Philosophy For Us Dummies

how do you know what I ignore…
why is your opinion about facts so important…

#-o #-o I give up. Being personal is being mostly subjective.

whats wrong with subjective…

Subjective and objective are like yin and yang. They cannot be separated. Probably personal and impersonal cannot be separated either. It is only when we communicate that we can come to an agreement as to what constitutes a fact. Hydrogen is an atom is a fact for the time being. So I’m simply saying that there is no objective fact devoid of subjective interpretation; and what we consider fact today may be considered fiction tomorrow. Our learning is a process.

So you don’t know what you mean by your own question? In that case, the answer is ‘blue’.

how much chance ier is atomic theory of matter going to change…it works…it has been tested…what are the odds…

ucc----what is your answer…I’m asking the question…please define any difficult words…

Ever hear of the particle vs wave controversy? String theory?

ier do you think that a hydrogen atom as science has shown is going to change soon…one proton and most common atom in universe…

What we know of fact is what we can predict accurately. 2 hydrogen atoms + 1 oxygen atom = water (H2O). I’m saying that it’s a bit more complex than simply saying an atom exists. The sun converts hydrogen into helium.

duplicate

us dummies---------------I just saw a spectacular u-tube of 58 minutes…it was the story of nick juvicic…the guy
with no arms/no legs/no worries…it says a lot about healthy living…

the guy talks about accepting yourself as is…

An amazing story of courage. Apparently, the guy has no severe mental problems. And, yes,his attitude is something we should admire and try for.

ier—I am glad you responded…this could go on your site also as far as helping people with psych problems…

us dummies------------I have decided that my greatest FEAR is being left ALONE…

Why?

when I was five my parents fought and threatening divorce…I was very scared…

But you are not five now little reptile. You are an adult. And you do have yourself. That you have to hold onto but leave behind what really can’t hurt you anymore, unless you want it to continue to. We know that there is more than enough to deal with in the present - those moments when “life sucks, then we die” can be best gotten through when we don’t drag such a past into our present.
When I was 7 to almost 18, I was in an orphange of about 125 children. Yet that is really being all alone, amidst all of those human beings. Our greatest aloneness can be felt among many and our greatest most wonderful “togetherness” can be felt in solitude.

when I was five my parents fought and threatening divorce…I was very scared…
[/quote]
But you are not five now little reptile. You are an adult. And you do have yourself. That you have to hold onto but leave behind what really can’t hurt you anymore, unless you want it to continue to. We know that there is more than enough to deal with in the present - those moments when “life sucks, then we die” can be best gotten through when we don’t drag such a past into our present.
When I was 7 to almost 18, I was in an orphange of about 125 children. Yet that is really being all alone, amidst all of those human beings. Our greatest aloneness can be felt among many and our greatest most wonderful “togetherness” can be felt in solitude.
[/quote]
arc maybe some things cant be fixed so easily…