GOD=NATURE

my church needs to have a science study group…
[/quote]
How would science address the human need for the personal?
[/quote]
it would not address the human need for the personal…it all depends on how much people want to delude themselves…
also if you study human nature you would find that we need each other in a bad way…right now we are killing each other…

How would science address the human need for the personal?
[/quote]
it would not address the human need for the personal…it all depends on how much people want to delude themselves…
also if you study human nature you would find that we need each other in a bad way…right now we are killing each other…
[/quote]
Perhaps it is by being impersonal that we can excuse killing each other. It has to come home some time.

Without being personal one cannot exhibit compassion and empathy. The Golden Rule starts with the self. Personal is the root of morality. Jet fighter pilots can drop bombs, using computer game like consoles. They see targets, not people. The abstraction (impersonal) makes killing feasible. One cannot be rid of the human need for the personal without dire consequences.

of course but where does your god come in here

Why would I want an impersonal God? One who would not ask me to be personal with others? God is evident and personal in how we treat others.

you don’t want an impersonal god…what does your personal god do for you…

Asks only that I treat others as I would like to be treated, which is personal.

maybe you have a more personal relationship with god…do you ask god for help…

To ask God for help as a believer is redundant, but all too human. God helps. Otherwise, given my life history, I could have ended up as a bitter old man.

in what way does god help you now…

In the help of family and friends during and after my operation. In allowing me some mental stability with meds and counseling.

doesn’t all that have to do with other humans helping you…how about your direct relationship with god

The relationship with God exists in others helping me. Perhaps that is as direct as God gets.

at this time is it anymore direct for you…

No. The help is through people who “are God’s hands and feet” on this planet.

that is where I am at…do you have any other insight//feeling about the nature of god…

Others helping and the sometimes charity of strangers are all of God that I’m aware.

how about nature

Nature is a great help to me…at times it almost becomes my lover. Not that I ever truly lose my sanity but there are times when nature binds me to itself and I am made whole again.
Religare - to bind. :mrgreen:

the more I study nature the more I believe in god…I am an agnostic believer…try that one