Top Fives

Oh you have to put restrictions on good music, people who just steal other peoples music and have no discernible talent of their own, that’s not good music, that’s regurgitating stuff someone went out of their way to create (remixes piss me off the most, no wonder you’re getting no money for that, you didn’t do jack shit). Don’t be so naïve. We judge music by how long a band lasts, how many people like them, how different it is, how talented the performers are, whether live they don’t just turn up on stage and push a button and walk off, or can’t sing and just mime, all sorts. We don’t judge music by a passing fad that will probably be deader than disco in no time. Not referring to any music genres per se but get real dude. :wink:

Seriously spare me the “free form” everything is good crap, some bands are just not going to last. Hell some music forms are just so trite, and so copying other people they didn’t deserve to be there in the first place. Let me tell you what producers look for, they look for the next best thing, not something that is an iteration of someone else’s talent. Get real, you can’t put a label on just damn good, my ass. There are bands I can’t stand that are damned good. There is some objectivity in any art form.

Let me tell you what I value, I value sheer musical talent, and ability to play music in a way that just works, I value someone who doesn’t play to the crowd but develops their own flavour. I value creativity, a muse of fire, that would ascend the very heavens of invention. What I don’t value is some twat singing or using someone else’s song because they don’t have the creativity to make their own songs. It doesn’t have to be all their own work, it doesn’t even have to be any of it, but it has to be composed in such a way that it is not overly derivative. It has to have something of a muse.

Now I am not a big fan of “dance music”, but occasionally someone just does something amazing: it’s not all their own music it’s not therefore original but it is put together in such a away that the talent is obvious:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVT5NmqJPrI[/youtube]

And what do you have against the 1300’s anyway, a lot of the late middle age music was very original, I wish we had preserved it all. It’s only now in the 21st century where we have so much music at our command, that some artists at least feel no needed to have any talent any more.

If music only sounds good when you’re off your nut on your favourite drug, and not when you’re sitting there listening to it sober and appreciating it as well, it aint good music. Live with it.

Favorite Actors:

1.) Sean Bean
2.) David Morse
3.) Hugh Laurie
4.) Kevin Spacey
5.) Nicholas Cage

Favorite Actresses:

1.) Kathy Bates
2.) Jennifer Tilly (Hotness Alone)
3.) Kate Winslett
4.) Salma Hayek
5.) Marisa Tomei

Favorite Actresses:

1.) Bryce Dallas Howard
2.) Claire Danes
3.) Briana Banks
4.) Meryl Streep
5.) Anne Heche

Favorite protein shake flavors:

1. chocolate.
  2. blueberry
  3. strawberry
  4. mango
  5. vanilla

Favorite protein shake flavors:

1. original
  2. peanut butter
  3. All the others taste like sick.

Favourite action movie one liners:

1.(The Dark Knight) Joker: “I like it when they’ve got a little fight in them”. Batman (appearing from nowhere): “Then you’re gonna love me”.
2. (Predator) Blain: “I Ain’t got time to bleed”
3. (Matrix) Trinity: “Dodge this”
4. (Predator) Dutch: “Stick around”
5. (Total Recall) Quaid: “Consider this a divorce”

Favourite action movie one-liners:

1.) “Draw.” Kurt Russell-“Escape From L.A.”

-In the scene Snake Plissken (Russell) is surrounded by four guys armed to the teeth. He raises his hand and picks up a pop can saying, “What do you say we play a little, ‘Bangkok Rules,’ nobody draws 'til this can hits the ground.” Russell then throws the can high into the air, and as the four guys are staring up at the can, he blows them all to Hell. A second later, the can hits the ground and Russell says, “Draw.”

2.) “Yippeee-Kiyaayyyy, motherfucker!” Bruce Willis-“Die Hard”

3.) “Go fuck yourself.” Last words of Neal McDonough’s character in, “The Hitcher.” This is technically a horror movie, sorry.

4.) “You missed. (Picks up the Uzi and shoots the gang members’ car) I missed too. (Shoots the gang member in the ankle) You see, that’s the concept. Take some shooting lessons, asshole.” Michael Douglas-“Falling Down.”

I consider that a one-liner as it is unbroken dialogue.

