Aztecs

Aztecs were bad-ass.

When they were born, the first thing they heard was “you were brought into this world to suffer.”

The luckiest of the lucky got to be taken prisoner in a battle and brutally sacrificed in front of a whole city. Seriously, this was considered the greatest possible honor.

As far as death worshipping societies go, this one was pretty cool. They were like native-american samurai. Except instead of katanas, they had fucking wooden boards with thorns.

Some of those wooden clubs had sharp obsidian blades which was a favorite amongst the Aztecs. Neat shit.

I actually have seen one up close before at a museum.

Right, not thorns, obsidian blades. I envy you, I would love to take a gander at one of those bastardly things.

More than death cults, pain cults ? or emotional sensation cults ? a primitive way to investigate new emotions or sensations (just like our Drugs LSD or whatever, when what we want is to change our neural system), or the fascination with extreme situations pains/emotions ?

Asymmetry of Information ? some know more than others, some have the power to decide, the fascination with death and pain and the independence of the decisions ? but if we are all equal no fun, the game is inequality of information or decisions ? groups that are equal but only up to a certain point ? but then each individual must thrive to distinguish himself, to know something unknown (secret knowledge (no one else knows, as in against others)) ? not all equal…

The Aztecs were f-ed.
I don’t understand why so many people become insane, but it happens. It’s usually religion oriented though.