Looking to judge a debate, clallengers needed.....

Gosh it’s been awhile now. I still would be interested I guess, in judging i mean but we would be one short and may also need a better topic

No hurry. I’m always happy to argue, or to NOT argue. But if there IS an argument, I wanna be in on it :slight_smile:

Samm would be happy to debate IFF needed, but he’s never done a debate in his life. I have, but I’m not that good, so you may wanna scrap this one. On the other hand, it might be entertaining?

i really don’t mind; if someone wants a debate i’d like to judge it, but I’m happy to wait until a new topic has been proposed and we have eager beavers wanting a go.
I appreciate the offers though Bec & Samm :slight_smile:

I will debate that it is guilty until proven innocent

I will debate that it is guilty until proven innocent

So would I. It may be hard to find anyone in America who believes in innocent until guilty… could we modify the topic a bit?

An eye-opening truth if i ever saw one, although I might go as far as to suggest the whole world - perhaps it is intrinsically human.

I’m not into arguing/debating, too much… But if we could drastically change the topic to be debated- I will gladly ‘debate’ a christian, one that believes the bible contains a historically accurate representation of actual events, if there are any of those fools (no offence, I genuinely believe people like that to be fools) on here.
Or I would be up for debating, more-or-less, anything to do with religion- it does more harm than good, for example.
I don’t have much experience of ‘debating’, but I’ll have a go.

If anyone else volunteers for the Christian side, they’re undoubtedly more qualified than I and I’ll gladly yield. I’m a Christian and a go for debate, BUT my personal views, that there are a number of inaccuracies in the Bible and that the god of the New Testament is not omnipotent in this world, may be too liberal for this particular challenge, as I gather that my would-be worthy opponent is only interested in challenging naive fools and religious simpletons.

I will debate that there will be no debate.

No debate at all on any topic?

DEBATE ME, PLEASE!!

Mel, will you, PLEASE, debate me?
Choose another topic, if you have to (although religion is my favourite subject), just DEBATE ME!!

Thank you, I’d love to. I’m not a formidable opponent, but I enjoy the process. Even when I end up annihilated and humiliated, I learn something from that failure.

Specifics: I’m game for almost any “religion” topic so long as I have enough room to honestly present FOR my liberal beliefs (similar to Unitarian). What would be some religious topics of interest to you?

Time: I’ve never engaged in a formal computer debate before (unless you count email to email), so I’m not familiar with the different protocols. I’d have to have segmented, flexible time, almost like e-mail debates. I can’t promise being available to sit at the computer at any particular time, nor for any particular length of time, so I guess I’d have to ask for an almost email-like segmented, extended debate with limits on response time (respond to opponent within x hours??). Would something like that work for you?

Looking forward to it, thanks again for the offer.

NOTE: I’m really not a good debater, so place our debate at the bottom of your debate hierarchy, if you get offers from other opponents. Patience is one of my strengths – more time to prepare. :wink: Also, consider that my required type of segmented response, as with segmented game playing moves, allows you to engage in other debates concurrently.

Great! Thankyou.
Im not much of a ‘debater’, either.
Your idea of taking our time to respond suits me down to the ground, so to speak.

You identify yourself as a ‘‘christian’’, but then seem to exclude yourself from the category of ‘‘naive fools and religious simpletons’’ (please dont be offended)???
Could you explain this to me, please?

What makes a person a ‘‘christian’’?

What makes YOU a ‘‘christian’’?

(I haven’t got much experience of debating, but i believe this is going to be ‘fun’!!)

I’ll gladly answer those questions, once we ascertain they will not be the topic of debate :smiley: . You’ve subtly suggested a couple of good topics already. Why don’t you make a short list of suggested topics, then I’ll edit them and pass them back to you, and we’ll go back and forth until we’ve settled on one? Or is there a better way?

Question: Since we’ll have time for responses, would you be OK if I used my husband samm (on this forum) as a resource/adviser? Conversely, I’d freely allow you consultation with anyone you might choose.

I like to trust you with the details (translate: scut work), if that’s OK, like judges or whatever – I’m pretty easy as long as we’re mutually agreed on the topic and protocol of responding. rebecca

That all sounds fine. I’ll think on that “list” tonight, and show you what I have (probably and hopefully) tomorrow.
Thanks. Dan

Debate me on christianity. Why will the question “why is a person a christian?” not be part of our debate? This is a philosophy forum, for your own good, if you are a ‘devout’ christian, and are intelligent (an intelligent christian???) don’t debate me on christianity, go on another forum; there are plenty of “christian forums”!!! Christianity is RETARDED; there is no such thing, in this reality, as a “clever” christian!!! I am, as a friend of mine worded it, a “real philosopher” (I’m still not getting it), if you debate me on this I WILL win.

PS: I’m pretty clever you know; and I think I have worked out who you are… (Your real name, if I’m right, begins with J). Debate me on christianity if you want, and dare- but I’ll probably just show you why its a load of superstitious horse-shit, so to speak.