WORDS I HATE/LOVE

Is that more irritating than ā€˜downtickā€™?

Iā€™m tired of seeing the word ā€˜moronā€™. I mean, itā€™s ā€¦ moronic.

From ā€œMother Gooseā€ā€“
Diddle, diddle dumpling,
My son, John.
One shoe off
And one shoe on."
Isnā€™t that a beautiful set of words?

Or youā€™ll be a winner of bullshit bingo.

Bullshit! :laughing:

If I ever hear downtick, Iā€™m sure it will be just as irritating, if not moreso.

Well, just so you know, the stock market had an uptick today, but will probably suffer a downtick later this week. :laughing: Is there such a thing as an untick? I could like that word.

A couple more hated words:

1. boost - I like the sound of it but Iā€™m tired of how it is commonly used. We have a boost in cleaning power! Fuck you.
  2. new - so what? Everything is new at some point.

Good point. New does not necessarily mean goodā€“for anybody. ā€œCraving noveltyā€ā€“how obnoxiously those words fit together.
Ticks on the dog have more meaning than ticks from a clock.
Try the words in this sentenceā€“ā€œAt 6 a.m. the cock ejaculated a crow!ā€

I love crombombulent, itā€™s a word I made up about my dog who is crombombulous. No I donā€™t know what it means because I made it up. I probably should of thought it through. :wink:

Heā€™s also a hulvis incidentally or a hulver. I sometimes call him Hulvis Presley, because he is the King of Hulvers obviously.

I donā€™t know why the word deliverables must exist or what it means, but Iā€™m assuming whatever a deliverable is, a dirigible is not one of them. Nonetheless, both words, deliverable and dirigible, can fuck off.

Fuck is a great word. Fuck is the Chairman of the Board.

Shit is maybe Dean Martin. Not a fan of the word shit.

Women seem to like saying shit more than men, although men tend to like saying jack-shit, even though jack squat is funnier.

Bottom line is men donā€™t need any permutation of shit on the tips of their tongues. They prefer fuck. The ideal woman is into shit and fuck, both.

Both words, that is. :blush:

:banana-dance:

saved by the banana guy

Godamighty, Do you realize how old you have to be to catch that? Most of these people wouldnā€™t know FS from shit let alone the moniker. You is old, almost ancient! :laughing: :laughing:

I like deliverables. If I order a pizza, itā€™s a deliverable - even with anchovies and a side of bread sticks. Babies are deliverables but I didnā€™t order any. That was the wifeā€™s doings.

Another hate word:

Biodegradable - Are you fucking kidding me? U235 is biodegradable if you wait long enough. Itā€™s a word for the perennially gullible.

How about ā€œnew and improvedā€ on product lables, which usually mean reduced in content and a flashier package?

No offense, g., but you need to have your head examined if you donā€™t like Dean Martin.

(I would have used Steve Lawrence as my ā€œshitā€ example, relative to the Chairman.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzgzim5m7oU[/youtube]

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pieā€¦ Who the hell would write something like that? :-&

Poetry, JT. Pure poetry.

#-o Ummmā€¦ is it time to get on the boat and maybe let the wind clear out a few cobwebs? :unamused:

Speaking of poetry, when are you gonna post your latest? Anita is waiting with bated breath.

batedā€¦ thatā€™s a word you donā€™t hear very often anymore. I like the suspense of that word, waiting for whatever comes after it. After all, you can only be bated for so longā€¦

i hate the word Caveat
Love the word Surreal

Yes, bating. Iā€™m something of a master at it. Wait - that didnā€™t come out quite rightā€¦umā€¦forget thatā€¦ :blush:

ANYway, havenā€™t written a poem in months, JT. Off on a different direction writing-wise these days and I just canā€™t find it in me. Even as encouraging as Anita has always been (for which I have always been grateful).

:slight_smile: Iā€™ll take that as raineyā€™s tactful, kind way of telling me to stop harassing him. 8-[

[size=70]However, if your alternately-directed writing is suitable for sharingā€¦ Hey, canā€™t blame a girl for trying! Okay, okay, I got that outa my system, so I promise Iā€™ll stop now.[/size]

No no no! Donā€™t stop! Men love to be harassed by a beautiful woman. Isnā€™t that right, rainey? Otherwise, we just end up batedā€¦ errr, or something. :-"

But Anita is right, So if it isnā€™t poetry, what is it and why not let us have a look see?

Dean Martin. :wink:

TBH they are far from the worst lyrics in the world, Lady Gaga for example has the patent on gibberish.