, cruel, and vicious. Women demand violence. That’s why alpha males are violent, because women WANT them to be so.

^^ lol

Good point, the woman I knew said “if I could choose the man who raped me, then I‘d love it”, naturally this is not rape but playing the fantasy of it.
In cases where the lack of control is desired, its probably down to former abuse. I also think that if conditions for that could be arrived at [a kind of control in a sense], some women I have met seem to like the idea of that ~ though they never carried it out to the best of my knowledge.

But there are woman who have a rape fantasy and were never abused.
In fact, many of them are highly successful business woman who are used to be in control.
If a woman is completely in control (for instance in the work environment) and all the man bow down to her it doesn’t seem strange to suppose that a man who could actually stand up to her and dominate her would look extremely attractive to her. A lot of woman like tough sex/s&m for that reason. The rape fantasy seems to be tough sex/s&m taken to the extreme.

Indeed, I have no doubt that there’s a tiny minority who for one reason or another enjoy the fantasy in its extreme yes.
I don’t think its ever an acceptable thing though, because the said minority play to a majority of rapist who aren’t playing the game. They may have been abused and have real anti-woman issues, even to the point of killing.

Besides, any kind of acceptance spoils the fantasy.

I don’t really understand your argument. Woman who have a rape fantasy don’t have it written on their foreheads. They usually try to fulfill the fantasy with someone they trust which brings me to my next point which is rape fantasy isn’t really the fantasy of being raped per se. It’s the fantasy of experiencing and going trough certain feelings and circumstances that ones goes trough when being raped (i.e. loss of control) but always knowing that it’s safe. It’s like watching a film. You suspend your disbelief for a while but you know it’s a film.

This is well put.

I have had fantasies of being wrongfully imprisoned and other fantasies of hardship that I would ALWAYS answer no to if offered the real thing. Somehow the visual images - which are both temporally and experientially rather different from the real experiences - experienced in the privacy and safety of wherever I create them, serve some psychological purpose. Even if the real thing served this purpose, it is actually something else completely and the negative qualities far outweigh the positive.

Ever heard of third parties? Imagine for example that in a social group or in a magazine [e.g. a mens mag] the fantasy was played out and well known by the group. If there were a member of said group or a reader of the mag the story was in, who was in fact a rapist or someone who fantasised about it [the actual thing], then to them it may justify their aims.
Are we seeing things a little too much in black and white when there are probably many variables, some women may like sadomasochism [in all its variations] and may ‘choose’ someone they know is a bit dodgy to invoke a fantasy with. By that I mean an actual rape but where only some of the conditions are met and controlled. Other women may actually like the danger aspect, though may not specifically want it to happen they may place themselves in situations where it is very likely e.g. going to well known locations where people get raped ~ as like the woman I spoke of earlier who went back to the same place she got raped and got raped again 3 more times.

I fully expect that there is every variation of the case here, no?

Maybe you’re a lightweight fantasist. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s quite ridiculous. Should we stop playing video in games so that people don’t become terrorists?

You are probably right, however terrorism in games/films etc is usually portrayed as the enemy and negative [for similar reasons]. I certainly agree that people shouldn’t be treated as if they cannot think for themselves, but unfortunately many cannot [or we’d have no crime].
I could also mention that the constant pushing of boundaries could lead from fantasy to reality, but that’s a bit like saying smoking pot will lead to heroin abuse.

In films yes. In video games? Not at all. Just think of Grand Theft Out. Everyone kept running over people and beating up prostitutes. As the main character.

Ha yea that’s always funny, I nearly always do stuff like that or kill the main characters on both sides and steal everything.

I guess any of this is only a problem if one has a problem ~ but it’s that which is the problem and nothing else.