Race-Realism = The Truth

Yeah, but you still have to age a year.

Is anyone in this thread in favor of affirmative action policies?

I am not, there is clear evidence that it harms everyone. Both those that are affirmed and those held back, while also increasing/creating a divide between the two groups. It was seen in the affirmative action of South Africa, the Indian Caste “fixing” and every place it has been used.

They just perpetuate stigma and stereotyping.

What about reparations for slavery?
Anyone in favor of that?

Ecc, do you think that black people in america are still suffering from the effects of slavery?

Of course.
Imagine if your ancestors had been paid for three centuries worth of hard labor, you’d be a lot higher up the chain now than what you are.

They’d own property too, going back generations.
And investments.

So you’re in favor of reparations then?

Personally, I’m indifferent either way.

But I’d like to hear liberals explain why they’re not.

You’re indifferent? I’d like to hear you explain why.

And wait…you want liberals to explain why they’re against reparations? What?

I thought you understood by now.
At KTS we’re anthropologists, interested in the vagaries of human psychology, but especially the dark heart of liberalism.

That’s why I find it hard to see how ‘altruists’ who preach egalitarian ideals can be opposed to reparations.
I mean, it’s just money.

The dark heart? Dude, if you’re going to pretend to be doing science, or hell, even philosophy…you just can’t say shit like, “the dark heart”. I mean come on. Have some respect for yourself. Give your arguments the attention they deserve, and don’t use all this flowery horseshit language to try and spruce em up. You might as well paint your bias on your forehead.

Can you point out to me one of these altruists who preached egalitarian ideals?

That was unnecessarily off topic… the descriptor is fine, and would well describe the Liberals here too.

My bad.

I’d say that there are only two options: the action of having to migrate triggered the rise in intelligence, or the rise in intelligence triggered the action to migrate forth and seek new pastures… I’m a sucker for the reason behind things :wink:

There’s a third option- that the rise of intelligence and the compulsion to migrate both arise from a third, as yet undescribed factor. Maybe some populations live in an enviroment where it takes more intelligence to survive, and there is more need to move from place to place.

I would have been, if they were a brief measure that lasted only a single generation, as they were advertised when passed into law. Now, though, it’s clear that they aren’t doing any good and have overstayed their welcome, so it’s time for them to go.

They’re the ones who preach equality and the humanity of blacks, but drum up some argument about why they’re not entitled to reparations.
That’s what I meant by the dark heart of liberalism.

It’s like The Selfish Gene was never written, or they pretend not to notice it.
About time that book was required reading for blacks.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGv8PQr8Uo4[/youtube]