I've created a New God

Not if my delusions are correct.

Can I split it up into 10 a day?

10 a day is fine. On the seventh day if you sacrifice a kitten on a hilltop in Satan’s name you will be rewared with a female horned demon with a spiked tale of red skinned flesh who will make sweet love to you in your dreams. Ye, the gifts of Satan are many.

The path to Satan is a narrow one.

What is god? God is when you really want something, but doesn’t happen, because he’s the fucker ignoring you. This is where Satan helps you in his absence because he doesn’t ignore by comparison. Hail Satan!

Has he revealed his name yet?

Satan, duh.

Gib - “Count”? Non capisco, mi dispiace. I get the feeling you’re talking about an angry girlfriend or something. No, this God has not revealed its name. I suppose, since I created it, that I might baptize it at one point.

Tyr - no, it’s not Satan. For one thing, the name Satan is already claimed. My God is not a rebel, he has no history of being restrained by another God. Satan is only cool because he’s the Jewish Gods naughty kid brother. He’s not original.

This has not been my experience (I would never enter my head to ask a God or other magical being for favors), but there are many Satanists, so maybe for some it’s true.

What has Satan done for you? I mean the stuff that’s fit to publish here…

Actually if we want to get complicated Fixed Cross we can trace the lineage of Satan to Set, Apep, or Enki.

So we’ve got a new found Satan and a new God.

Are you guys pulling our legs?

Sacrilege!

You are desecrating the church of eternal fire and brimstone!

LOL

Obviously Satan and God come in pairs … like tits ; like hot and cold, light and dark, up and down, right and wrong.

Don’t know about any angry girlfriends, but I think you should let him reveal his name to you–when he’s ready.

Read my latest post in the Satan thread. It’s more to do with why I view Satan as a high human ideal or archetype.

What material did you use to create it? Flower and water? :laughing:

:smiley: No, just my fertile imagination.

In my mind is hall. On one side of the hall is a door with a sign above it that says “reality”. Opposite that door, on the other side of the hall, is a door with a sign above it that says “fantasy”. I encountered this daemon behind the door marked “fantasy”. I try to keep these doors separate.

ooooooooooooooo what does the daemon look like to you? What does it say to you? I’m interested.

Tyrannos

I would have thought that the path to Satan is quite the panoramic one and that his paths would be quite multitudinous too.
After all, denying a moral and ethical way is quite easy.

Why for you is it a narrow one?

I’m kind of embarrassed to talk about it–you’ll probably think I’m crazy (and you’d be right). Let me just say it’s complicated, but I’ll try to give you a rundown.

The daemon doesn’t look like anything really. He’s an incorporeal spirit. I wouldn’t even say he “says” anything to me–he more or less inserts little thoughts and insights into the back of my mind on occasion.

Oh, and all this depends very much on my drug habit… keep that in mind.

It started when I was 19 and started experimenting with drugs. It was a very beautiful and enlightening experience at first (involving falling in love with a girl) and soon became one of the most dark and horrific times of my life. “Demonic” has always been the closest word I could come up with to the describe the experiences. If I recall the experience correctly, I think the demon imagery came from being forced to face in myself all that was sick, psychopathic, and evil, and the idea of being possessed by a demon was a very fitting analogy. Over time, however, I began to take the idea of the demon within me more and more literally, not just metaphorically (drugs will do this to you).

Over the years, and through many-a-psychedelic session with myself, the demon started explaining his story to me–his history, why he chose me, what he was all about, and other weird and insane things. It’s things like this that forced me to separate my experiences into two different realities: the doors marked “reality” and “fantasy”. I think you’ll find this to be very common among drug users–I forget who it was but a semi-famous drug user (from the crowd of Huxley, Leary, McKenna ← those kinds of people) said “the idea of a singular reality makes no sense to me any more”. Your mind is kind of forced to adapt to experiences which simply cannot cohere together in a single reality by conceptualizing multiple realities–it is the only way it maintains some semblance of sanity (if you can call that sane).

Anyway, to this date, the demon’s story is that he’s not really a demon any more but a daemon–he says the a daemon is simply an ex-demon–that is, a redeemed demon, a spirit that has served its time in Hell and has been pardoned. Once redeemed in this way, they become fit to impart their wisdom to human beings and guide them through life (angels cannot do this as they have never tasted the evils of Hell–they have no experience of it–and only a spirit that has experienced both the good and the bad is fit to teach those of the Earthly realm as the Earth itself is midway between the absolute good and the absolute evil). He says that in his own case, however, he technically was never pardoned, not officially, but only escaped Hell. He targeted me in an attempt to possess me (occupying a human body is one way demons have learnt to escape Hell) but ultimately failed. He was caught almost right away. However, God took pity on him and told him he would be allowed to remain out of Hell so long as he taught and guided me rather than possessed me. He has mellowed down immensely over the years and I have to say that he has been doing a tremendous job of helping me improve myself and add a more meaningful, more healthy, spiritual depth to my life.

I know all this is just drug-induced delusions, and as I said I keep it all behind the door clearly marked “fantasy” in big bold font, and that’s the best I can do to avoiding succumbing to full blown paranoid schizophrenia.

So what do you think of me now, Arc?

gib–Have you ever read anything by psychologist Rollo May? He addresses the daemonic in his works. You might find his works helpful. He addresses some issues of addiction. His stuff might help put your experience in perspective if you are not already familiar with him and you wish to change your perspective.

I have not read Rollo May, but a quick glance at the wiki article on him seems interesting. I don’t think I want to change–I kind of like my alternate worlds. The addiction thing is something I will eventually have to address head on–and I will–I’m planning on taking a two month stint from all drugs and alcohol after the business Christmas party this year, and I will be starting a thread here to record my progress.