Philosophy For Us Dummies

us dummies------I don’t see any big cosmic plan for humans…we just are and things are changing and evolving…

Changing and evolving may just be the great cosmic plan.

I see changing and evolving as our own individual plan. It happens but by our own determination and struggle.

I guess you can see it both ways…

Cosmically speaking, I don’t think we can see it as a PLAN so much as an organized randomness. But even that is a perception - in hindsight. lol
Can you come up with a better way to express it, turtle? I failed. :laughing:

I failed also arc…

That it can be seen both ways does not indicate that one way contradicts the other way.

I agree …I think it is both ways

That which does not contradict may complement. I’m searching for complementations, for things that come together as One.

please tell me more about your search…

The wisdom of the world is that all things are only individual, particular, personal. Along the path of dearth a seeker may find manna from heaven in reconciliations of love. Love reunites and includes. It is all there is worth seeking because it unites being and belonging. It sanctifies becoming. The three Bs of Dasein are being, becoming and belonging. Love enhances, and makes possible, all three.

where are all the dummies…

Where are the questions that would cause us dummies to opine?

ok----this dummy thinks that death and loneliness are the two biggies…and religion tries hard to deal with
these existential problems…

Does religion help or hinder?

turtle
ok----this dummy thinks that death and loneliness are the two biggies…and religion tries hard to deal with
these existential problems…
[/quote]
ier
Does religion help or hinder?
[/quote]
turtle
I think it can help and hinder…the worst part of it …we tear each other to pieces arguing about different beliefs…it helps some people and hurts others…what do you think

Religion is infantile so long as it contains bullies’ e.g., threats of eternal damnation. It is infantile if it is married to politics. It is infantile if it does not support hope and love for each other.

again

Death is sometimes to be desired. Just to be finished with suffering. Loneliness is never to be desired. It is suffering. I’d choose death over loneliness, if I had such a choice. But I don’t.

Religion is infantile so long as it doesn’t lead to conscious thought and moral and ethical behavior. I have found that many people, christians and otherwise, (but not you Ierrellus) seem to separate their religion and/or spirituality from what they DO and how they live. Religion for them IS simply an opiate.