WORDS I HATE/LOVE

From “Mother Goose”–
Diddle, diddle dumpling,
My son, John.
One shoe off
And one shoe on."
Isn’t that a beautiful set of words?

Or you’ll be a winner of bullshit bingo.

Bullshit! :laughing:

If I ever hear downtick, I’m sure it will be just as irritating, if not moreso.

Well, just so you know, the stock market had an uptick today, but will probably suffer a downtick later this week. :laughing: Is there such a thing as an untick? I could like that word.

A couple more hated words:

1. boost - I like the sound of it but I’m tired of how it is commonly used. We have a boost in cleaning power! Fuck you.
  2. new - so what? Everything is new at some point.

Good point. New does not necessarily mean good–for anybody. “Craving novelty”–how obnoxiously those words fit together.
Ticks on the dog have more meaning than ticks from a clock.
Try the words in this sentence–“At 6 a.m. the cock ejaculated a crow!”

I love crombombulent, it’s a word I made up about my dog who is crombombulous. No I don’t know what it means because I made it up. I probably should of thought it through. :wink:

He’s also a hulvis incidentally or a hulver. I sometimes call him Hulvis Presley, because he is the King of Hulvers obviously.

I don’t know why the word deliverables must exist or what it means, but I’m assuming whatever a deliverable is, a dirigible is not one of them. Nonetheless, both words, deliverable and dirigible, can fuck off.

Fuck is a great word. Fuck is the Chairman of the Board.

Shit is maybe Dean Martin. Not a fan of the word shit.

Women seem to like saying shit more than men, although men tend to like saying jack-shit, even though jack squat is funnier.

Bottom line is men don’t need any permutation of shit on the tips of their tongues. They prefer fuck. The ideal woman is into shit and fuck, both.

Both words, that is. :blush:

:banana-dance:

saved by the banana guy

Godamighty, Do you realize how old you have to be to catch that? Most of these people wouldn’t know FS from shit let alone the moniker. You is old, almost ancient! :laughing: :laughing:

I like deliverables. If I order a pizza, it’s a deliverable - even with anchovies and a side of bread sticks. Babies are deliverables but I didn’t order any. That was the wife’s doings.

Another hate word:

Biodegradable - Are you fucking kidding me? U235 is biodegradable if you wait long enough. It’s a word for the perennially gullible.

How about “new and improved” on product lables, which usually mean reduced in content and a flashier package?

No offense, g., but you need to have your head examined if you don’t like Dean Martin.

(I would have used Steve Lawrence as my “shit” example, relative to the Chairman.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzgzim5m7oU[/youtube]

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie… Who the hell would write something like that? :-&

Poetry, JT. Pure poetry.

#-o Ummm… is it time to get on the boat and maybe let the wind clear out a few cobwebs? :unamused:

Speaking of poetry, when are you gonna post your latest? Anita is waiting with bated breath.

bated… that’s a word you don’t hear very often anymore. I like the suspense of that word, waiting for whatever comes after it. After all, you can only be bated for so long…

i hate the word Caveat
Love the word Surreal

Yes, bating. I’m something of a master at it. Wait - that didn’t come out quite right…um…forget that… :blush:

ANYway, haven’t written a poem in months, JT. Off on a different direction writing-wise these days and I just can’t find it in me. Even as encouraging as Anita has always been (for which I have always been grateful).

:slight_smile: I’ll take that as rainey’s tactful, kind way of telling me to stop harassing him. 8-[

[size=70]However, if your alternately-directed writing is suitable for sharing… Hey, can’t blame a girl for trying! Okay, okay, I got that outa my system, so I promise I’ll stop now.[/size]

No no no! Don’t stop! Men love to be harassed by a beautiful woman. Isn’t that right, rainey? Otherwise, we just end up bated… errr, or something. :-"

But Anita is right, So if it isn’t poetry, what is it and why not let us have a look see?

Dean Martin. :wink:

TBH they are far from the worst lyrics in the world, Lady Gaga for example has the patent on gibberish.

Oh JT, you’re so sweet, you know flattery will get you everywhere, which is why I’ll be happy to come over and help you find your glasses.

I like the word gibberish a lot; I think it sounds much better than it looks.