5.) “Sounds like you’ve had a hard life. Good thing it’s over.” Steve Austin-“The Condemned”

TOP 5 SONGS IN A LANGUAGE OTHER THAN YOUR OWN:

1.) Rammstein: “Du Hast”

2.) Falco: “Rock Me Amadeus”

3.) Nena: “99 Luftballoons”

4.) Ritchie Valens “La Bamba”

5.) Arash “Tike Tike Kardi”

5 songs in a Foreign Language:

1.(Tarfur-Quarashi
2.(Jorge-Nightmares on Wax
3.(Sad Wedding Day-Ashley MacIsaac
4.(Devorzhum-Dead Can Dance
5.(Kobresia-Biosphere

5 Favorite Screen Adaptions of Famous Plays:

1.(Zefferellie’s version of Hamlet w/ Mel Gibson
2.(Paul Newman’s version of The Glass Menagerie
3.(Polanski’s Macbeth
4.(The HBO version of Cat on Hot Tin Roof w/ Tommy Lee Jones and Jessica Lange
5.(The TV version of Death of a Salesman w/ Dustin Hoffman

Dude, this song is rad. Gracias.

5 Favorite Screen Adaptions of Famous Plays:

1. Kurosawa, Ran, adapted from King Lear
  2. Pacino, Looking for Richard, adapted from Richard III
  3. Mamet (?), Glengarry Glen Ross
  4. My Fair Lady (Audrey Hepburn version from the 60s), adapted from Pygmalion
  5. Richard III (Ian McKellen version from the 90s)

5 things you shouldn’t buy cheap just to save money:

1. Suits
  2. Shoes
  3. Sausages
  4. Wine
  5. Razors

5 things you shouldn’t buy cheap just to save money:

1. Definitely razors
  2. clothes in general
  3. Food
  4. Condoms :smiley:
  5. An education

5 Overrated things in life:
1-Champagne
2-Parties
3-Fame
4-Cars
5-Family

5 overated things in life:

1. sex ( yes I am doing it right, it’s not as important as people make out, listen up, you can, and this may shock you have more fun doing something else, it is possible)
  2. chocolate, don’t get it, it’s not better than sex and hence less important
  3. Business men, don’t get me wrong I’ve been one, but hell such a pretentious group of cnuts
  4. TV, by law it was always better than when you were a kid, it just seems so meh now
  5. American comedy, what the fuck happened there?

5 things I couldn’t do without

1. my PC, no brainer
  2. family, seriously they help me atm to keep sane, I guess I’m lucky only 80% of my family suck
  3. alcohol, it eases the pain in the operation I call life.
  4. mistakes
  5. A lovely cup of tea

Me likes this thread.

5 things I couldn’t do without

1 - My cat
2- My macbook pro
3- Internet
4 - Gym
5- Oxygen

5 most visited websites

-Releaselog
-ILovePhilosophy
-Facebook
-Youtube
-Tumblr

5 Most visited Websites:

1-ILP
2-My Bank Page
3-Barnes and Noble
4-Audible
5-NPR

5 Favorite Male Roles in Movies:

1-Johnny Depp in Dead Man
2-Brad Pitt in Kalifornia
3-Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet
4-Jack Nicholson in As Good as it Gets
5-Tom Hanks in Road to Perdition

Just looking for a movie, I’ve seen As Good as it Gets, but not in ages, I remember really liking it so thanks for the reminder Ed. :slight_smile:

Blue Velvet is a great movie, disturbing but if you can watch it to the end, it is well worth the effort. That sex scene still haunts me, you know what I mean. :wink:

5 favorite male roles in movies

1. Heath Ledger - Dark Knight
  2. Christian Bale - The Machinist
  3. Ryan Gosling - Half Nelson
  4. Viggo Mortensen - LotR
  5. Tim Robbins - Shawshank Redemption

5 worst actors

1. Tommy Wiseau
  2. Keanu Reeves
  3. Brendan Fraser
  4. Ashton Kutcher
  5. Nicolas Cage

Where did you get “Ed”?

Yes, the sex scene did have a twisted kind of Freudian edge that momentarily intensified the general luridness of Lynch’s style that reminds me of a David Salle painting.

Lysdexia probably…?

Apologies.

I thought Ashton Kutcher was fine in The Butterfly Effect.

Top 5 Worst Actors:

1.) David Schwimmer
2.) Brendan Fraser
3.) Jim Carrey (In anything except comedies)
4.) Hugh Jackman
5.) Val Kilmer

Top 5 Colognes/Perfumes (That you, personally, wear)

1.) Davidoff’s Cool Water
2.) English Leather
3.) Stetson
4.) Drakkar Noir
5.) Acqua Di Gio-Georgio Armani

Side Note:

The English Leather by MEM would be #1, the one made by DANA is #2, so I just put it at #2 because I can’t find the original E.L. anymore.

Great film.

Top 5 interests in life (in no particular order):

1)Philosophy(specifically truth)
2)Military
3)Good stories(Movies, Video Games, Novels, Epics, Romance)
4)Good music
5)Women(specifically my idealized woman)

Top 5 visited websites

1)ILP
2)Youtube (mainly for music and Game reviews)
3)http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage
4)Various Wiki’s
5)http://artofmanliness.com/