GOD=NATURE

how about not using money and returning to the real human jesus…

Well, please realize that I am a little complicated from your perspective, although simple in the long run.

My solution for;
Philosophy (and thus all thought) is RM - Rational Metaphysics
Physics (and thus all physical interaction) is AO - Affectance Ontology
Psychology (and thus all human behavior) is PHTMOT - Perception of Hopes and Threat, Memory, Ontology, and Time,
Sociology (an thus all governance and religion) is SAM - Social Anentropic Molecularisation,
Economics (and thus all money and trade issues) is IJOT DJ - Integral of Joy Over Time and a Dairy of Joy.

I instilled SAM into a church once a few years back, unfortunately the church was already on the edge of bankruptcy and didn’t really have a good leadership sufficient for a good SAM prototype. But in the short time it had, it resolved every problem they presented to it. From their perspective, it worked “miracles” by resolving what they worried about most (they just didn’t know what problems they had to worry about most - yet).

SAM is very patient and tolerant. It doesn’t care who or what you worship as long as you do it properly (meaning in the SAM way). In the long run you will learn. SAM removes deception from the mind and world of Man - through time. But until you can witness a good prototype, it takes too much explanation to feel confident about it. Once witnessed, it is pretty simple and easily empirical.

so james you are talking about a rational realistic approach to everything…why so many fancy words

Umm… which words would those be?

… and probably just to impress the chicks. 8-[

What do you exactly mean by “Integral of Joy Over Time and a Dairy of Joy” and how does it work in the long run?

In Sight of SAM

It is the beginning of a better form of economy.

Excuse me, but that’s too general! :slight_smile:

Well, you can’t expect to skip to the last chapter of a book and have it explained it in coherent detail. You need to first get the concept of the RM method, then get the physics down, then the psychology, the sociology, then the economics, “IJOT_DJ”. The way the new economy works is explained in terms of the psychology and sociology, which are explained in terms of the physics which is explained in terms of Definitional Logic as required by RM. Everything I do is connected.

Sounds a bit utopian given the materialistic world we have inherited. See Thomas More’s “Utopia”,
wherein gold is used to line toilets, having little other practical use.

back to GOD=NATURE…I WAS TALKING WITH A VERY RELIGIOUS MAN IN THE CHURCH THAT I GO TO…he stated that the more he understands about NATURE the stronger is his belief in GOD…

I’d guess that most church goers see God as personal and partial; whereas Nature is not. How can you change that?

my church needs to have a science study group…

Thanks for your advise but my friend, i do that a lot before making such kind of conclusive statements, for more than you are assuming. I always try to test those from as far angles as possible. And, your rebuttal is the first one among those.

Supernatural simply means that is totally beyond nature, not merely our scientific understanding.

The aging and death of humans, animals and even plants with time can also be attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.
Should we call this phenomena also a supernatural?

Think again.

with love,
sanjay

How would science address the human need for the personal?

my church needs to have a science study group…
[/quote]
[/quote]
it would not address the human need for the personal…it all depends on how much people want to delude themselves…
also if you study human nature you would find that we need each other in a bad way…right now we are killing each other…

[/quote]
it would not address the human need for the personal…it all depends on how much people want to delude themselves…
also if you study human nature you would find that we need each other in a bad way…right now we are killing each other…
[/quote]
Perhaps it is by being impersonal that we can excuse killing each other. It has to come home some time.

Without being personal one cannot exhibit compassion and empathy. The Golden Rule starts with the self. Personal is the root of morality. Jet fighter pilots can drop bombs, using computer game like consoles. They see targets, not people. The abstraction (impersonal) makes killing feasible. One cannot be rid of the human need for the personal without dire consequences.

of course but where does your god come in here

Why would I want an impersonal God? One who would not ask me to be personal with others? God is evident and personal in how we treat others.

you don’t want an impersonal god…what does your personal god do for you…