Philosophy For Us Dummies

mutcer is back…

Yay! :doh:

You all know that his name is Rectum spelt backwards, right? I can see him sitting there laughing his ass off right now… I think he needs a direct link to this thread.

dummies pay attention to flannel jesus…he will teach you how to post…

Turtle, I’ve been reading your various threads, yes you don’t say much and perhaps you could benefit from working on that, but then again you don’t say too much. Take almost any given post of mine as an example. If brevity is wit…

image.jpg

attention dummies-----------pay attention to THE god…you will learn some things about people…
up with philosophy…

The philosophical angle: Is it an appropriate or meaningful question “how did matter and energy come about”; what sort of a question is it; what would be needed to answer it, or to know if it is a valid question.
2. Same questions.
3. Fucking is what answers 2.

Are “is” and “it”?

1. Appropriate or
  2. Meaningful

And God said, “Let there be light”. It was a big bang; and we and it have been banging ever since.

good questions-----------what do you think

:laughing: Oh, little reptile, I can somehow see you standing in front of the class.
And what do You think, little reptile? :evilfun:

since you are my teacher(remember) i need to know your thoughts…

…and doesn’t that work both ways? The student also needs to know the thoughts of the teacher.
I am much more the student than the teacher! I love to learn.

BUT…I might say that “is” and 'it" are appropriate and meaningful only insofar as what comes before and after those two words.

Love both requires and IS discipline! (appropriate and meaningful) AND

The moon IS beyond brilliant in the night sky ~ IT resides in perfect silent harmony with the stars! (appropriate and meaningful)
…subjectively speaking of course. :evilfun:

In the classroom : Arcturus Descending, proud teacher, stands to one side while the star pupil, Turtle, reads his homework in front of the class. Peterpan observes, puzzled, from under the cone of his dunce’s cap in his usual corner. #-o

:laughing: What is it that is puzzling him and why is it that he is in a corner with a dunce’s cap?
I have often myself worn that dunce’s cap.

Probably puzzled as to why he is in the corner with the hat on.
Being a mischievous faun, he has most likely misbehaved due to scents of spring in the air.
Aside from that, interesting little read on origin of Dunce’s Hat in wiki p d a.

I wonder in what way he had misbehaved to warrant the dunce’s hat.
Maybe he was simply not paying attention to the teacher - couldn’t take his eyes away from looking out of that window and that robin sitting on the magnolia branch and chirping away.
Too bad the teacher didn’t take all of the little fauns outside to sit under the magnolia tree for their lessons.
First lesson to learn: the scent of the magnolia.
Second lesson to learn: what a tree feels like hugging it.
Third lesson to learn: What it feels like rolling around in the grass.
Fourth lesson to learn: what a magnolia tastes like.
Fifth lesson to learn: how many birds and squirrels can live in and around one magnolia tree.
The only question on the test would be: Now what does it feel like to be a faun in the Spring?

Thank goodness we’ve come a long way from the shame and embarrassment of the dunce’s hat.

Western philosophy began when Thales of Miletus claimed that water was the common denominator of all phenomena.

Obviously philosophy in one form or another has existed for tens of thousands of years before this time.

Sometimes I think that precious little exists on some Forums…

You are correct, but how do we know, except by seeing ancient beliefs through modern eyes, which may be an imposition of our beliefs on theirs, what existed before recorded philosophy?