George Carlin On The Political Process

“The political process and voting is a lot like masturbation only when I masturbate I get something more out of it in comparison.”

When someone tells me they voted in the presidential election, and particularly if they act proud of it or put an “I voted” pin/sticker on their shirt or car, I immediately lose a lot of respect for them.

I feel the same way.

I don’t like George Carlin, hypocrite whiner.

yea we definitely need a lot more people feeding us bullshit at this point in time.

Isn’t that what you here for :-"

Cynics and Stoics at it again, just like 2000 years ago.

Yeah except cynics were basically stoics who pulled away from society and lived shabily, now a cynic is just an eternal downer.

The only thing I’ve seen that makes duality unique is that he’s a Christian and a “cynic”.

Well at least I aint an imperialist butcher of the 3rd world and oppressor of 99% of the population

WHY?

You might as well wear a pin that says “I waited in line at the grocery store even though I wasn’t buying anything.” That’s why.

Not to mention all of the philosophical baggage that people usually hold when they’re proud of voting. Stuff about patriotic duty and the like…yuck.

any other whys?

Well, anybody who’s into those “vote or die” type campaigns isn’t somebody I respect. They’re asking people to vote without even asking them to think about who they’re voting for. Their campaign isn’t “Research the politicians and then vote or die,” it’s “vote or die.” So, they erroneously think that peoples’ votes count, AND on top of that still don’t want to encourage people to think about who they’re voting for or why they’re voting. It’s like, “I don’t care what you believe or if you even think about your decisions, I want you to make very important decisions that will affect the whole country and millions of peoples’ lives anyway.”

thanks…i understand…i like your thinking…

Flannel Jesus = 100% Correct with that post.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx_5oHq0pio[/youtube]