WORDS I HATE/LOVE

But you’re in marketing, right? And you spend the majority of your waking hours producing dancing bananas… or grapes… or some pollyanna with big tits draped over the hood of a car. It’s the amurrican way! (oops, off topic) I like the word crotch. It trumps all the other bullshit words in sound and meaning… say it reeely slow…

You won’t catch me saying the word crotch in public, or even in private. It might explain why you’re alone these days. But it does speak to the potency and pungency of the word – the fact that I can’t say it for fear that my wife, once hearing it, will instantly fall out of love with me permanently. She might even fall out of love with life, like I did, when I read it above. Thanks for that.

And re: marketing, FUCK and YOU.

We don’t dream up dancing bananas. There is no WE in marketing. What we’re supposed to do is help people with a clear, memorable and motivating sales or brand message, which can mean just about anything. The banana means just about nothing, if even that. Which is not something I do in marketing.

A dancing banana by any other name is still… :laughing:

Sorry about the unmentionable word. Maybe rainey can produce a poetic treatment that would allow that word the light of day. I still like it, but I won’t say it in front of your wife. Safety first.

Crotch needs neither good marketing nor poetic treatment. Crotch is a damn fine word. (There is no WE in crotch.)

The dancing banana is evil, as are most emoticons. It just happens to be the evilist.

The dancing banana is an affront to anyone with even the tiniest bit of aesthetic sensibility.

But evil - mmm, I’ve recently taken quite a shine to that word.

rainey, just curious, is it evilist or evilest? Engrish confuses me sometimes.

Anita, so dish… what is it you find interesting in evil? You’re not contemplating something are you? :confused:

JT, apparently I’m even more clueless than I thought [size=75][the clueless, clueless about her cluelessness - it’s a vicious cycle - I’m getting dizzy][/size] - anyway, word on the street is that as a white woman, I personify evil and - AND! - I can make men do whatever I want them to do! How fun is that?!

Okay well gotta run, with all this power comes great responsibility you know, so much evil to do, so little time…

Lately the word ‘uptick’ is irritating. No known reason.

:laughing: Yeah, that’s a name I could hate with little effort. REAL UNORIGINAL. The epitome of dipshitism.

OK OK… you can do anything you want with me, just be gentle, please? O:)

Is that more irritating than ‘downtick’?

I’m tired of seeing the word ‘moron’. I mean, it’s … moronic.

From “Mother Goose”–
Diddle, diddle dumpling,
My son, John.
One shoe off
And one shoe on."
Isn’t that a beautiful set of words?

Or you’ll be a winner of bullshit bingo.

Bullshit! :laughing:

If I ever hear downtick, I’m sure it will be just as irritating, if not moreso.

Well, just so you know, the stock market had an uptick today, but will probably suffer a downtick later this week. :laughing: Is there such a thing as an untick? I could like that word.

A couple more hated words:

1. boost - I like the sound of it but I’m tired of how it is commonly used. We have a boost in cleaning power! Fuck you.
  2. new - so what? Everything is new at some point.

Good point. New does not necessarily mean good–for anybody. “Craving novelty”–how obnoxiously those words fit together.
Ticks on the dog have more meaning than ticks from a clock.
Try the words in this sentence–“At 6 a.m. the cock ejaculated a crow!”

I love crombombulent, it’s a word I made up about my dog who is crombombulous. No I don’t know what it means because I made it up. I probably should of thought it through. :wink:

He’s also a hulvis incidentally or a hulver. I sometimes call him Hulvis Presley, because he is the King of Hulvers obviously.

I don’t know why the word deliverables must exist or what it means, but I’m assuming whatever a deliverable is, a dirigible is not one of them. Nonetheless, both words, deliverable and dirigible, can fuck off.

Fuck is a great word. Fuck is the Chairman of the Board.

Shit is maybe Dean Martin. Not a fan of the word shit.

Women seem to like saying shit more than men, although men tend to like saying jack-shit, even though jack squat is funnier.

Bottom line is men don’t need any permutation of shit on the tips of their tongues. They prefer fuck. The ideal woman is into shit and fuck, both.

Both words, that is. :blush:

:banana-dance:

saved by the banana guy

Godamighty, Do you realize how old you have to be to catch that? Most of these people wouldn’t know FS from shit let alone the moniker. You is old, almost ancient! :laughing: :laughing:

I like deliverables. If I order a pizza, it’s a deliverable - even with anchovies and a side of bread sticks. Babies are deliverables but I didn’t order any. That was the wife’s doings.

Another hate word:

Biodegradable - Are you fucking kidding me? U235 is biodegradable if you wait long enough. It’s a word for the perennially gullible.

How about “new and improved” on product lables, which usually mean reduced in content and a flashier package?

No offense, g., but you need to have your head examined if you don’t like Dean Martin.

(I would have used Steve Lawrence as my “shit” example, relative to the Chairman.)