Philosophy For Us Dummies

yes mags…please dummies pay attention to my profound thoughts on GOD=NATURE and levs atheist thread…I have found a way to bridge the gap between theist and atheist…take a look and please comment

there is the person god and the nature god and they are the same but the atheist-theist debate rages on…there is a lot of ignorance…

yes mags…please dummies pay attention to my profound thoughts on GOD=NATURE and levs atheist thread…I have found a way to bridge the gap between theist and atheist…take a look and please comment
[/quote]
there is the person god and the nature god and they are the same but the atheist-theist debate rages on…there is a lot of ignorance…
[/quote]
the person god is something that people want and need…it is only in their minds…it is a part of human nature

Or you should get a new brainteaser? :wink:

Do you remember the first brainteaser I posted in the thread “Post a picture of yourself”?

I will soon start a new brainteaser for you.

Are you ready, Mags?

All other members of this forum are invited too.

Great advertising you’ve been doing there Arminus… are you sure you don’t work in thqat industry? :wink:

Yes, I am sure that I don’t work in such an industry. I get no money for it - yet. :cry:

us dummies need to update…

Because nothing was there to stop them.

Idem

Everything. Whatever anyone finds it to be about.

1. How did matter and energy come about??
    [/quote]
    Because nothing was there to stop them.

what does that mean…help me

I find few places left to post. Atheists, who seem to rule here, are just as literal as are the fundies they attack. But they just don’t attack fundies, they attack anything seen as spiritual.
On the big qestion–How did it all begin (matter, etc.)? One can say God did it, that is was God. But that is an opinion. Atheists will counter it by assuming that what came into being has no need of a creator/sustainer.

maybe we don’t know shit…maybe that is what felix is talking about on the existential commit thread…idk

this is beyond belief, god doesn’t exist nor does he not exist. existence is not a quality shared by god, it is only essence. this is scholastic stuff. i think the scholastics were right in the tripartite division of existence, essence, and being.

does an idea ‘exist’? of course it does, does an idea expressed as a word ‘exist’? similarly, yes.
why come up with ideas? how? what’s behind them? surely an idea is as real as the stuff behind them. god has a background. it has been generated from some thing(s), and thought itself is as a composite of those things , is like wise some thing. a thing is nothing more than the idea of that thing. and the absolute reduction of those things, or those two things, is not absurd, it has a genesis. in the beginning, was the word. before the word, nothing existed, at least nothing which could be thought about.

that absolute, is the god, the word, the idea and the love for it.

how can an absolute reduction generate love? by virtue of the reduction, where the surplus meaning is ever slowly cast out, toward those who have come to come up with the idea. love is=to compassion to those forerunners. it is a sort of repayment to those to whom the idea came, and became constructed by the passage of time.

us dummies…I am watching the forums closely…there is a lot of anger and hatred…

“I can smell a rotten egg without being able to lay a fresh one.”–Walter Kaufmann. So try to avoid the rotten eggs. Nothing you can say or do will make them fresh again.
The anger here is usually, “You are not I”.

us dummies are right on top of that shit…

We are?

on to something more positive…why is there so much unhappiness on ilp…and in the world…why do we take so many pills…

…and did you just dispel it, turtle?

That’s really not a positive statement you just made here there, turtle.
But perhaps one of the reasons is because we seek more happiness than we need to.
Another is because we haven’t found something in our life that is so capable of turning us onto life - a raison de etre, so to speak, something to inspire our curiousity to give rise to the human spirit.
That doesn’t discount clinical depression of course.
Those who takes pill do so because they feel they will work and for some they are needed and do work up to a point.
For the rest who take them it’s a lazy shortcut into life - and death too I think.